User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2011, 02:49 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Looking to get into the trucking industry.

Hey yall,
My name is Ron and I'm new to this forum,I have a few questions for anyone who may be able to help me out . I'm looking to get into the trucking industry and was wondering if anyone would know of any companies that offer training and that hires people from South Florida. I was talking to my father about this a few days ago since he has driven trucks for many years and he says that it may be very hard to find a company that will bring me on and train me being that I live in South Florida " Palm Beach County " He suggested that I'd either look at Swift or U.S.Express and to stay away from Prime and Werner He owned his own truck and pulled for Swift,Marten and PDQ. Do any of yall have any experience with these companies " SWIFT or U.S Express "and do either one offer training? I've been looking online and don't really know where to start looking in the right direction.I'm afraid of making a bad choice and getting scammed by a bad company after I sign that year contract with them for training.Any helpful advice would be much appreciated.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:19 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

You are not going to get scammed by any of the training companies. If you sign a contract to stay with them for a specified period of time and don't fulfill your part of the agreement, then you will be liable for your training. There is a company listings on this forum. You can check some of those carriers to see who does training. Some that have been mentioned are Millis, Swift, Roehl, Covenant and CRST.