User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2017, 02:27 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Is it worth trying....

Hey guys, thanks first for you time in reading this post, any responses are greatly appreciated. I am 37 looking at possibly becoming a trucker. I don't know if it is worth going to cdl school as my background has some issues. 5 year old dui, just got a misdemeanor charge for marijuana, (that has not been to court yet), and have 3 speeding tickets in 3 years 7 miles over 10 miles over and 13 miles over. What do you guys think is it worth me trying to make it work or should I forget about it and move on.
Thanks again
Kris

Last edited by Kmarti033; 08-19-2017 at 02:31 PM.
Old 08-20-2017, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmarti033 View Post
Hey guys, thanks first for you time in reading this post, any responses are greatly appreciated. I am 37 looking at possibly becoming a trucker. I don't know if it is worth going to cdl school as my background has some issues. 5 year old dui, just got a misdemeanor charge for marijuana, (that has not been to court yet), and have 3 speeding tickets in 3 years 7 miles over 10 miles over and 13 miles over. What do you guys think is it worth me trying to make it work or should I forget about it and move on.
Thanks again
Kris
wait till your driving record clears. stop speeding, you have demonstrated you like to drive fast. companies will deny you in a heartbeat.

as for the drug charge, good luck on that.

if you are a doper, you will be found out and denied jobs in this industry.
Old 08-22-2017, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmarti033 View Post
Thanks again
Kris
I would have waited until the driving records will go clean. What about marijuana - i do not know. In some states it is legal for the medical use, but the Federal law prohibits it.
Old 08-22-2017, 05:29 PM
Senior Board Member

Save your money and find another career. No one will hire you and if you go to school now and then try to find a job a few years from you'll find the your school time and unused cdl is useless.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington
Old 08-23-2017, 12:02 AM
Senior Board Member

If you find a company that would take you.. they would probably consider you EXTREMELY expendable. They know that drivers who are desperate to get into and stay in trucking will do anything they ask,,, legal or otherwise. If you are willing to work for companies like this... get job offers FIRST, ask them which training they recommend and go from there.