User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2008, 01:55 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

All I know is that I'd hate to be the one that would have to explain it to the boss.

Also, if the driver did the normal thing and set only the tractor brakes, it's possible that the truck only has a single-axle maxi, which means that there would only be one axle holding the weight. I dunno.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's View Post
If there is heavy wt on the tires they will have sufficient...GRIP...to hold past the breaks when pushed hard ,and will roll ,and this pic looks like a set of tires were rolled with the breaks on because the tire marks look like they were rolled under heavy resistance ,and no there would'nt be a huge pile of sand if rolled like this ...Really would'nt be a pile if they skidded either...I think the dock workers F-D...UP...unloading the tractor .
Enlighten me as to how much traction that tractor has sitting on that aluminum decked trailer?
Old 11-19-2008, 02:16 AM
Senior Board Member

Who would try to unload at a dock with that great of a difference between trailer and dock? And if reciever did insist on unloading there the bills get signed first. That tractor is drivers responsibility until someone signs for it. Sign for your stuff and you can unload it however you want.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:27 AM
Senior Board Member

Look at 7th picture down. If the trailer was backed up to the dock there would be almost a foot of difference easy. I have hauled alot of machinery and I highly doubt that tractor would have pushed the trailer 8-10' away from the dock if the brakes were set.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:33 AM
Senior Board Member

Look at 7th picture down. If the trailer was backed up to the dock there would be almost a foot of difference easy. I have hauled alot of machinery and I highly doubt that tractor would have pushed the trailer 8-10' away from the dock if the brakes were set.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:43 AM

The 8000 series JD tractors started in 1994 progressing to the 8010 series in 1998 then the 8020 series in 2002. I really doubt this has happened once prior 8+ years to this dealership.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:32 AM
Board Icon

The driver was unloading at a makeshift dock, and didn't chock his wheels?
Old 11-19-2008, 09:01 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorlee View Post
Enlighten me as to how much traction that tractor has sitting on that aluminum decked trailer?

not sure but probably enough to push that trk/trlr...If the tractor breaks were not set it's all on the driver however if tractor breaks were set I put blame on who unloaded it ...I've been pushed when loadedd by a tractor that was on loose gravel don't know about aluminum decking ...But I have no facts here I don't even know if truck/trlr were moved before the pics taken ...Now it would really suck to pull a swift and not set your breaks ,And if this was a swift flatbed I would'nt even think 2x...OUCH
Old 11-19-2008, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's View Post
not sure but probably enough to push that trk/trlr...If the tractor breaks were not set it's all on the driver however if tractor breaks were set I put blame on who unloaded it ...I've been pushed when loadedd by a tractor that was on loose gravel don't know about aluminum decking ...But I have no facts here I don't even know if truck/trlr were moved before the pics taken ...Now it would really suck to pull a swift and not set your breaks ,And if this was a swift flatbed I would'nt even think 2x...OUCH
There are some forces that need to be overcome. First angle of force would be the concrete wall that would be about a foot, with a tire that is approximately 4 feet tall. Close to equivalent to a care tire vs a curb. Next is the brake shoes on the trailer. If properly set, do not roll.

Now the tractor only weighs 23,000 lbs, the rear being heavier than the front for tractive purposes, would push the front end up over relativily easily. The front end would have approx 8-10K on it.

Now you have the truck. A TMC Peterbilt with a 53 foot step deck, with another tractor on the deck yet. I'm going to guess the truck and trailer weigh between 30-32K plus the another tractor would still have 53K on the truck and trailer. Yet the other tractor hasn't left it yet.

Now, which would be the easiest forco to overcome the 8K front end, , or the 53+k lb truck if the brakes are set? Now if the brakes aren't set, the rolling resistance of the truck is relatively low. Espcailly since it is unknown that he area where the truck parked is flat or slopped down hill.

I'm still not convinced that a 23K lbs tractor can push a 53K truck with with the brakes, set. Especailly when it's not directly pushing, like your saying. I also do know that a semi does not move when the brakes are set and pushing the bales to the front from the rear. I've either stalled out the tractor,or make the tractor spin.

Do you still have doubt? I don't know how any body still could. Trucks w/o brakes set roll relatively easy, when 3/4 ton pickups can pull them disabled.

I've hauled my fair share, and loaded too.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:17 PM
Senior Board Member

Well I do beleive that 90 degree stone wall with all that land bhind it offers sufficent wedge to possibly have the trck/trailer move b4 the wall and acerage behind it.

If Larry ,Darryl, And Darryl must insist on proving their 4X skill rather than aquire a dock that is close to level with the vehicle they are unloading/loading then they need to provide wheel chaulks so as not to rely on the mechanical breaks on trk/trlr alone ,as this is not normal unloading ,and breaks can fail ,which is more likey at a HEE HAW dock like this where they have high dollar equipment on a sketchy dock ...Oh and telling a driver you plan to 4x4 off his trailer might have hime set trk/trlr breaks,which it's the norm to set just tractor

If ths driver set his Tractor breaks only that should have been plenty ,but if he did not set tractor breaks hn it's 100% on him...

These photos offer no real evidence other than a wrecked tractor is on a TMC flatbed...Bcause it's unknown if the photos were taken without having tampered with evidence b4 photos were taken...And I don't see 1 photo of the tractor ...wonder why, is there tell tale signs these bumpkins pushed it with set breaks ?

Oh and yes a tractor certainly did easily slide my loaded ( a Cat wheel loader with forks on it) ...DRY VAN ... about 30ft packed with cubed bails of alfalfa all 78,000 lbs of truck/trailer/loaded...You just don't have enough tractor to do the same without stalling or spinnng wheels .