User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2009, 01:22 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
In answer to your original question....simply put: Some companies just SUCK! There are a number of them that fall into the group. But there are good ones out there.

One of the hardest things for new people to do is conform to the requirements. You are told when are where to be and how long you have to get there. Some people mistakenly think that they are in charge of the truck. In a few ways the driver is, but you have to do it on their terms. There are a significant number of people working in this industry, drivers, dispatchers, fleet managers, warehouse people, and others that seem to be psychologically unfit to do much more than live in a cave....and prove it on a daily basis. This is one industry where you can be fat, stupid, ugly and prove it daily and still get hired, and probably even keep your job. Let me repeat this one salient fact: Many people in this industry are fat, stupid, and ugly, and work very hard to prove it every day.

On the other hand, if you can get on with a reasonably good company, and get trained properly, and have a modicum of smarts, common sense, and self discipline.... and can stand to be away from home a couple of weeks at a time.... You might actually manage to cut it. Forget the notion that driving a truck is "romantic"...or that truck drivers are "the last cowboys"....thats all pure "bull****", pure and simple. Its a job, a means to make money, and thats all.

I've been doing it for 15 years, and have found my company and my niche. I'm content, and I get good home time, and I actually can and do run 100% legal and don't worry about much of anything....

Oh, there are also some very good and intelligent people working in the industry, some of them even post on this site..... :smokin:

:tears::tears::tears::tears::tears:
*sob* *sob* WAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

:angryblue::angryblue::angryblue::angryblue:
Rob! You went and ruined it for me!! I no longer have any romance in my life!! :tears::tears::tears::tears::tears:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: :clap::clap:
Old 03-21-2009, 04:43 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
:tears::tears::tears::tears::tears:
*sob* *sob* WAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

:angryblue::angryblue::angryblue::angryblue:
Rob! You went and ruined it for me!! I no longer have any romance in my life!! :tears::tears::tears::tears::tears:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: :clap::clap:
Stan, I apologize.....:bow: I didn't realize what I said was going to upset you so much.....:hellno: Just do a Willy Nelson marathon and it'll all get better!

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 03-21-2009, 04:56 PM
Senior Board Member

Snowman just want to say that is a great post. One of the best i have read on here.:thumbsup:

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 03-21-2009, 09:26 PM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member

Thanks Mackman and everyone else. I was just babbling away there and I figured I would get flamed by someone. I never figured so many people would get what I was saying.

To Gula: What I posted is the ugly side to trucking and it's what drives so many away. That being said there are many of us who have found a way to get by in this business with some degree of happiness. Others are stuck in it and can't do anything else.

Just keep in mind there is no C. W. McCall's "Convoy", no BJ and the Bear, and no Smokey and the Bandit. It's just a JOB! And it can be a suckass JOB! And just like any other JOB you can have real dickhead for a boss! Or work for a scumbag ruthless company! Come on people spell it with me! JOB, ...J...O...B..., JOB!:rofl:
Old 03-21-2009, 09:36 PM
Rookie
Angry What's wrong with trucking?

I can tell you that most all the trucking companies are looking out for the company, not the driver. The company I am with,now just decided that we, the drivers, would have to take a cut in pay in order for the company to survive. I would normally believe it in these bad economy times, but when you see the company buy new pickup truck for a supervisor to drive to work, I realize that we have been lied to and it stinks. I have been looking for a better local driving job, but they are extremely hard to find. In the meantime, we have to bring our own vaseline to work, cause they will screw you good. But the economy will get better at some point, and then I will be able to leave these crooks behind, hopefully, get my own truck. Wish me luck, I will need it.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:50 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nctrucker1 View Post
I can tell you that most all the trucking companies are looking out for the company, not the driver. The company I am with,now just decided that we, the drivers, would have to take a cut in pay in order for the company to survive. I would normally believe it in these bad economy times, but when you see the company buy new pickup truck for a supervisor to drive to work, I realize that we have been lied to and it stinks. I have been looking for a better local driving job, but they are extremely hard to find. In the meantime, we have to bring our own vaseline to work, cause they will screw you good. But the economy will get better at some point, and then I will be able to leave these crooks behind, hopefully, get my own truck. Wish me luck, I will need it.

have you tried looking into england or prime's lease-purchase option? i know they're looking for some su...i mean, good people to jump on it.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:58 PM
BANNED
Rookie

You say you have no game, thats the problem, it is a game, a game of life on companys that use you as a expendable comodity, we need get another live body in to that truck because it don't make money sitting in the parking lot.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:16 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nctrucker1 View Post
Maybe its you!!!
Old 03-23-2009, 06:51 PM
Senior Board Member

In general, I think people just want to get too much out of life.

I say just set your sights low for awhile, then scope out things that begin to look appealing and go for it.
I'm going to stay committed towards getting back into driving only due to the fact that I know I won't last much longer doing the school thing.
Many students around here are pushing 4-6 classes a week, I tried that when I first gave college a try, and that bored me much more than a quiet trip across the 80 ever did.

I strive for the simple things, I'd much rather get the 2bdrm house with the 650 dual-sport, than the mansion with the Escalade.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:44 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentstrider View Post
In general, I think people just want to get too much out of life.

I say just set your sights low for awhile, then scope out things that begin to look appealing and go for it.
I'm going to stay committed towards getting back into driving only due to the fact that I know I won't last much longer doing the school thing.
Many students around here are pushing 4-6 classes a week, I tried that when I first gave college a try, and that bored me much more than a quiet trip across the 80 ever did.

I strive for the simple things, I'd much rather get the 2bdrm house with the 650 dual-sport, than the mansion with the Escalade.

WOW , what a depressing post! Seriously, are you okay? Not trying to be a dick or anything, but maybe you should see about some sort of deppresion meds.

Arguing on the C.B. is kinda like running in the Special Olympics, 'cause even if you win your still retarted.