Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

[quote="Evinrude"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN
I think it is funny that some people think they need to be paid for sitting at a truck stop or fueling their truck.

That will be me, I get paid even to eat. i get 8 hrs pay even if i am home sick.

And my benefits are true benefits, no cost to me , only deductions are taxes and RRSP.

It is amazing how you think that you should get paid whether you work or not. Enjoy it while you can. These union LTL carriers have been going out of business right and left. You can't pay people to not work. I can't believe anyone would expect and brag about a company paying them to eat. :roll: It is no wonder this country is in bad shape. People don't want to work any more. :sad: And some wonder why companies seek workers outside of the U.S. ? They just want people who are willing to work for their paycheck.
Old 08-10-2008, 02:25 PM
Board Regular
Location: Time and again after 8 hours work like another blue collar worker. Got My life back. Good bye CPM.

[quote="Mackman"]Hey Evinrude dont owrry about them OTR guys. If they like working for free more power to them.

I know ever hour they work for free and don't paid for overtime the more spending power we get.

Cheap labor makes others rich.
Old 08-10-2008, 02:27 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackman
Hey Evinrude dont owrry about them OTR guys. If they like working for free more power to them.

Just to let you know Evinrude it is great getting paid for everything you do. At the end of the day i fuel my truck up (tanks at the yard) park it and do my paperwork and then go and clock out. As soon as i come in the morning i clock in before i even start the truck i am getting paid. :wink:

But hey i think CPM or % sounds better HA HA HA HA :lol:

Remember one thing while you are laughing at the otr drivers. Without the otr drivers you would not have a job. After all, someone has to do the work.
Old 08-10-2008, 02:33 PM
Board Regular
Location: Time and again after 8 hours work like another blue collar worker. Got My life back. Good bye CPM.

It is amazing how you think that you should get paid whether you work or not. Enjoy it while you can. These union LTL carriers have been going out of business right and left. You can't pay people to not work. I can't believe anyone would expect and brag about a company paying them to eat. :roll: It is no wonder this country is in bad shape. People don't want to work any more. :sad: And some wonder why companies seek workers outside of the U.S. ? They just want people who are willing to work for their paycheck.[/quote]

That was the offer they made to me..I didn't even apply for the job..I friend called and me a offer i can't refuse. The job we do is not that competitive as we do specialized work. And please don't ask what we do as I don't like competition in my field of work.
Old 08-10-2008, 02:47 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

It does get real old listening to the same ignorance over and over.
Some of you Drivers who are lucky enough to score a local job, I have never found ANYONE here berate you for that.

I too have been seeking a local driving job for years now. When you live outside of the metropolis, opportunities are limited, and competition is high. You may have to wait until someone dies or retires, to seek a position, and fight for the job against everyone else who would like it too.

That said...we drive OTR to make a living. I have turned down some local jobs, regardless of the hometime, because the cut in pay would be too great, or it is seasonal. Up in the North where I live...seasonal is a much bigger word. (weren't you just complaining about that Mackman?)

It is a tough job, and I have yet to see anyone enter this profession without knowing what the job entails. If it doesn't work out for you...for whatever reason, why is it you feel it is so necessary to condemn the job, and everyone who continues to work in it?

You come across sounding either ignorant, or like a Daisey.
You have your opinion, and I appreciate that. Venting is good.
Claiming greater intelligence or superiority over OTR drivers is ridicules and ignorant.

That would be like an Electrician arguing with a Carpenter over who is a greater tradesman. or more important, or more intelligent, etc.

But if you guys want to continue showing the entire message board how ignorant and rude you can be, that's your call. It isn't going unnoticed.

Old 08-10-2008, 02:52 PM
Senior Board Member

I worked local for 2 years pulling a dump and getting paid by the hour, I now drive otr for the same company and get paid percentage. I make almost twice as much. working for free works for me!!
Old 08-10-2008, 02:53 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredog
I worked local for 2 years pulling a dump and getting paid by the hour, I now drive otr for the same company and get paid percentage. I make almost twice as much. working for free works for me!!
x2 :wink:
Old 08-10-2008, 02:54 PM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

I say again. Welcome back to life Evinrude! Good to have you back. It (life) has been marching on without you for a while, but you will quickly catch back up and never look back.

Go Local!

Old 08-10-2008, 02:57 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadhog
It does get real old listening to the same ignorance over and over.
Some of you Drivers who are lucky enough to score a local job, I have never found ANYONE here berate you for that.

I too have been seeking a local driving job for years now. When you live outside of the metropolis, opportunities are limited, and competition is high. You may have to wait until someone dies or retires, to seek a position, and fight for the job against everyone else who would like it too.

That said...we drive OTR to make a living. I have turned down some local jobs, regardless of the hometime, because the cut in pay would be too great, or it is seasonal. Up in the North where I live...seasonal is a much bigger word. (weren't you just complaining about that Mackman?)

It is a tough job, and I have yet to see anyone enter this profession without knowing what the job entails. If it doesn't work out for you...for whatever reason, why is it you feel it is so necessary to condemn the job, and everyone who continues to work in it?

You come across sounding either ignorant, or like a Daisey.
You have your opinion, and I appreciate that. Venting is good.
Claiming greater intelligence or superiority over OTR drivers is ridicules and ignorant.

That would be like an Electrician arguing with a Carpenter over who is a greater tradesman. or more important, or more intelligent, etc.

But if you guys want to continue showing the entire message board how ignorant and rude you can be, that's your call. It isn't going unnoticed.

Don't get me wrong. I like otr trucking but the pay vrs hours in a truck don't add up to much more the min wage.
I was in the company truck for 124 hours a week Sunday until Thursday or Friday.

But i am grateful that people do otr so cheap it gives me more buying power.
Old 08-10-2008, 03:04 PM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evinrude
After no raise in two years and a pay reduction coming (slowing my truck down)
Don't try that logic with GMAN or TF. Their outdated, traditionalist, and OTR biased propaganda has driven these fellas so far as to deny conventional mathematics.

It's a burn job Evinrude. As you have seen first-hand. Let GMAN spend the weekend at the Carney Point hook while you enjoy life at home.