Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2009, 03:04 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default JB Hunt must have hired some Swift drivers

hey wait..i'm a swift driver...

but anyways, bumped a dock in Laredo, and had two JB Hunt drivers park on either side of me. I pulled up and pulled around to avoid blindsiding. These two, both young black americans who look fresh out of high school (cause they wear their baggy pants, 5x oversize NBA jersey and flat billed baseball caps) both deicde to blindside, first one almost hitting me, then after he disconnects from the trailer, hears this 'hiss' and then looks back into his truck with the look on his face like, "i know i forgot something", i should have told him he left his TPV valve pushed in. HAHAHAAHH The 2nd.....made me do a double take. I thought he might have a passenger in the right seat. IT WAS THE DRIVER GETTING OUT OF THE DRIVERS SEAT WHILE BACKING, TO LOOK OUT THE PASSENGER SIDE WINDOW !!!!!!!! WTF !!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Kevin0915; 03-09-2009 at 03:06 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:12 PM
Board Regular

i wear jerserys and hats backwards all the time and i am 34 years old. and i am not to sure what there color has to do with the fact that they blindsided. if you were are true professional you would have helped these "young kids" instead of grabbing your laptop to criticize them. you sound a bit racist to me and do not like people that may act, dress, or behave ina way that you find undesirable.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin0915 View Post
hey wait..i'm a swift driver...

but anyways, bumped a dock in Laredo, and had two JB Hunt drivers park on either side of me. I pulled up and pulled around to avoid blindsiding. These two, both young black americans who look fresh out of high school (cause they wear their baggy pants, 5x oversize NBA jersey and flat billed baseball caps) both deicde to blindside, first one almost hitting me, then after he disconnects from the trailer, hears this 'hiss' and then looks back into his truck with the look on his face like, "i know i forgot something", i should have told him he left his TPV valve pushed in. HAHAHAAHH The 2nd.....made me do a double take. I thought he might have a passenger in the right seat. IT WAS THE DRIVER GETTING OUT OF THE DRIVERS SEAT WHILE BACKING, TO LOOK OUT THE PASSENGER SIDE WINDOW !!!!!!!! WTF !!!!!!!!!!

Yep that is just the image we need out here on the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd112488 View Post
i wear jerserys and hats backwards all the time and i am 34 years old. and i am not to sure what there color has to do with the fact that they blindsided. if you were are true professional you would have helped these "young kids" instead of grabbing your laptop to criticize them. you sound a bit racist to me and do not like people that may act, dress, or behave ina way that you find undesirable.
And on that note I would say grow up. Help yea more like maybe suggest they get out of the driving profession. If they do not have enough common sense to not get out of the drivers seat while backing.

Old 03-09-2009, 06:29 PM
Board Regular

see i must think just the opposite. if you judge me based on my looks then you will be suprised to actually find the real me. i think the people we need out are those like you two that are quick to judge but not willing to help. shame on you for being so proffesional that you could not help what you consider to be an inexperienced newbie. but you show your ignorance when all you can see is the way one is dressed or the color of someones skin.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:40 PM
Board Regular

Come on people.This country is full of stereotypes and BS so why not we help each other out?Im 25 and i can say i had my share on learning stuff(some the easy way ,some the hard way), but i always was out with attitude for learning.Heck, we all learn something new everyday.By doing this, i believe we can make this trucking environment better,instead of BSing over the cb or just being indifferent.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:53 PM

why didnt you help them blindside in? or were you too busy ironing your white hood? heh
Old 03-09-2009, 07:58 PM
Senior Board Member

I am by far a racist. I would have made the post if they were latino, white, indian, whatever. Help them blindside? I might have, but one JBH driver helped the other, so the help was already there. But why did they blindside in the first place? why not just pull down the road 100 yards and turn around? You only blindside when there is NO OTHER WAY to sightside, yeah?? Why did one driver physically get out of his seat to stand up, while the truck was in motion, holding onto one hand on the wheel to look out the passenger window....and i'm not talkin for just a split second. Think we had this conversation before, about getting help from other drivers. Who do you think they were going to listen to for help? A 'craka' white boy swift driver, or another fellow JB Hunt who happened to be a 'brotha'. why did 90% of african-american's vote for Obama? Why does Rice play Texas? (oh wait, that was a JFK speech)

besides, not that this was a reason, but you know how many fellow drivers have helped me back up, sight or blindside?? Not to mention, i dont care if i ever had help to back up....if i still bump into something, its still my fault....but my azz is going to get out and look from time to time....not be unsafe and stand up with the truck in gear and rolling backwards to look out my passenger side window.....how dumb is that.

Last edited by Kevin0915; 03-09-2009 at 08:11 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:15 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
see i must think just the opposite. if you judge me based on my looks then you will be suprised to actually find the real me. i think the people we need out are those like you two that are quick to judge but not willing to help. shame on you for being so proffesional that you could not help what you consider to be an inexperienced newbie. but you show your ignorance when all you can see is the way one is dressed or the color of someones skin.
i know i'm not the best looking truck driver out there, but i know i'm not the ugliest either. I've gone thru my whole life being judged for my looks, and finally came to realize a few years ago, i really dont give a #$%@ anymore. help an inexperienced newbie? i AM an inexperienced newbie.......wtf. HAHAHAHA
Old 03-09-2009, 08:48 PM
Board Regular

why not help these guys. and why make it a point in your story to point out there skin color...because you are a racist...plain and simple!!!
Old 03-09-2009, 08:54 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
why not help these guys. and why make it a point in your story to point out there skin color...because you are a racist...plain and simple!!!
no...it was just a fact. again, you read into a post only what you want to. i would have made the post regardless what nationality they were...or heck even if they were both female. but then again, to argue with you or set your fact straight, is pointless. Kinda like arguing with a brat kid in a candy store
Closed Thread