User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2007, 04:52 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Training with Werner part 3

so far i have been with werner for over a week. My trainer is kind of nice. But gets angry quickly if you mess up. We seem to run like a team less like a student/trainer. Everytime i dock and have to wait for 2 hours for example then we put down line 1 always. So after waking up at 3 am im do e driving time around 10pm then my trainer drives while i sleep. Feels like we are going all out. After a week we havent stopped for showers yet and i get yelled at if i stop for the restroom. I havent learned anything from werner.

Oh got my first paycheck. 225 after taxes, perdiem added 75 for 300 total
Old 11-16-2007, 05:30 PM
Board Regular

Sounds to me like you are an extra log book to him, nothing more nothing less. No showers for a week? :shock: Man, I bet the inside of that cab is taking on a wicked funk by about now. You made $300. My bet is he made at least 5 times that, mostly compliments of you. I'd ask for a new "trainer", and I'd do it in a hurry. This guy is obviously in it for the $$ and nothing else. Next time he yells at you for stopping for a bathroom break, ask him would he prefer if you did your business on the floor of his truck.... :wink:
Old 11-16-2007, 06:49 PM

re: "After a week we havent stopped for showers yet"

I would have left the truck.

If I don't get a nice hot shower at least every other day I go insane. And baby wipes in between for sure. This trainer must be a pig.

Best of Luck to you.

respects,
Dennis in se pa
Old 11-17-2007, 05:09 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coalregion
Sounds to me like you are an extra log book to him, nothing more nothing less. No showers for a week? :shock: Man, I bet the inside of that cab is taking on a wicked funk by about now. You made $300. My bet is he made at least 5 times that, mostly compliments of you. I'd ask for a new "trainer", and I'd do it in a hurry. This guy is obviously in it for the $$ and nothing else. Next time he yells at you for stopping for a bathroom break, ask him would he prefer if you did your business on the floor of his truck.... :wink:

funny thing about the...w...is they actually take away .02 cpm from your pay rate when you have a student on your truck . The ...W...doesn't pay you anything extra to train , so with a deduction in pay of .02 cpm for being a trainer the only incentive is running like a team ...I trained for the...W... for about 1 month ,and when I had seen my CPM drop .02 cpm I asked them why I would take a pay cut for training with all the extra responsibilty the job entails ...not to mention risking my life the ...W's...Answer what's a couple cents with all the extra miles you can now run ... :roll:
Old 11-17-2007, 03:48 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's
funny thing about the...w...is they actually take away .02 cpm from your pay rate when you have a student on your truck . The ...W...doesn't pay you anything extra to train , so with a deduction in pay of .02 cpm for being a trainer the only incentive is running like a team ...I trained for the...W... for about 1 month ,and when I had seen my CPM drop .02 cpm I asked them why I would take a pay cut for training with all the extra responsibilty the job entails ...not to mention risking my life the ...W's...Answer what's a couple cents with all the extra miles you can now run ... :roll:
:shock: Unreal!
Old 11-17-2007, 03:55 PM

funny thing about the...w...is they actually take away .02 cpm from your pay rate when you have a student on your truck . The ...W...doesn't pay you anything extra to train , so with a deduction in pay of .02 cpm for being a trainer the only incentive is running like a team ...I trained for the...W... for about 1 month ,and when I had seen my CPM drop .02 cpm I asked them why I would take a pay cut for training with all the extra responsibilty the job entails ...not to mention risking my life the ...W's...Answer what's a couple cents with all the extra miles you can now run ... Rolling Eyes

Absolutely ridiculous.

(BTW, I'm still trying to get the hang of using the quote feature here....)
Old 11-17-2007, 05:21 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's
funny thing about the...w...is they actually take away .02 cpm from your pay rate when you have a student on your truck . The ...W...doesn't pay you anything extra to train , so with a deduction in pay of .02 cpm for being a trainer the only incentive is running like a team ...I trained for the...W... for about 1 month ,and when I had seen my CPM drop .02 cpm I asked them why I would take a pay cut for training with all the extra responsibilty the job entails ...not to mention risking my life.
Who is to blame? Werner? Or the dumbasses who agree to drive under those conditions?

If people read about that and laughed at Werner and told them to go $#$% themselves (which is what I would do in a heartbeat), there would be no trainers and they would have to raise pay.

Things will never change in OTR coolie-carrier trucking. That's why I tell people to stay far away from it. There's a reason those companies are constantly hiring. :lol:

Quote:
the ...W's...Answer what's a couple cents with all the extra miles you can now run ...
Classic! :roll:
Old 11-17-2007, 05:38 PM
Rookie

hey at least you'll know if you want to team or not.....cmon
Old 11-17-2007, 08:11 PM

I gotta say, as far as the getting fussed at for bathroom breaks and no showers go....i say grow a pair and tell him to kiss the back side, just to be perfectly blunt. You are there to learn how to drive and learn all the ins and outs of how things go....ask for another trainer if need be. You are not there to be his personal do boy limo driver. If ya gotta go to the bathroom, pull over and go...while you are in there grab a shower and tell him to kiss it when you get back out if he has a problem with it. I am so glad i didnt end up with one of these type of companies when I started out. Like i said, ask for another trainer if you need to if it isnt working out you are not learning anything.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:19 PM
Senior Board Member

Students at werner are paid a flat salary. No matter how many miles you run. There is also a rule that students are not supposed to drive at night until they have a certain number of hours.

Are you learning anything? Besides, how to get yelled at?