User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2009, 11:33 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Funny you should mention Bush and Cheney. Fox had a few news clips of Obama this morning talking about all the billions of dollars he is spending and in one he said we are OUT OF MONEY!!! Helllloooo.......It is too bad that he has never had a real job so that he could understand that you cannot spend money if you are BROKE??!!! Perhaps we should just impeach him now while we can still pay the interest on all this nutty spending he is doing. :angryblue:
Old 05-28-2009, 01:38 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avc View Post
Sounds like another Republican plot that is working, get folks so down and desperate that they will work for food and a park bench, all while Bush Senior and Cheney steal trillions for themselves and their oil company clients !!!

If the oil clients weren't there how do you plan on fueling your truck?
Old 05-28-2009, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
Funny you should mention Bush and Cheney. Fox had a few news clips of Obama this morning talking about all the billions of dollars he is spending and in one he said we are OUT OF MONEY!!! Helllloooo.......It is too bad that he has never had a real job so that he could understand that you cannot spend money if you are BROKE??!!! Perhaps we should just impeach him now while we can still pay the interest on all this nutty spending he is doing. :angryblue:
Why are we out of money ?

Who started a fraudulent war that drove up oil to world records and fueled Exxon's record profits for any corporation ever while GM and Chrysler are bankrupt costing millions of jobs ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmon View Post
If the oil clients weren't there how do you plan on fueling your truck?
You mean Kissinger's and Cheney's Enron scam, the Cheney Energy Task Force that planned the Iraq war scam that moved your fuel to $6.00 a gallon ?

Face it guys, Bush Senior stole two elections, then stole trillions on war and oil fraud that destroyed the entire banking system and the world economy.

Do you still wonder why you guys can't make a decent living to this very day ?

It's not Obama's fault, he is the only one that stood against that clown Cheney and still is to this day, I hope he approves the congressional investigations pending against Cheney and "W".
Old 05-28-2009, 08:54 PM
Senior Board Member

I made a lot more under Bush than I did under Clinton.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:20 AM
Board Regular

Quote:

Who started a fraudulent war that drove up oil to world records and fueled Exxon's record profits for any corporation ever while GM and Chrysler are bankrupt costing millions of jobs ?

You mean Kissinger's and Cheney's Enron scam, the Cheney Energy Task Force that planned the Iraq war scam that moved your fuel to $6.00 a gallon ?

Face it guys, Bush Senior stole two elections, then stole trillions on war and oil fraud that destroyed the entire banking system and the world economy.

It's not Obama's fault, he is the only one that stood against that clown Cheney and still is to this day, I hope he approves the congressional investigations pending against Cheney and "W".
How does your foot taste? Oh, I'm sorry, I guess when you are talking out your azz the taste of that brown stuff overpowers the foot taste. My mistake.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:21 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I did well under Bush as well, Bigmon.

Quote:
Since you asked I will be glad to explain it to you. We are out of money because Obama and his fellow Marxists have blown all of our tax money. They have decided to bail out these mismanaged companies and continue to run them into the ground which will take more of our tax money. Some of these mismanaged companies are responsible in part for our high energy costs. Don't worry. Obama has a whole list of new higher taxes to help pay for it all. But first, he will likely crank up the printing presses so that he can print more money. You see, we are not really out of money as long as we have paper and ink. Now when that happens you will likely see the highest rate of inflation since Jimmy Carter. Basically, we are out of money because Obama and the democrats have spent it all. Remember the stimulus tax? They are wasting trillions of dollars on pet programs that will do little or nothing to stimulate the economy but will result in every American receiving a huge tax bill. This is also money we cannot afford to spend. Just wait until you get your new energy tax bill. Some pundits say it will result in a $3,100 per year tax on every household.

Quote:

I am not sure what fraudulent war you are referring. It wasn't a war that drove oil prices through the roof. It was speculators and OPEC. By the way, you may not know it but it is in the government's best interest for this country to have high fuel costs. You see, much of the cost of our fuel is taxes at various levels of government. Some of these taxes are a percentage of the cost. The higher the cost the more taxes are paid. I am not sure what correlation you are making between Exxon's profits and two mismanaged auto companies. I am also not sure where you come up with millions of jobs being lost if GM and Chrysler go bankrupt. Bankruptcy doesn't necessarily mean out of business. With the government running them they could easily go out.

Quote:
I haven't heard Kissinger's name come up in some time. I don't know what he or Cheney has to do with Enron and the price of fuel. I never paid $6/gallon for fuel or gas. Perhaps you could enlighten us on any proof you have about this connection?

Quote:

I believe the banking system was seemingly doing well during Bush senior's tenure. There names are slightly different so neither are seniors. I believe you are a bit confused. He was in office before Clinton. Obama never took a stand or voted on anything controversial. He even abstained on the vote to go to war. If he were a man of conviction and believed going to war was not in our national interests then he would have voted against going to war. Perhaps we should begin impeachment proceeding against Obama. He has committed fraud against the American people by giving our tax money to these mismanaged corporations. He has mismanaged the public trust. He has taken over much of the American banking system and is in the process of taking over most of the U.S. auto industry. And speaking of stealing elections. Should we count dead people who vote? Just curious. There seemed to be a lot of very devoted democrats who came back from the dead to vote for Obama.:roll: Obama has associated himself with known terrorists. That should be sufficient to start impeachment proceedings.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:41 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
I don't recommend getting your authority without having current driving experience, I mentioned it as an option. I don't think it is a good idea for most people to get a CDL and immediately go out and get a truck and their authority. Most who do this without any experience do not make it. I don't recall any who are on the forum who have done this and are still in business. This is a tough business, even when the economy is doing well. It is much more difficult to deal with when we are in a depressed economy. Even those of us with many years experience are having difficulty. The failure rate is high, but some do make it.
My dad got his CDL last year and had no previous experience. He promptly bought a $50,000 truck and trailer and got his authority. He is still in business and has almost made the one year mark. This is in a down economy. The hardest thing was finding an insurance co to cover him. He had progressive and recently found a cheaper company ($6500) for the second year. He can take loads when he wants, he doesn't factor anymore, he found a good load planner so he no longer has to worry about finding loads, he hauls a dedicated load from KY to CT nearly every Monday or Tuesday. He's always been paid for every load. His truck broke down once and needed a new fan clutch. He roasted a few old tires on his trailer when a brake line came off. He's had a few flats. Other than that no problems whatsoever. He's been pulled over for inspection a few times and never had to pay a fine.

If he can do it be home every weekend and make money I'm sure anyone can. Why work for someone else when you can do it yourself and make more money?
Old 05-29-2009, 04:18 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I am glad things have worked out for your dad, charged. Unfortunately, he is the exception. I wish that wasn't the case. Where most people get into trouble is not having enough capital to make a major repair such as a transmission or engine. If you get your authority and everything goes well then that is great. However, things don't always go as planned in life. I have had several former owners over the years who have driven trucks for me. All of them lost their equipment after they had a major breakdown. With most it was related to the engine. Look, I don't want to discourage anyone from getting their authority. Frankly, I think that is the best way to go in this business if you can afford it. If you have no driving experience or have never owned a truck then you will go through a learning curve. If you are lucky and have enough money then you can survive the learning experience. There have been instances where some have started on a shoe string and made it. I just feel that it is better to be honest with those starting out as to what to expect. If you don't plan for the worst then you are one breakdown from being out of business.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:17 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
I am glad things have worked out for your dad, charged. Unfortunately, he is the exception. I wish that wasn't the case. Where most people get into trouble is not having enough capital to make a major repair such as a transmission or engine. If you get your authority and everything goes well then that is great. However, things don't always go as planned in life. I have had several former owners over the years who have driven trucks for me. All of them lost their equipment after they had a major breakdown. With most it was related to the engine. Look, I don't want to discourage anyone from getting their authority. Frankly, I think that is the best way to go in this business if you can afford it. If you have no driving experience or have never owned a truck then you will go through a learning curve. If you are lucky and have enough money then you can survive the learning experience. There have been instances where some have started on a shoe string and made it. I just feel that it is better to be honest with those starting out as to what to expect. If you don't plan for the worst then you are one breakdown from being out of business.
Most can't go out and buy $200000 of equipment and hope to make the payments and pay for breakdowns and take what people are paying for freight right now. If you're reasonable about your equipment, lucky as far as how many breakdowns you have and make a good rate then you're golden. I think dads truck and trailer will be paid for next year. Insurance is cheaper this year and will be cheaper next year.
He drives a 2003 international 9400i eagle automatic with a I think a 430 hp c-15 cat but could be 475hp. His tractor is ugly with steel wheels and no fairings but it has hauled everything he's needed it to. He has a used all aluminum 48' spread axle trailer with one of those air weight things on it (never been overweight).

Last edited by charged; 05-29-2009 at 12:20 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:26 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Don't you be ungrateful, we the taxpayers now own a stake in government motors, chrysler and the financiall industry, fanny mae and freddy mac and countless other business soon to be nationalized.

You go Barry, soon we can bend over to our new master, the Chicoms.........