User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2012, 06:30 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Uncurable Jock Itch (grossout warning)

Hi,

I included the grossout warning to keep the women safe (unless they don't care).

My problem is a red rash on my scrotum (testicle sack). I've had it for 2 years now! It is most noticeable right where the testicles touch the scrotum skin, so I think sitting down 11 hours a day in the truck might be at least a partial cause. I was driving for 3 years with no rash at all, then it started.

Things I have already tried : vaseline, desenex powder, gold bond powder, A and D ointment, Walgreen's Jock Itch cream, and the latest one, by prescription, Nystatin antifungal cream. Nothing has cured it. :cry:

I heard someone on the radio, during a talk show, say he got a prescription which cured it, but I can't remember the name of the product !

Anyone ever get this, and cure it ????

Sorry if I offended anyone but I am desperate. :banghead: And yes, off color jokes are OK.
Thanks,

ZW

Last edited by Zombie Woof; 01-08-2012 at 06:35 PM.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:43 PM
Senior Board Member

You need to stay away from the lot lizards

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 01-08-2012, 11:31 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

If the latest one was by prescription, I'm assuming you've been to a doctor with this. Did the doctor say it was a "fungus"? There is something called "Chlamydia" that is an STD. But, I don't know much about it. I don't think it's a fungus, but I don't know. If you've tried vaseline, that should eliminate mites of most kinds because it blocks their oxygen and they die off.

Beyond that, I can't help you much. It would have to be pinned down better.

Old 01-09-2012, 01:45 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

You may want to consider using a different laundry detergent. Some people can be allergic to certain chemicals in some detergents. That area of the body needs to have air. if you wear jockey shorts you may want to try boxers or a hybrid between the two. I would also try a different type of ointment. Some work better than others and ointments that are rubbed into the affected area seems to do better than powder or spray on ointments. I would also suggest you use either corn starch or a power with corn starch and put that on your underwear to help absorb any moisture.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:44 AM
Rookie

Thanks for the replies. Windwalker, yes, after 2 years hoping it would go away, I showed it to my doctor, and he thought it was a fungus, and wrote me the prescription. GMAN, thanks for the suggestions. In researching this thing on the internet, it turns out there is "red bag syndrome" in which the redness never quite goes away, no matter what treatments are used, and they just have to live with it !!
Old 01-09-2012, 02:52 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I have never heard of "red bag syndrome." I hope you can figure it out.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:55 PM
Senior Board Member

WOW!! 2 YEARS!! That has to be driving you NUTS!! Sorry, I couldnt help myself
Old 01-09-2012, 07:54 PM
Board Icon

Don't have it, but I did a little research for you. One thing for sure... you are not alone!

Before I give you some links, let me give what little advice (not necessarily informed) that I got from what I read:

1) Stop using most of the creams, lotions or ointments that you have tried. They can make the problem worse.

2) Definitely change detergents AND throw away every pair of undershorts you have and buy new ones. Buy a week's worth of jockey types AND a week's worth of "tightie whities." Reason? The loose ones may help if you need "air." But, sometimes it is better to put close fitting cotton "between" areas of skin that otherwise would touch each other and spread or worsen the irritation. Stay with one or the other type for a week or two exclusively to see which works best.

3) Look at your diet... especially snacks (like peanuts)... and try changing it dramatically. Whatever you eat MOST for snacks... eliminate it totally for a few weeks.

4) Try to remember what (if anything) you started, stopped or changed dramatically about the time you first noticed the problem. This could be food, soap, detergent, cologne, etc. [even wife or girlfriend!] If no change in partner... ask HER to think about the same things SHE may have changed about that time.

Okay... I'm out of medical advice. Now... read this first link and then read all the pages (5) in the discussion:

Help for Red Scrotum Syndrome - Men's Health Message Board - HealthBoards

Notice at the bottom of the page(s) that there are several other threads about the same topic on this messageboard. You might want to check them out, too.

Here is the google search link I used, and you may find other info there that will help. I didn't check the Wiki links, because I don't really trust them.

red bag syndrome - Google Search

(if that link doesn't work... just google red bag syndrome)

I checked out "neurodermatitis" but I don't think that is what you have. I also checked on yeast infections with the same conclusion.

After you stop all other creams and stuff that you listed... and against my own best judgement... to ease the discomfort and what I assume is alot of "scratching" that will only make things worse, try the "roll on" version of Cortizone-10 with aloe. Apply it and let it DRY before putting on your undies. This MAY give you enough relief to give other remedies time to make a difference.

Best of luck, and I hope I was of some help.

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:40 PM
Board Icon

I did a search here, because I remember we discussed this topic before.
This was the post I found, in Big Rig Video thread.
...apparently this is one of the stories that got edited out of the Video...hope it helps. :thumbsup:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog
Seeryuslee tho...... What kind of stories? some have asked me.

Well, it's been awhile, but I remember the video guy was riding along with me, filming, and I just spoke from the heart. I marveled at how so many truckers these days are highly educated individuals, who have come from many backgrounds, some with coweege degrees, and high power, high paying professions. I however had to work my way up to trucking, but I did have one claim to fame... I once dated Shania.

Took her to a ritzy restaurant called Top of the Park, which was the top floor of the tallest building in Traverse City overlooking Grand Traverse Bay at sunset. We were having a lovely very romantic dinner, and I thought things were going well for me.

Well, I was having a little trouble with jock itch. You know how when you start to scratch yer nuts, it just itches worse, and then next thing you know, yer having to really dig at them. I was trying to ignore the itch, and that just made it worse. So I finally had to give in and get my hand down my pants and really itch them. I have certain "good spots" that if I scratch... my leg reflex will get one of my hind legs tapping. When that started up, I just had to borrow Shania's hair brush. Now I'm scrubbing those puppies with the hair brush, and my hind leg is tapping wildly, with my knee banging the bottom of the dining table, rattling the silverware, and knocking over the glasses. I also got that grimace where your right eye shuts tight, and you grimace hard, exposing your teeth from your snout to your ear. My lower fang was pinching my upper lip and that caused a long drool trail.

I think what must have bothered Shania the most was I handed her hair brush back when I was done, without cleaning it off. At least I think that might have been my mistake as she threw it at me, and stormed off in disgust. She's never returned my phone calls since.

Hey, you wanna hear about this time I hauled a hazmat load of ping pong balls.....??

(itch-itch-itch-scratch-scratch-scratch-dig-dig-dig) Say would you mind handing me that cheese grader.....??

[interview went of for about 3 hours, I would have thought they would have kept some of it]

Old 01-09-2012, 10:26 PM
Board Regular

Tried many of the medications on your list for the same ailment and the only thinf that works for me is "Gold Bond Medicated Anti-Itch Creme". The are many Gold Bond cremes so be sure you get the anti-itch that comes in a tube.