User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2011, 04:23 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=1-Up trucker;500391]thing is i spend next to no time in my bunk i appreciate the constructive criticism though I however DO take credit for the miles they drove as it was MY equipment that went through hell, MY $$$ spent replacing 1 tranny, and not to mention I spend every waking moment in the jumpseat, explaining the ins and outs of what I did to make CRE work out for me, as well as providing a means of instruction[/QUOTE]

The thing is......A TRAINER can not train from the bunk. So...Good for you.

As for how many miles you ride.....No company is going to look at your "years of service" then your "claimed miles" and think you are serious....except for being seriously demented. It's to bad your trainees caused mechanical repairs to be done to your truck. BUT......putting 3 or 4 hundred thousand miles on a truck in two years does that. You're gonna play the game....you're gonna pay the bill due.

And....this statement totally proves my point.

Quote:
b/c i consider myself still a rookie regardless of my short term accomplishments and really dont know what to do now that i own the truck much less where to go or how to go about accomlishing it
If you truly were a "Million Miler" you would have the years of experience a "Miler" has acquired and you would have made the appropriate jump years ago.

Shocking.

As I stated before..........if the only requirement to attain "Million Mile" status, is movement from "Point A" to "Point B"...........I too can double my mileage. Or more. I don't and I won't.

Come back in 6 or 7 years and talk to us about being a "Million Miler".
Old 07-18-2011, 07:19 PM
Rookie

[QUOTE=Orangetxguy;500413][QUOTE=1-Up trucker;500391]thing is i spend next to no time in my bunk i appreciate the constructive criticism though I however DO take credit for the miles they drove as it was MY equipment that went through hell, MY $$$ spent replacing 1 tranny, and not to mention I spend every waking moment in the jumpseat, explaining the ins and outs of what I did to make CRE work out for me, as well as providing a means of instruction[/QUOTE]

The thing is......A TRAINER can not train from the bunk. So...Good for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
As for how many miles you ride.....No company is going to look at your "years of service" then your "claimed miles" and think you are serious....except for being seriously demented. It's to bad your trainees caused mechanical repairs to be done to your truck. BUT......putting 3 or 4 hundred thousand miles on a truck in two years does that. You're gonna play the game....you're gonna pay the bill due.
i think i see what you are saying now

as for your statement regarding the "appropriate jump" i still to this very second dont know where I can go and make more $$$ than I currently do for less effort than I am with CRE. i honestly do HATE running 5-6k miles per week just to clear a $2500 paycheck. Do you have any advice on where I can go now that I have the title etc?
Old 07-18-2011, 07:48 PM

It's not too late to suggest a couple of updates to the England training manual, is it? How about "Trip planning is not always a waste of time." and "While signs can be dull and numbers can form interesting patterns, occasionally, the numbers actually mean something."

Truck crash causes East Side backups | Press & Sun-Bulletin | pressconnects.com

You can read the tractor number . . one of yours? Just kidding.

I couldn't even begin to read your entire post but it sounds like you've accomplished some good things and good for you. I am forced to wonder about your teaching methodology, however. It puzzles me that your thought process allows you to count another (many) driver's miles as your own and you then go on to try and defend it. Do you agree that it might be more accurate to distinguish between your driving miles and your training miles? Doesn't England have a mileage requirement that each of it's students must attain? By your way of thinking, they'd never get any.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:12 PM

Here are a few questions a prospective Fleece-Op may be interested in:

(It's a shiny new Volvo so it is fair to assume it's a fleece, right?)

1. Who pays for the tractor damage?

2. Who pays for the freight and trailer damage?

3. Is the Fleece - Op paid for the miles to the point of the collision?

4. What is the likely impact on the Fleece - Ops contract with CRE?

5. Who pays for the costs incurred by the municipality and/or the owner of the bridge?

Last edited by ilikeike; 07-18-2011 at 08:16 PM.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:33 PM
Senior Board Member
Default CR England...

Good letter. BOL
Old 07-18-2011, 09:39 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeike View Post
Here are a few questions a prospective Fleece-Op may be interested in:

(It's a shiny new Volvo so it is fair to assume it's a fleece, right?)

1. Who pays for the tractor damage?
any damage caused to the tractor(outside of mechanical) is paid for by insurance, the deductible is $1,000 which if the student is driving at time of occurrence, i only have to pay half of.
2. Who pays for the freight and trailer damage?
CREs insurance, unless CRE determines said damage was caused with intent, at which point they deduct so many cents per mile out of your settlement until the repair costs is paid off, which seems illegal IMO given there is nothing in my contract stating such.

3. Is the Fleece - Op paid for the miles to the point of the collision?
yes

4. What is the likely impact on the Fleece - Ops contract with CRE?
CRE added a clause to their contract that states either party may at any time for any reason cancel the terms and conditions of said contract, which depending on the severity of the accident they would probably terminate the contract on the grounds of said driver is unsafe.

5. Who pays for the costs incurred by the municipality and/or the owner of the bridge?
the driver pays for any damages caused to property, but would be able to contend a weak defense based on no low clearance sign, rookie driver, which would ultimately fail and result in the driver paying the costs.
hope this helps.....
Old 07-31-2011, 12:01 AM
Senior Board Member

Not to derail the topic, but am I the only one who saw a CR England ad at the bottom of this thread before logging in?
As for the bridge strike, that just needs its own thread.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:08 AM
Board Icon

Yes VIP, I call them smart ads. They take what is in a thread and generate a current ad to show.