User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2009, 03:37 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Or sliced bread for that matter. I like my bread in one big hunk so I can eat it like an apple.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:07 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd112488 View Post
i don't see what is so great about velcro??
just for your information, you don't put a question mark, or multiple, at the end of a statement.

find a kickass velcro product and i bet vince offer can sell that stuff faster than hotcakes.

Last edited by Syncrosonix; 05-06-2009 at 06:56 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:08 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulRacer View Post
Oh, I definitely was not LOOKING to become a lease operator..that is what their website shows as the "next step" after getting your CDL..I was just wondering if that was the way it was supposed to work and how much crap you'd put yourself into by going that route. I have no interest at all in being a lease operator OR an o/o. I just want to learn to drive and make some money without having any possibility of being stuck in a situation that I don't want. I assume Prime does have company drivers, but they certainly did not make it appear as if that was the path they preferred for their school grads.
I am looking into an independent school, but like the idea of company paid training..less money up front for me.

Becoming an owner operator or lease operator is not what most can or should do starting out. There is nothing wrong with becoming an owner operator, but it would be best to wait until you gain at least a couple of years experience and save a good amount of cash for a nest egg and for emergencies. From the lease programs that I have seen they are not worth the money that you pay out and certainly not worth the risk. Like any business, you first need to learn as much as you can prior to spending money. There are a handful of people who have started out with little or no experience and made things work. Those are in the minority. There are two things which cause most to fail in business, lack of experience and lack of capital. Most people seem to want to own their own business. Few are willing to do the ground work to learn what they need to know and to save for contingencies.

We learn through the experience of others or through our own experiences. It is much less costly learn from others. Once you get at least a couple of years experience behind you then you will have a little better understanding of what it takes to be successful in this business. It is still different when you are the one who is responsible for paying the bills.

I would stay away from any carrier who tries to push you into a lease purchase. The failure rate is extremely high. Take your time and don't rush into anything. When we get in a hurry we tend to make mistakes. You can always buy a truck. It will be much easier to buy and get financing when once you have at least a couple of years experience behind you. Requirements for entry has tightened with many carriers. I suggest you plan on staying with your first carrier for at least a year. Two or more would be much better. Job hoppers are beginning to find it more difficult to find driving jobs. The longer you stay with a carrier and the better you do your job will help you find the better paying jobs.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:41 PM
Senior Board Member

At Dart for instance...if your logs dont match the satellite you get 'zero' settlement.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:21 PM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member

The Triple Crown:

Rent to Own furniture
Buy here pay here cars
Lease Operator

If you cant pay cash or finance at a low reasonable rate then do without. Unless you like paying 2-3 times the item's value and still have nothing to show for it.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Old 05-09-2009, 11:28 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman7 View Post
The Triple Crown:

Rent to Own furniture
Buy here pay here cars
Lease Operator

If you cant pay cash or finance at a low reasonable rate then do without. Unless you like paying 2-3 times the item's value and still have nothing to show for it.
Awwww, cmon....why won't anybody lie to the guy...I've been thinking about snapping up a bunch of repo's and finding suckers....errr, I mean "drivers"/"BUSINESS OWNERS" to lease them and pay all the bills and eat **** every day....while the economy is in the toilet.... but when they are finished...the trucks will be mine free and clear....and it won't cost me a damned penny....:smokin:

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.