User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2013, 08:43 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default new student needs a little help

I am studying for the California HazMat endorsement test. I have a few questions that I can’t find the answers to in the manual. I was wondering if anyone could help me with these questions. I was also wondering how many questions are on the California HazMat endorsement test and how many you are allowed to miss. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Which of the following statements about Radioactive labels is true?
A- Yellow III indicates the highest level of radioactivity
B- Yellow II indicates the highest level of radioactivity
C- White I indicates the highest level of radioactivity
D- Black III indicates the highest level of radioactivity

The shipper must attach a diamond-shaped label to hazardous materials by?
A- Putting a label on the package
B- Putting a label on a tag attached to the product
C- Putting a label on the product
D- Any one of the above

The product ID markings on a tank must be?
A- Black 4” numbers on orange panels
B- Orange 4” numbers on black panels
C- Green 4” numbers on white panels
D- White 4” numbers on orange panels

At what time is it required for the driver to have an approved gas mask on hand?
A- Any vehicle carrying an inhalation hazard cargo
B- Any vehicle carrying chlorine
C- Any vehicle carrying toxic materials
D- All of the above

The driver must also carry on his person at all times a dated certificate signed by the employer. This certificate must also be updated every?
A- 4 years
B- 3 years
C- 2 years
D- 1 year

Which of the following is the proper definition of a cargo tank?
A- A bulk container not permanently attached to a vehicle
B- A bulk container permanently attached to a vehicle
C- Both choices A & B
D- None of the above

A driver that hauls hazardous materials must attend training every?
A- 3 years
B- 2 years
C- 1 year
D- None of the above

When hauling explosives 1.1 & 1.3 which placard do you use?
A- Explosives 1.3
B- Explosives 1.1
C- Dangerous
D- Both A and C

When a spill occurs of an “RQ” (Reportable Quantity) substance the carrier has within ____ to report the spill?
A- 1 week
B- 2 weeks
C- 15 days
D- 60 days

Of the following hazardous materials classes which is the most dangerous?
A- Division 6.1
B- Division 6.2
C- Division 6.3
D- Division 6.4

A placard is required for a combustible liquid at?
A- 110 gallons
B- 100 gallons
C- More than 110 gallons
D- Any amount

A vehicle contains 500 pounds each of Explosives A and B, you must use?
A- “Dangerous” placards
B- “Explosives A” placards
C- “Blasting Agents” placards
D- None of the above
Old 01-07-2013, 02:21 AM
Board Regular

This is the whole test? Did you check online for any help? In our Missouri CDL book we have all the HAZMAT test answers it's not easy but you can do it, read and check online.
These are things that when you pass your HAZMAT you will always have to know and remember. In Missouri you can only miss like a couple it's not very many!
Old 01-07-2013, 03:00 AM
Rookie

Let me update what I was asking.

I am studying for the California HazMat endorsement test. I have a few questions that I can’t find the answers to in the manual. I was wondering if anyone could help me with these questions. I was also wondering how many questions are on the California HazMat endorsement test and how many you are allowed to miss. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. I just want to make sure that I found the correct answers in the manual. Thanks in advance.

Which of the following statements about Radioactive labels is true?

A- Yellow III indicates the highest level of radioactivity
B- Yellow II indicates the highest level of radioactivity
C- White I indicates the highest level of radioactivity
D- Black III indicates the highest level of radioactivity

Answer: A

The shipper must attach a diamond-shaped label to hazardous materials by?

A- Putting a label on the package
B- Putting a label on a tag attached to the product
C- Putting a label on the product
D- Any one of the above

Answer: D

The product ID markings on a tank must be?

A- Black 4” numbers on orange panels
B- Orange 4” numbers on black panels
C- Green 4” numbers on white panels
D- White 4” numbers on orange panels

At what time is it required for the driver to have an approved gas mask on hand?

A- Any vehicle carrying an inhalation hazard cargo
B- Any vehicle carrying chlorine
C- Any vehicle carrying toxic materials
D- All of the above

Answer: B (A truck driver friend of mine said the answer was “D” but all I found in the manual was answer B)

The driver must also carry on his person at all times a dated certificate signed by the employer. This certificate must also be updated every?

A- 4 years
B- 3 years
C- 2 years
D- 1 year

Answer: C

Which of the following is the proper definition of a cargo tank?

A- A bulk container not permanently attached to a vehicle
B- A bulk container permanently attached to a vehicle
C- Both choices A & B
D- None of the above

Answer: B (In the manual under the definition of a cargo tank it says the answer is both A & B)

A driver that hauls hazardous materials must attend training every?

A- 3 years
B- 2 years
C- 1 year
D- None of the above

Answer: A & B (I’ve seen online that the answer is B but the manual says repeated training every 3 years)

When hauling explosives 1.1 & 1.3 which placard do you use?

A- Explosives 1.3
B- Explosives 1.1
C- Dangerous
D- Both A and C

Answer: B (My truck driver friend said you could use any of these choices because they all apply)

When a spill occurs of an “RQ” (Reportable Quantity) substance the carrier has within ____ to report the spill?

A- 1 week
B- 2 weeks
C- 15 days
D- 60 days

Answer: C (In the manual it says 30 days to file a report but nothing else)

Of the following hazardous materials classes which is the most dangerous?

A- Division 6.1
B- Division 6.2
C- Division 6.3
D- Division 6.4

A placard is required for a combustible liquid at?

A- 110 gallons
B- 100 gallons
C- More than 110 gallons
D- Any amount

Answer: C

A vehicle contains 500 pounds each of Explosives A and B, you must use?

A- “Dangerous” placards
B- “Explosives A” placards
C- “Blasting Agents” placards
D- None of the above

Answer: B
Old 01-13-2013, 05:17 AM
Rookie

there are 35 questions for haz-mat test..use can miss 6 questions and still pass
Old 01-23-2013, 09:39 PM
Rookie

I just took mine yesterday, 30 questions and no more then 5 wrong. It also had a big fat warning label that said you could not copy or record questions from the kiosk. I had to leave my iPhone with the DMV employee. Not that I am bragging, OK, just a little, I got 29 out of 30 right. All I could do was look down on the "little people" cause I was in the clouds. LOL. Good Luck Driver!
Old 01-24-2013, 11:56 PM
Board Icon

Okay... NOW I'm worried! people hauling hazmat can miss 5 questions? Sorry.... that's just not good enough!
Old 01-25-2013, 02:32 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
Okay... NOW I'm worried! people hauling hazmat can miss 5 questions? Sorry.... that's just not good enough!
I guess you did not read the answer above mine, they can miss 6. You must also not be aware of the MANDATORY training, that must be supplied by your employer, depending on what you are hauling. This would lead me to believe that you, at this time, or any time in the past, have never had this type of endorsement. You must remember that it is just a written test, to see if you can retain what you read from a book. You know, like when you first got your CDL Permit.

What should really concern you, or have you worried, is the company that skirts the mandatory training law, and just sends the driver out without any training whatsoever. Drive Safe.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:37 PM
Board Icon

Dana said:

Quote:
I guess you did not read the answer above mine, they can miss 6.
Ooohh. Ya caught me! I think I DID read it, but then I read yours. Guess I was having a senior moment, and all of a sudden didn't remember the 6 number. Of course, you and he must have different tests, since yours only had 30 questions... so.... I guess not EVERYONE can miss 6. According to your own "facts," 6 would fail you on your state's test.

Quote:
You must also not be aware of the MANDATORY training, that must be supplied by your employer, depending on what you are hauling.
Ehhh... wrong again Ralph. Not only have I read most of the regs pertaining to H/M... (not too thoroughly since they don't apply to me)... But, I have HAD some of that "mandatory training" because here at FedEx, we DO haul a small amount of it.

Quote:
This would lead me to believe that you, at this time, or any time in the past, have never had this type of endorsement. You must remember that it is just a written test, to see if you can retain what you read from a book. You know, like when you first got your CDL Permit.
Well... I guess you're not as stupid as your responses to me would indicate. Nope... never had one cuz I don't WANT one.

Quote:
What should really concern you, or have you worried, is the company that skirts the mandatory training law, and just sends the driver out without any training whatsoever.
Well now.... that DOES concern me. And IF your post had said something about that... THAT is what I would have responded to. But, since you just mentioned the number of incorrect answers allowed, (which makes me think there are alot of people hauling deadly stuff with only about 85% of the knowledge they need,)... THAT is what I resonded to.

Am I gonna have to explain ALL my answers/posts to you?

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:16 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
Dana said:

Ooohh. Ya caught me! I think I DID read it, but then I read yours. Guess I was having a senior moment, and all of a sudden didn't remember the 6 number. Of course, you and he must have different tests, since yours only had 30 questions... so.... I guess not EVERYONE can miss 6. According to your own "facts," 6 would fail you on your state's test.

Ehhh... wrong again Ralph. Not only have I read most of the regs pertaining to H/M... (not too thoroughly since they don't apply to me)... But, I have HAD some of that "mandatory training" because here at FedEx, we DO haul a small amount of it.

Well... I guess you're not as stupid as your responses to me would indicate. Nope... never had one cuz I don't WANT one.

Well now.... that DOES concern me. And IF your post had said something about that... THAT is what I would have responded to. But, since you just mentioned the number of incorrect answers allowed, (which makes me think there are alot of people hauling deadly stuff with only about 85% of the knowledge they need,)... THAT is what I resonded to.

Am I gonna have to explain ALL my answers/posts to you?
That's what I like about you. You do not posses the endorsement, yet you will try and tell everyone how THEY should do it and what THEY should know. You say on one side of the cheek that you know about the regs and in the same breath, say "not too thoroughly since they don't apply to me". Come back when you can at least pass the test, then you will be able to give an educated opinion, instead of pure speculation.... Do I need to explain that any deeper for you?
Old 01-25-2013, 05:31 PM
Board Icon

Dana said:

Quote:
That's what I like about you.
Apparently, you don't like anything about me.... and I am quickly losing my appreciation for you. This can go either way you want it, dude. I tried to support your answer, credit your insight, and help the O.P. (in that other thread.) I even tried to help you comprehend my response as NOT being any kind of attack on you. But, if you want it to go the other way, I ain't no Wuss.

Quote:
You do not posses the endorsement, yet you will try and tell everyone how THEY should do it and what THEY should know.
Please show me where I tried to tell anyone anything? I made a comment (intended to be humorous) that it bothers me that those drivers hauling the most dangerous materials (as if the big truck wasn't dangerous enough,) don't have to know their sheit to a 100% level. Apparently, you think being a B or C student is good enough. Let me know when you're on the road with life threatening junk... so I can stay far away from you. [BTW... I was going to congratulate you on a 99% score on the test... but, you've shot that idea down pretty successfully.]

Quote:
You say on one side of the cheek that you know about the regs and in the same breath, say "not too thoroughly since they don't apply to me".
Mix metaphors much? What I SAID was that I have read the H/M regs enough to know something about them and the mandatory training (but not enough to help the O.P.) If I ever decide to get that endorsement, I will do plenty more research. On the other hand, I've researched the HECK out of all the others, and I think I'm quite conversant in them.

Quote:
Come back when you can at least pass the test, then you will be able to give an educated opinion, instead of pure speculation....
Oh, I assure you that if I wanted to take the test I would score at least as high as you did (after preparing for it.) And again, I point out that I wasn't "speculating" on anything as far as answering the original post. BTW.... YOU haven't answered him either!

Quote:
Do I need to explain that any deeper for you?
Naw... just explain how you're gonna take that chip off your shoulder without getting your head out of your AZZ long enough to see it.

Now, mister "head in the clouds" are you gonna help the O.P with his questions... or just continue to hijack threads to show me how poor your English comprehension is?

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.