User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2011, 05:30 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Csa

I am seeking new employment and want to review all of my reports beforehand (to make sure nobody is screwing up my record). How do you get a copy of your individual CSA driver score? I just ordered a copy of my DAC and downloaded my PSP online (which costed $10 and I thought was my CSA score)...but that just lists crashes and inspections (see below). Basically, I had one out of service the last 3 years (only because a tire picked up a bolt in the 30 miles between where I stopped the night before and the scalehouse). No crashes, injuries, fatalities, towaways, etc. MVR has no violations. Is there a way to get this CSA information as a driver? Thanks!

This is what a PSP looks like (I've omitted my personal info such as licenses and name)

# of Crashes: # of Crashes with Fatalities: # of Crashes with Injuries: # of Towaways:
# of Fatalities: # of Injuries: # of Hazmat Releases:
Driver Inspections:
Driver Out-of-service Inspections:
Driver Out-of-service Rate:
Vehicle Inspections:
Vehicle Out-of-service Inspections:
Vehicle Out-of-service Rate:
Hazmat Inspections
Hazmat Out-of-service Inspections:
Hazmat Out-of-service Rate:
Driver Summary Vehicle Summary Hazmat Summary
Date DOT # Carrier Name Driver Name Driver Lic State Driver DOB Rpt St Report Number Location # Fatalities # Injuries
Crash Details
Vehicle Violation: 393.75(a) Flat tire or fabric exposed OOS
2 03/10/2011 277356 USF GLEN MOORE INC KY P6W3002734 N 2 1
1 11/24/2009 511412 WESTERN EXPRESS INC MD 00JU000125 N 2 0
Inspection Details
Date DOT # Carrier Name Driver Name Driver Lic State Driver DOB Rpt St Report Number Hazmat
Insp
Insp Level # of
Viol
Carrier Info Driver Info Inspection Info
0 0 0 0
0 0 0
Old 12-31-2011, 04:59 PM
Senior Board Member

I got mine from my fleet manager...
Old 12-31-2011, 05:25 PM
Senior Board Member

Doesn't matter if you're put OOS or not. If the inspections had any violations they count. If the only violation is 393.75(a) the VSW(violation severity weight) is 8 x 3 total 24. In a few months it will be 16.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1 View Post
Doesn't matter if you're put OOS or not. If the inspections had any violations they count. If the only violation is 393.75(a) the VSW(violation severity weight) is 8 x 3 total 24. In a few months it will be 16.
Points for that are stupid! I only drove about 30 miles from when I started my day until I pulled on the scale and the tires were all fine when I left. There was no way I could have known that I just picked up a bolt in a tire. I'm not psychic! Is a driver going to stop every 10 miles and inspect the tires? I'm not really worried about that anyway because it's the only thing that I know of going against me.

What I was wondering about is actually called the individual driver BASIC score (I think). I don't think you can get access to that...can you? Thanks!
Old 01-13-2012, 10:13 AM
Senior Board Member

If you have a PSP anyone can figure your points. The cover page should list all failed inspections with violation codes and VSW. At least when a carriers pulls them. Don't know if a driver gets the same report. Basic scores are carriers not drivers. They are calculated on percentile of trucks,inspections,ect.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1 View Post
If you have a PSP anyone can figure your points. The cover page should list all failed inspections with violation codes and VSW. At least when a carriers pulls them. Don't know if a driver gets the same report. Basic scores are carriers not drivers. They are calculated on percentile of trucks,inspections,ect.
That is what I posted at the top (my PSP report). It is in a PDF table when you order it. It appeared out of alignment/sequence but you can see the information still. I thought there was an individual BASIC score, too. Thanks!

Basically, I was wondering about a written warning citation I received in Texas. The trooper was a jerk! This car cuts me off and then a state tooper pulls me over. He says I am following too close and he will have to issue a citation. I told him that car intentionally cut me off after I moved over for a truck on the shoulder. Then I moved back right and this car comes flying by me, hits the brakes in the left lane and then jumps right in front of me. I told him he needs to start issuing tickets to cars that intentionally cut off trucks. He said I am not going to argue about it. I said you're right there is no argument. I just told you what happened and yet you insist on writing me a ticket. He is like ok but I am still going to issue a warning. Then, he kept asking me if I had any meth or weed! "Are you sure?" What the hell is that!!!!? Dude...you just made it obvious to me that it had nothing to do with my driving and this was all a ploy to pull me over. You didn't do an inspection or even look at my logbook...and you spent 20 minutes asking me if I have meth or weed or a criminal record! It wouldn't surprise me if the car that jumped in front of me was owned by the state of Texas...and part of a stupid drug-trafficking war ploy.

So...basically, I was wondering if this issued warning is anywhere on any of my records. I heard warnings will give you points. Anybody know?

Last edited by madaxeman; 01-19-2012 at 04:28 AM.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:11 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madaxeman View Post
That is what I posted at the top (my PSP report). It is in a PDF table when you order it. It appeared out of alignment/sequence but you can see the information still. I thought there was an individual BASIC score, too. Thanks!

Basically, I was wondering about a written warning citation I received in Texas. The trooper was a jerk! This car cuts me off and then a state tooper pulls me over. He says I am following too close and he will have to issue a citation. I told him that car intentionally cut me off after I moved over for a truck on the shoulder. Then I moved back right and this car comes flying by me, hits the brakes in the left lane and then jumps right in front of me. I told him he needs to start issuing tickets to cars that intentionally cut off trucks. He said I am not going to argue about it. I said you're right there is no argument. I just told you what happened and yet you insist on writing me a ticket. He is like ok but I am still going to issue a warning. Then, he kept asking me if I had any meth or weed! "Are you sure?" What the hell is that!!!!? Dude...you just made it obvious to me that it had nothing to do with my driving and this was all a ploy to pull me over. You didn't do an inspection or even look at my logbook...and you spent 20 minutes asking me if I have meth or weed or a criminal record! It wouldn't surprise me if the car that jumped in front of me was owned by the state of Texas...and part of a stupid drug-trafficking war ploy.

So...basically, I was wondering if this issued warning is anywhere on any of my records. I heard warnings will give you points. Anybody know?

Yes. 7 fricking points for a warning.

I was given a warning after passing a Level 1 inspection for "Turning to wide". I had turned left from one 2-lane road, onto another 2-lane road. The DOT officer was sitting at the intersection in the ditch next to the stop sign.

I saw the trooper a few hours later at a truck stop and he snickered about giving me the warning.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
Yes. 7 fricking points for a warning.

I was given a warning after passing a Level 1 inspection for "Turning to wide". I had turned left from one 2-lane road, onto another 2-lane road. The DOT officer was sitting at the intersection in the ditch next to the stop sign.

I saw the trooper a few hours later at a truck stop and he snickered about giving me the warning.
Orangetxguy...thanks for the info! It just seems like a way to illegitimately screw compliant drivers because drivers can't dispute this information on their record. Apparently, I can't even view it on my record either! That appears to be a FOIA violation. Turning too wide? I guess that DOT was dropped on his head at birth or something. Are you supposed to just run everything over to make a turn? Where were you at? Mine was just outside of Texarkana about MM 210 on I-30.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:52 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madaxeman View Post
Orangetxguy...thanks for the info! It just seems like a way to illegitimately screw compliant drivers because drivers can't dispute this information on their record. Apparently, I can't even view it on my record either! That appears to be a FOIA violation. Turning too wide? I guess that DOT was dropped on his head at birth or something. Are you supposed to just run everything over to make a turn? Where were you at? Mine was just outside of Texarkana about MM 210 on I-30.
I was between Laredo and Brownsville on a back road cutting miles off the trip!!! Two narrow farm-to-market roads in the mesquite.
Old 01-21-2012, 01:17 AM
Senior Board Member