User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2008, 07:29 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

chill out truckermandude, he was answering my question

i really don't know why people do drugs, i've never done them nor wanted to and always wondered why i was how i was. your post intrigued me simply because at times i think i have low self esteem, but still as much as i can beat myself up over choices i've made in my life, i've never thought about drugs. i have a distant cousin who is/was addicted to crack cocaine, and from looking at her, you would never know she had any self esteem issues. she was popular all throughout school, always had everything given to her and still ended up addicted.

i always thought doing drugs was more of an escape issue, a way of dealing with the pain you feel as a result of a bad situation you find yourself in. now that they say alcoholism is a genetic issue and not a choice, i have a hard time with that.

i don't understand either oranguy, i think the drugs and the consequences are far worse than any positive (for lack of a better word) that they bring.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:48 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckermandude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by vavega
that's an interesting statement oranguy. is that the reason you think people take drugs :?: and would you care to expand?

not looking for an argument, it's just that i've never heard that being a reason/excuse before!

Yeah...I do feel the "Esteem" issue is a huge part of why people do drugs.

Do you feel differently?

I've never done drugs..never even wanted drugs.

I drank once...a woman don't you know...then this really "wise" man...all of like 17 month's old..He cured me...My nephew Jeremiah just wondered why I felt too shitty one day...He only asked..."Why?"....That cured me...no more self pity...put the cap back on the bottle..and only have a drink now with friends over dinner....and it's been this way for 25 years.

VeVega...If there is another purpose behind drug use...clue me in.

I really have a hard time looking at some of these "Meth" fiends and understanding why they do it.

Wow people use drugs because they have low self esteem! I didnt know that. I didnt know I had a low self esteem, thanks for telling me what is wrong with me now I can seek medical attention and tell them I have pinpointed exactly what is wrong with me. I had a low self esteem.

I could have wagered everything I owe and everything I will ever earn on the fact that I would get at least one reply from someone like you.
So you have never had a reason to do drugs? So what? Neither did I.
I just did it because I wanted to try it. I liked it and kept doing it. THATS IT! Theres nothing else to it. No low self esteem, no peer pressure, not because ma and pa split up, not because of my environment, not because my best friend died. Just curiosity. But nooooo, to people like you it has to be low self esteem.
I had a very simple question that I needed an answer to. Very, very, simple. I never asked if anyone out there ever had to worry about taking a drug test. I find it pathetic that you have to come on to a trucking message board to try to put others down and make yourself feel like your better than anyone who has ever tried a drug. You may not be a drug user, or a former drug user, but you sir are something that rhymes with "glass flow". I can quit smoking weed, but you can never quit your character of being a "glass flow".
You may be a weed smoker and be able to pass a drug test, but you have proven yourself to be something worse already. Your not perfect yourself. Who knows, you probably cheat on your wife or girlfriend, you have homosexual thoughts, you neglect your children, you steal, your a compulsive liar, your heart holds racism, you take the lords name in vain, you drive past your hours allowed. There are a billion and one things a person can do that are worse than smoking a joint.
Thanks for nothing Orange, you never answered my question. Or maybe it was that you couldnt comprehend it. In which case besides being a "glass flow" you also have a lack of comprehension that needs to be looked into.
And who the heck said anything about METH????? WHO? I missed that one?
You seriously cannot compare a meth head to someone who once in a while smokes a J.
Thats not even the same ball park, not even the same sport, not the same state, not the same country, not the same planet, not the same galaxy. Those two are just too unfit for comparison.
So truckernotmuchofarealmandude, how low is your self esteem really? You dive head first into that argument throwing accusations of racism, homosexuality, child abuse, etc.. just because orange correctly stated one of the main reasons that people try drugs?
Get a life, get a clue, get a real job, get off my planet. LOSER.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:32 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
I had a very simple question that I needed an answer to. Very, very, simple. I never asked if anyone out there ever had to worry about taking a drug test. I find it pathetic that you have to come on to a trucking message board to try to put others down and make yourself feel like your better than anyone who has ever tried a drug. You may not be a drug user, or a former drug user, but you sir are something that rhymes with "glass flow". I can quit smoking weed, but you can never quit your character of being a "glass flow".
You may be a weed smoker and be able to pass a drug test, but you have proven yourself to be something worse already. Your not perfect yourself. Who knows, you probably cheat on your wife or girlfriend, you have homosexual thoughts, you neglect your children, you steal, your a compulsive liar, your heart holds racism, you take the lords name in vain, you drive past your hours allowed. There are a billion and one things a person can do that are worse than smoking a joint.Thanks for nothing Orange, you never answered my question. Or maybe it was that you couldnt comprehend it. In which case besides being a "glass flow" you also have a lack of comprehension that needs to be looked into.
And who the heck said anything about METH????? WHO? I missed that one?
You seriously cannot compare a meth head to someone who once in a while smokes a J.
Thats not even the same ball park, not even the same sport, not the same state, not the same country, not the same planet, not the same galaxy. Those two are just too unfit for comparison.

Great rant Dude.

So my stance on drug use and drug testing offends you?

BFD as the saying goes. You come onto a trucking board concerned about having your hair tested, proclaiming yourself drug free.

If you were so drug free...why the concern?

If you actually were drug free...you would not need to ask the question now would you....and of course...Since you do have to be concerned......where better to ask the question than on an Internet forum, where truck drivers discuss the various topics "WE" deal with.

That statement says the majority of it.
Quote:
I can quit smoking weed, but you can never quit your character of being a "glass flow

Yes...I am an azzhole when it comes to drugs. I drive because I enjoy driving. It isn't the last hope of my life, for a chance at a decent living. But you really should know...I am a "Perfect" azzhole...I had my hemroids removed years ago! I'm not a "weedsmoker" able to pass a test, I am a non-user, who has zero concern on passing any test ever.

As for smoking a "Joint"...are they really like potato chips? Can you "only" smoke just one?

If you drive truck for a living and choose to smoke a joint....that is your business....but when you get fired for doing so..or worse...thrown in jail because you had it in your system when you had an accident...don't cry and complain...especially here.

I've never been married nor do I currently have a Girlfriend..though I am seriously attempting to change that status. Time will tell on that.

As far as children...No kids here...but......I support children. They are our greatest hope. So.......I helped support all of my nieces and nephews as they grew up. None of them ever did without, because I was willing to do without for them.
I would be a wealthy man had I been selfish when I was young. I wasn't ...........so I'm not.

I give freely to families that truly need the assistance. Usually those families are in need, because of medical issues concerning a child. I give to various organizations, such as Ronald McDonald House and St Judes Hospital, to Jerry Lewis's MDA and to the Shriner's.

What do you do?

On the entire "Homosexual" thoughts deal... I don't think a lot about it. I'm not attracted to men...but I'm not going to degrade someone else whom may have that urge. "It's none of my business".

As for when I am walking down the street..a young woman with a shapely butock arrangement is worth enjoying. I have made the comment on this forum before that "Floored" has a nice tush. Nice "Tushes" are a pleasing and enjoy able sight. If the rest of the woman is just as pleasing to see....all the better.

As for comparing "Meth"heads to someone whom smokes pot...just where exactly do you suppose they started? You think they started with highgrade cocain or heroine?

Get real stud.

If you have to be concerned with passing a drug test in order to drive a truck for a living....do what a couple of the other members here are going to tell you to do...go flip burgers....just don't do it near me.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:39 PM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member

Trucker-man-dude. :roll:

Don't mess with the big orange guy! You've been warned. :wink:
Old 08-31-2008, 01:09 AM
Rookie

Im sorry about the typo up there, I know your not a smoker and never have been. It was a typing mistake that was all. I think you knew what I meant but you still chose to point that out. Ok.
The reason im so concerned about a hair sample is like I said before; some hair samples can be tested for drugs as far back as 3 years. I am seriously starting to beleive that some of you gentlemen out there really do lack comprhension skills.
Marijuana is something of my past, im sure you guys out there have all picked up a habit that wasnt productive or beneficial to yourself at one point in your life or another. The difference is that sometimes it really gets a hold of people and people are too weak to realize it.
No its not anything like "chips" where you just cant have one. Movies and songs always exageratte the stuff, and make it seem like a smoker's life revolves around the next smoking session.
As far as weed being a gateway drug, that is just nonsense and it is deeply irresponsible for one to assume that a person who occasionally takes a hit off a joint is only heading down a future of every kind of drug use and addiction.
As far as me using the examples of child neglect, marriage affairs, and homosexuality to highlight the fact that no one person is perfect is just that; EXAMPLES. Period.
I was not making accusations, I was only trying to make a point about the imperfections of human nature.
Your stance on drug use never offended me, in fact I feel the same way about it. I wouldnt want my roads and highways full of drivers pulling 80,000 pounds while they are doing ANY drugs. Alchohol is legal and look at how many innocent people are killed by that alone. I cant even begin to fathom how high that toll would go if marijuana some day became legal.
If anyone took offense to any of my posts to this thread its your own fault. If I really still was a drug user I would have asked if there was any possibility of me beating a drug test, or sneaking in someone elses urine. But im not, all I asked about was a hair sample and i've made myself clear why a hair sample might disqualify me.
I personally know a doctor, a couple paramedics, an optometrist, city electricians, even a few local truck drivers who use marijuana and still pass their drug tests. They have their methods of doing so of course.
Its not to say its ok for them to do it and still do their job, but they do it.

As for Jay B. I have a life, and I have a clue. Shoot I probably have a better understanding of things than you do.

And Snowman7. I've been warned?? What the hell does that mean?
Your gonna ban me? Report me? For what exactly?
Jump in on the conversation if you want. Even Orangetxguy isnt getting all sensitive the way you are. If your gonna report me or ban me just do it. Dont warn me, dont threaten me, just do it. Aint nothing to it but to do it.
Its sad if one can get banned from this website for nothing. All of this is just conversation/discussion/debate whatever you wanna call it.
If you dont like it stay away from this thread. SIMPLE!
Ban me and i'll just make another account with another email. Ban the IP adress, theres 4 computers in the house. Ban the connection I just use my neighbors wireless signal. Grow up and grow a pair.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:36 AM
Senior Board Member

The way a hair sample works is this.

It effects the hair AT the root AT the time the drug is used.

This is BELOW the scalp AT THAT TIME. And it's a very small segment of the strand of hair...

To get a positive AT THIS POINT they would have to test it ALL THE WAY TO THE ROOT (which they do)

This one time drug use will show a positive ONLY until THAT SMALL SEGMENT OF HAIR (which will grow out) HAS BEEN CUT AWAY....

Whether it be 30 days, 90 days, or if you decide to let your hair grow down to your azz and it takes 5 years IT WILL STILL SHOW A POSITIVE.

AND THEN....they always have other body hair to sample. BUT, first choice for a standard employment test will be HAIR FROM YOUR HEAD...UNLESS YOU GIVE PERMISSION OTHERWISE.

But, a guy walks in with a shaved head and also REFUSES to allow body hair from another part of his body to be sampled will more than likely also be refused a job.

Best bet....don't do the drugs.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:40 AM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member

Quote:

And Snowman7. I've been warned?? What the hell does that mean?
Your gonna ban me? Report me? For what exactly?
Jump in on the conversation if you want. Even Orangetxguy isnt getting all sensitive the way you are. If your gonna report me or ban me just do it. Dont warn me, dont threaten me, just do it. Aint nothing to it but to do it.
Its sad if one can get banned from this website for nothing. All of this is just conversation/discussion/debate whatever you wanna call it.
If you dont like it stay away from this thread. SIMPLE!
Ban me and i'll just make another account with another email. Ban the IP adress, theres 4 computers in the house. Ban the connection I just use my neighbors wireless signal. Grow up and grow a pair.
LOL, you are wound just a little too tight! Its a joke! Orange is a good guy, we just dont have any use for drugs. Sensitive? Ha ha, thats a first.:lol:
Old 08-31-2008, 01:53 AM

Just get yourself a hair test off the internet. They cost about $90. Ya cut a sample of hair, send it in, and they email the results to you.

Then you'll know one way or the other. But the truth is only 1 1/2 inches of hair is used for the test. That represents about 90 days worth of growth. Any more than that is considered inaccurate and unreliable.

Do your own research on the subject. Google is your friend.

At 2 years, you've been completely clean for 21 months. You really don't have anything to worry about.
Old 08-31-2008, 02:04 AM
Senior Board Member

WOW!!! Pardon me, but does it seem like maybe someone could have gotten their hump busted over at "twucknet"....and came over here to vent their spleen.....

Lighten up man.....or ease up on the "Red Bull"......you're gonna pop.

Now, you have to realize that when you bring up the issue of "drugs" in any context....it makes many of us "touchy"....because its a very touchy issue, especially with "Professional Drivers"..... Don't take it personal, but pay attention....

My friend "Orangetexguy" was actually being kinda nice to you. There are some of us here that aren't all that nice about certain things.

Truthfully...asking if you will pass a drug test and admitting you used to smoke dope.....is almost as bad as asking if a company will hire a pedophile with a conviction for sexually abusing a child.

Peace!

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 08-31-2008, 02:52 AM
Rookie

Dave P, thanks for the straight answer. Very much appreciated.

Snowman7, its not that im wound too tight its just very frustrating when im trying to get an answer to a question but instead im being looked at as a stoner loser with no life or regard for rules and regulations. I know you and everyone else you bothered to reply dont have a use for drugs, neither do I.

Trux, thanks for the straight answer. I will definately look into that.
I dont have an inch and a half on my head because Ive been getting buzz cuts since I was 8, but I will be letting my hair grow a bit longer for when that time comes.

Skywalker, I dont know what the hell "twucknet" is. Im not venting, just asking a question, trying to get an answer. I understand the issue of drugs amongst truck drivers is a touchy one, and it should be.
Truck drivers have a great responsibility and I beleive they dont get the recognition and respect I feel they have earned for keeping America moving.

Although I greatly appreciate the straight forward responses I have gotten I still havent gotten an answer to wether Schneider has a new policy as to wether they test hair samples for drug use. Im just concerned about Schneider at this time.
I could go work for my uncles trucking company but he does local freight. And althogh I know I will only have to submit a urine sample I would still rather go OTR with Schneider. OTR is what im looking for right now.