User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2008, 03:02 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I was talking to a driver from Roehl that does regional and he said for him he only gets about 300 miles a day with dry van. Other than that he said they were OK.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:49 PM
Default When you haul a refer......

I am heading towards Central Refrigerated and I was just wondering if someone could tell me this? When you haul a refrigerated trailer, do you have to hose it out after every load? This came from a guy that drove a few years back and he said that it was a royal pain to clean the refer after every load.

I saw that Prime is using a high tech refer program to ensure that the temps are always where they need to be. Does anyone know if this is the same with Central Refrigerated?
Old 04-29-2009, 04:20 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless View Post
My Recommendation??

You can make BIG money, and I do mean MUCHO DINERO, hauling REEFERS around the country....... as long as you don't get caught!!
Heck yeah, man! You start doing that, and the money will soon start rollin in.

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 04-30-2009, 01:02 PM
Rookie

I drove reefer the past 10 months or so. I don't know much about the companies you are looking at but I do know about reefers, alittle. You will have appointments pickup/delivery. Some will let you in early if they are able but don't get mad if you are told no. I got to Dallas Tx on Sunday morning around 10 am and my appointment wasn't until Monday morning at 8 am. There was only a few trucks around so I thought great. Not, they told me to wait until Monday. But there were times I got in early. Just be nice and respectful when you ask but always ask.

Appointment times, especially delivery, are usually early morning. I had some at 2/3 am. Get use to sleeping with the reefer kicking on/off. I loved it. I don't know how companies are but I ran for an O/O and he said to find out how much they charged for lumper service and I would be paid that if I did the unloading. 90% of the time it was a good deal to me and I did it. The only times I didn't was when it may make me late for my next drop. They can unload it faster than you. Quick example. I unloaded 6 pallets of chicken at a Tyson plant in Jax Fl. I had to break them down into 10 pallets. Took about 45 min and was not hard at all. I got a little exersice and made 125.00. Oh yea, you will have multiple stops on each load most of the time as well. I liked reefer alot more than van, which I drove for 6 months or so. Good luck
Old 04-30-2009, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrigjoe66 View Post
I drove reefer the past 10 months or so. I don't know much about the companies you are looking at but I do know about reefers, alittle. You will have appointments pickup/delivery. Some will let you in early if they are able but don't get mad if you are told no. I got to Dallas Tx on Sunday morning around 10 am and my appointment wasn't until Monday morning at 8 am. There was only a few trucks around so I thought great. Not, they told me to wait until Monday. But there were times I got in early. Just be nice and respectful when you ask but always ask.

Appointment times, especially delivery, are usually early morning. I had some at 2/3 am. Get use to sleeping with the reefer kicking on/off. I loved it. I don't know how companies are but I ran for an O/O and he said to find out how much they charged for lumper service and I would be paid that if I did the unloading. 90% of the time it was a good deal to me and I did it. The only times I didn't was when it may make me late for my next drop. They can unload it faster than you. Quick example. I unloaded 6 pallets of chicken at a Tyson plant in Jax Fl. I had to break them down into 10 pallets. Took about 45 min and was not hard at all. I got a little exersice and made 125.00. Oh yea, you will have multiple stops on each load most of the time as well. I liked reefer alot more than van, which I drove for 6 months or so. Good luck
Hey Joe, did you have to hose out the refer after each load?
Old 05-01-2009, 01:18 AM
Rookie

No. Was never asked by anyone to do it or had it been done. My employer told me if I needed it done to go to a truck wash and let them do it and he would pay. I did have to sweep it out one time in Ky before the guy would load me though. I swept it out on my hometime and left doors open to air it out.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford390pwr View Post
Hey Joe, did you have to hose out the refer after each load?
The company I work for makes you clean out the trailer before and after every load.

Half the time I do it, the other half someone else does it :lol:

Its not that hard, takes 10 min tops. And If you do it everytime, it stays that much cleaner :thumbsup:
Old 05-05-2009, 11:03 AM
Rookie

I swept it out a lot but not everytime. I did clean it out everytime, I hated the pieces of pallet between the grooves in the floor. Some were wedged in pretty tight.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:08 AM
Rookie

Hey --grande-- I see your rice haters truck but I had a Yamaha motorcycle that was made in America as well as a Nissan Altima that was made in Alabama. I had a Chevy Avalanche that was made in Mexico. So now a days you cant tell where stuff comes from anymore.