User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2013, 07:14 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Drug test question

I have a classA permit and have a question about drug testing. Will a failed drug test show up on DAC report, even though I dont have a full cdl. and if so what are the consequences. So heres my situation I enrolled into cdl school and they required a drug test so I gave them a sample, a week goes by and they tell me they couldnt test my sample so I have to go back and retest well I had taken a few hits of weed in between the first and second test now im worried im gonna fail the test does anyone know what might happen for failing a drug test in these circumstances please I need info
Old 10-08-2013, 08:31 PM
Senior Board Member

Good for the school. One less on the road. Won't show up on DAC but will on the school report.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:31 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

If you can't leave the drugs alone, you have no business in this industry. All carriers do random drug tests. Those who do drugs get caught sooner or later. I know some people at one of the larger carriers who told me that some of the new recruits do drugs over the weekend knowing that they will need to take a drug test on Monday at the beginning of orientation. It doesn't make sense. Save your money and wait until you can give up the drugs or find another career. Drugs have no place in trucking. There are more and more carriers who do hair follicle testing and that can catch any drug use for months after use.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:07 AM
Rookie

I decided to get my CDL as well so I quit smoking and started studying for my permit so I could go to school. I got my class a permit, enrolled in school and took my urinalysis for the school and failed. I stopped smoking for exactly 25 days with no intentions of ever smoking again. Now I'm wondering if this will go on my DAC report? Should I still try and get my CDL or will this haunt me forever and red flag me from employers? I have no desire to smoke weed anymore and am really looking for a career in trucking. Is there anyone out there who has encountered this same situation and/or could give me real answers and not a bunch of negative criticism that isn't going to help me. Thanks
Old 11-09-2013, 07:44 AM
Senior Board Member

weed easist one to caught out on stays in system for ages.arrived at logging site other day and drug test sheila there asked her few quiestions .she not doing me as truck driver but ,u had weed on saturday nite u b ok ,had 4 or 5 beers nite be for u be ok ,if u into meth they get u monday and no to come back friday after pay day and get u then.no use for useless ****s that take crap in our industry anyway