User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2009, 12:42 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneebone View Post
Promicing or promising? Sure wish some of these drivers learned how to spell correctly.
Gee, have you ever heard of a typo? It happens to all of us!
Old 07-03-2009, 12:44 AM
Default Swift Academy Day 4

Well we started out the day with 9 students, even though we ended day 3 with 11. One student voluntarily left, because he was having trouble with all the written tests.
The second student got sent home because of an old arrest in another state. Once again, tell them EVERYTHING, even if you think it has been long enough since it happened.

On a side note, I had a Domestic Violence charge in 2005. Without all the details here, I never went to jail, and did 12 months probation. Because I informed Swift of this on my application, and was fully vetted by Swift's Security department, I was accepted into the school, and will be hired when I graduate. Some of the students that have been dismissed had the same charges from 2001 and older. Since they were not honest on the application Swift sent them home as soon as they found out about the charges.

Day 4 started with the class splitting into groups by home state. Each group observed the State pre-trip inspection. This was very detailed and each step was demonstrated by the instructor.

Next we had 4 different stations on the driving range. We split into teams of 2 students, with on group having 3. With 8 trucks each student had a truck except for the team of 3 which had on student switch in.

The stations included a Straight back, offset back, and two different docking stations. We rotated through the stations for one hour at a time, for eight hours today. This was a great day with a lot of hours behind the wheel. Everyone learned a lot today, and we all saw great improvement on the range.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:57 AM
Rookie

Enjoy the posts Ford390, keep it up!
Old 07-03-2009, 01:26 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford390pwr View Post
We received an answer to the question today. This link shows Swifts cpm pay as of December 2006. This is the current pay with one exception, there is currently a $.01cpm pay cut for all drivers. So, just subtract $.01 and this is the pay!
http://www.swifttruckingjobs.com/doc...ng%20Scale.pdf
"Swift announces significant improvements to its driver pay plan!"

I don't care who you are, that's funny.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:54 AM

Quote:
They said .27 cpm, but that is yet to be confirmed!
thanks for info i went to swift school in millington tenn. back in 07 thats what they started with also. had to go back a get retested for license last month because of raid on school in tenn as you all know.
sounds like you are enjoying it there stay focused and in between the lines :thumbsup:
Old 07-03-2009, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay B View Post
"Swift announces significant improvements to its driver pay plan!"

I don't care who you are, that's funny.
Yeah Jay,
like i said that document was dated December 2006.
Old 07-03-2009, 05:14 AM
Rookie
Default Thanks for the post...

Thankx for posting what your doing at Swifts training. :thumbsup: I recently graduated from Western Pacific Truck school :badass:with my Class A & all three of my endorsments, but can't seem to get a break from any of the :ranting: companies. I did talk to Henry a swift recruiter, but he said he would call me back in a week or two. :whistle: He also said the next training was in August. All these compaines for the most part want at least 1-3 years of OTR! Im sure hoping something pans out for me soon since I spent $4690.00 :bigthumbsdownn truck school and to date have gotten nothing but apps to fill out & turn downs! :surrender:

Quote:
Yeah Jay,
like i said that document was dated December 2006.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:09 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
I was accepted into the school, and will be hired when I graduate.
I like reading the posts. BUT I can remember when I attended the academy there, Vicki made sure to tell us each and everyday, that we needed to look at the 3 weeks of training like a 3 week interview. Just because you pass and graduate, does not mean you automaticly have a job or will be hired. You are not hired when you leave school, you are officially hired after you get your driver code....that wont happen till you reach orientation.

I was at my home terminal in Edwardsville, and sat outside talking to a guy who attended the Lewiston school, and that was where he was based. He attended the school back in January. My road instructor i had ended up getting married and went O/O-team with his wife. so he's on the road somewhere with Swift. maybe you could find out what his truck number is for me, and PM me....i'm sure one of the instructors there would know it. =) All i know is it is a grey KW T-2000.

keep the posts up.....
Old 07-03-2009, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin0915 View Post
I like reading the posts. BUT I can remember when I attended the academy there, Vicki made sure to tell us each and everyday, that we needed to look at the 3 weeks of training like a 3 week interview. Just because you pass and graduate, does not mean you automaticly have a job or will be hired. You are not hired when you leave school, you are officially hired after you get your driver code....that wont happen till you reach orientation.
You are correct, Vicki said the same exact thing to us on day 1. I am just confident that I will be able to complete all of my training, and I know I have never been turned down for any job I interviewed for. There is NO guarantee of employment by Swift for completing the academy. Just as SirCronus had NO guarantee of finding employment after graduating from Western Pacific Truck School.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin0915 View Post
I was at my home terminal in Edwardsville, and sat outside talking to a guy who attended the Lewiston school, and that was where he was based. He attended the school back in January. My road instructor i had ended up getting married and went O/O-team with his wife. so he's on the road somewhere with Swift. maybe you could find out what his truck number is for me, and PM me....i'm sure one of the instructors there would know it. =) All i know is it is a grey KW T-2000.
I believe you said that your instructor was Junior. I will ask Vicki or Loary on Sunday if they have any information about him for you.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCronus View Post
Thankx for posting what your doing at Swifts training. :thumbsup: I recently graduated from Western Pacific Truck school :badass:with my Class A & all three of my endorsments, but can't seem to get a break from any of the :ranting: companies. I did talk to Henry a swift recruiter, but he said he would call me back in a week or two. :whistle: He also said the next training was in August. All these compaines for the most part want at least 1-3 years of OTR! Im sure hoping something pans out for me soon since I spent $4690.00 :bigthumbsdownn truck school and to date have gotten nothing but apps to fill out & turn downs! :surrender:
The best advice I can give you is to keep trying Werner, Schneider, Prime and the likes. These company all accept newbie drivers with a CDL and NO experience. They have lower pay, similar to Swift and the other training companies but they offer you a chance to get you foot in the door and get some over the road experience.

Also make sure you check with the companies on this list. http://www.classadrivers.com/index.p...isting&EmpID=1