LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2008, 09:39 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel View Post
No such thing as a " dismissed felony case "........:roll2:
BigDiesel, what law school did you go to? 6 years ago I was accused of something I did not do, arrested on a felony charge. Never went to court and I do have the paperwork from the county courts system with a judge's signature that states that the charge was "DISMISSED without prejudice" this is the legal term meaning that I can not be charged with it again.

Yes felonies can be dismissed.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:28 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebaldeagle655 View Post
BigDiesel, what law school did you go to? 6 years ago I was accused of something I did not do, arrested on a felony charge. Never went to court and I do have the paperwork from the county courts system with a judge's signature that states that the charge was "DISMISSED without prejudice" this is the legal term meaning that I can not be charged with it again.

Yes felonies can be dismissed.
Either you are convicted of a felony or you are not..... No gray areas..... Understand..... Matlock ????
Old 12-08-2008, 12:02 AM
Board Regular

Exactly as I said! Charged, NOT CONVICTED, DISMISSED. Remember the concept that the framers of our constitution placed in that document. Innocent until PROVEN guilty! An arrest is an arrest, not a conviction and the charge can and has been dismissed.

Now, what part of THAT don't you understand? As the original poster said, the felony "case" was dismissed, not felony conviction.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Exactly as I said! Charged, NOT CONVICTED, DISMISSED. Remember the concept that the framers of our constitution placed in that document. Innocent until PROVEN guilty! An arrest is an arrest, not a conviction and the charge can and has been dismissed.

Now, what part of THAT don't you understand? As the original poster said, the felony "case" was dismissed, not felony conviction.
You have to realize that some people cannot add two and two and come up with four. Or understand that charged and convicted are two different things!!
Old 12-08-2008, 01:12 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug View Post
From what i hear Schneider is picky who they hire, if i was new looking to get some experince they would be my first choice , their training program is A+

Schneider no longer has that great training program do they?
That was the case last I heard.
I've even noticed their recruiting phone number on the back of their trailers is either blacked out or ripped off.

Adapt and overcome.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:34 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB985 View Post
You're kidding, right?

Schneider National Transportation Jobs | Truck Driving Jobs | Equipment | Truck Driver Pay | Midwest Truck Driver Pay

At con-way/CFI, they pay ALL incoming drivers with over 1 year experience 36 CPM...I'd be making 40 CPM at schneider. You know Werner's pay charts better than I do, but I've heard most drivers complain about 25-29 CPM....

How can you compare the two???:hellno:
:moon::moon::moon:

Because if memory serves correct Schneider's pay scale reads 1yr earn up to .40 cpm ...JB Hunt's reads similar ,and it requires far more driving time than 1yr to earn .40cpm on the 48 board than 1yr...I remember talking to Schneider last December ,and was offered a dedicated run with weekends off ,which was only actually 34hrs ,and was salaried at a shitty $750.00 gross and some change and the run was 2500 miles weekly ...I had over 2.5yrs exp with just 1 company and my friend that pay rate ONLY reflects a cpm of about .30 CPM ...If 1 year Schneider drivers running the 48 states are now making .40 CPM I'd be surprised b/c it does not reflect the pay rates quoted to me by recruiting or drivers a SNI .
Old 12-08-2008, 02:12 AM
BANNED

Quote:

Pay attention Perry Mason, I know this may be difficult for you......:rofl: The OP was implying that he/she was not eligible for hire from the coolie carrier due to a felony charge..... Now again pay attention.... if there is no record of a felony conviction there is no felony record.... I would bet that the OP was convicted of a lesser charge that would reflect as a misdemeanor........
Old 12-08-2008, 02:27 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel View Post
Pay attention Perry Mason, I know this may be difficult for you......:rofl: The OP was implying that he/she was not eligible for hire from the coolie carrier due to a felony charge..... Now again pay attention.... if there is no record of a felony conviction there is no felony record.... I would bet that the OP was convicted of a lesser charge that would reflect as a misdemeanor........
I wouldn't mind having some of that stuff you are smoking! He asked if anyone would hire someone with a "dismissed felony case" nowhere did he say "coolie carrier" nowhere did he say conviction. Maybe, Just maybe he actually did in fact have a case in which the charge was dismissed without a conviction. I tend to take people at their word and answer the question they ask, not something I dreamed of while on crack like you must have!!!
Old 12-08-2008, 02:27 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's View Post
Because if memory serves correct Schneider's pay scale reads 1yr earn up to .40 cpm ...JB Hunt's reads similar ,and it requires far more driving time than 1yr to earn .40cpm on the 48 board than 1yr...I remember talking to Schneider last December ,and was offered a dedicated run with weekends off ,which was only actually 34hrs ,and was salaried at a shitty $750.00 gross and some change and the run was 2500 miles weekly ...I had over 2.5yrs exp with just 1 company and my friend that pay rate ONLY reflects a cpm of about .30 CPM ...If 1 year Schneider drivers running the 48 states are now making .40 CPM I'd be surprised b/c it does not reflect the pay rates quoted to me by recruiting or drivers a SNI .
Spoke with a Schnieder recruiter before I went to Con-way. The rates I was offered were .30 per mile for a dedicated run, or .39 for OTR.

The rates are different for OTR and dedicated! :lol2:
Old 12-08-2008, 02:35 AM
BANNED

Quote:
I wouldn't mind having some of that stuff you are smoking! He asked if anyone would hire someone with a "dismissed felony case" nowhere did he say "coolie carrier" nowhere did he say conviction. Maybe, Just maybe he actually did in fact have a case in which the charge was dismissed without a conviction. I tend to take people at their word and answer the question they ask, not something I dreamed of while on crack like you must have!!!
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

You rode the short bus to school didn't you.........:rofl: