Old 09-16-2008, 11:16 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by belpre122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double L
What hidden agenda? :? I don't have one and check your pm's by the way.
Didn't mean anything untowards Larry. I just thought maybe you were building up to something. :wink:

Will do on PMs.
If you call trying to get a job working on trucks and yanking tanks a hidden agenda then sure. :P
Old 09-16-2008, 11:20 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mem38109
Got more info on the cameras. They say it only records when you jerk the wheel real hard or you brake real hard. My whole thing is what are the microphones for. I dont mind if they want to watch me drive thats boring but the microphone kills it for me. There is no reason why a microphone should be in the truck.
Don't you folks have any IMAGINATION?????
You got any shaving cream????
Rig up a DOOR-BELL BUZZER right next to the mic. Something that you can plug into the cig lighter socket to turn it on, and take it out when you get into the yard. You might try soldering a straightened out paper clip to one of the coil terminals... In the Navy, that made a quick "WHITE NOISE GENERATOR" that killed all other things a mic would pick up.

Old 09-16-2008, 11:20 PM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR9501
im rather confused, if your talking about restarts, why would u be logging line 3 or 4, a restart is considered line 1....i can also count on 1hand how many times i've had to do a restart just because of slow freight....but as i said, once i stop for a restart i usally log it shortly after.
Let me clarify first, I edited my post as I had stated lines 3 and 4 and edited the post to lines 1 and 2. My bad, just wanted to make sure that everyone knows that it wasn't you RR.

Maybe that is the case for you, the only occasional 34 restarts because of slow freight. All it takes it ONE TIME though my friend. ONE TIME when you are faced with the decision of what to do. Tell dispatch I am indeed intoxicated and can not operate their CMV that I have been drinking in to begin with. Or:

What happens so many times; Do it and take the chance.

See what I mean RR?

Old 09-16-2008, 11:29 PM

Maybe that is the case for you, the only occasional 34 restarts because of slow freight. All it takes it ONE TIME though my friend. ONE TIME when you are faced with the decision of what to do. Tell dispatch I am indeed intoxicated and can not operate their CMV that I have been drinking in to begin with. Or:

What happens so many times; Do it and take the chance.

See what I mean RR?[/quote]
dude, i never said anything about telling dispatch that i was drinking and cannot accept the load....i'm out of hrs, i have plenty of other excuses that i can use as well....im not stupid enuff to jeopardize my job by informing dispatch with that info....but i'm also not a drinker either so None of this even effects me...how about we find something else to talk about...lol...
Old 09-16-2008, 11:40 PM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR9501
dude, i never said anything about telling dispatch that i was drinking and cannot accept the load....i'm out of hrs, i have plenty of other excuses that i can use as well....im not stupid enuff to jeopardize my job by informing dispatch with that info....but i'm also not a drinker either so None of this even effects me...how about we find something else to talk about...lol...
And RR, remember I have said all along not to take this personal. We are just debating important issues, nothing personal or insinuated back and forth at all. Just a matter of getting it all out there. See what I mean?

I absolutely agree RR. I suggested we get out of it, yet persisted in bringing it up. Complete stain on me.

Back to the audio.video monitoring capabilities in cab?

Old 09-17-2008, 12:11 AM

lol...yea i see what you mean....ok agreed,....no i know u werent sending anything personal...and im sorry for the way i took it...i guess we all just have our own opinions about various aspects of the industry, which is fine, we're each entitled to our own opinions....and i just talked to my friend who also agrees the cab-cam is an inuvasion of privacy...and yes i see your point that it is the companys truck too...but we still have to fight because if we let them get away with this, they'll find something else to tag us with....next we'll have to ask permission to stop and pee or something.....lol
Old 09-17-2008, 06:28 PM
Senior Board Member

Where the legal issues involving this type of monitoring are concerned, as I've stated previously, those are issues to be addressed by competent lawyers.

As far is the intrusiveness is concerned, it disturbs me to a certain degree, but I also see some potential benefits.

This form of verification could serve to exhonorate drivers wrongly accused of driving offenses, or those involved in wrecks, accidents, or other problematic situations.

It could also help prevent and/or identify cased of "Rookie Abuse" by incompetent or abusive trainers.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:13 PM

the black box serves the same purpose...
Old 09-17-2008, 11:52 PM
Rookie

I didn't think the thread would go where it has. Well here is an update they are only putting the cameras in the SE Fleet as a "test". Now they say only the truck can activate the camera with me pushing the panic button, jerking the wheel, or braking to hard. Now there is a light on the device and I can tell when its recording and I do have a lens cover for the inside of the truck ie. they can only see the road not me. Bottom line I dont like it but, Marten is a damn good company and I hate to give it up.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:58 PM
Senior Board Member

Ya know, the more I thought about this, I wouldn't mind a bit if my company put a loop recording device in my truck. They could mount it somewhere in the sleeper where it'd capture both me and the road in front of me. They can embed the trucks speed, whether my lights are on or not, turn signal, etc. Then, in the event of an accident, there would be proof whether the accident was my fault or not.

Of course, it'd have to be tied in to the truck so that it'd only record while the truck is in motion, which would be easy to do - monitor the parking brake. If the brake is released, record a 30 minute endless loop.

Besides, who wants to see some nasty ass trucker walking around inside his cab. They're not going to be beaming a live web-cam all over the world for everyone to see - the bandwidth would be outragous. It'd be a hard drive or other memory storage which they could pull out and physically plug into a corporate system to pull the video.