User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2008, 08:11 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Gay activity at rest areas

Do I have to be concerned about being propositioned (or worse) when I take a leak? Are truck stops any better?
Old 04-20-2008, 08:16 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Gay activity at rest areas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whammo
Do I have to be concerned about being propositioned (or worse) when I take a leak? Are truck stops any better?
just dont make eye contact and dont respond when they say " how you doing?" and you should be okay. truck stops are usually better, in them you just get all kinds of sob stories asking for money. I put a big note in my drivers window when I go to sleep. it just says NO. that seems to work, no one has bothered me yet
Old 04-20-2008, 08:20 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredog
Quote:
just dont make eye contact and dont respond when they say " how you doing?" and you should be okay. truck stops are usually better, in them you just get all kinds of sob stories asking for money. I put a big note in my drivers window when I go to sleep. it just says NO. that seems to work, no one has bothered me yet
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: You mean...all those times I have responded to that phrase, then kept on walkin...I was being hit on....and didn't know it???? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 04-20-2008, 08:37 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredog
Quote:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: You mean...all those times I have responded to that phrase, then kept on walkin...I was being hit on....and didn't know it???? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

well, it depends on HOW they say it, but I just ignore them all, I feel better that way

I hear they guys really go for big orange guys
Old 04-20-2008, 11:00 PM
Senior Board Member

As a rule...in rest areas or even truck stops....I don't speak to people...unless its necessary. Its not an issue of unfriendliness....its just that I don't engage verbally that often with people I don't know....especially if they approach me unannounced.

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 04-20-2008, 11:31 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

and yet we wonder why truckers get a bad rap...we can't even say hi or good morning to someone...at worst do not respond when someone else says hi or good morning to you...because you are afraid they might be gay. if they are gay and they ask you out simply say no, just like the ugly chick at the bar. at least have the decency to say hi to someone that speaks to you. you guys probably don't say thank you if someone holds the door for you...that may be some kind of gay thing, and they are trying to get you to go have unprotected sex with them.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:35 PM
Senior Board Member

I was at a rest area somewhere in Nebraska when a driver in a purple W9 pulling a Sunshine trailer came up to me and we talked for a bit. We were just talking when he suddenly asked if I wanted a back rub... hahaha I left as fast as I could.

So yes, there are some freaks out there :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 04-20-2008, 11:40 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedfxg
and yet we wonder why truckers get a bad rap...we can't even say hi or good morning to someone...at worst do not respond when someone else says hi or good morning to you...because you are afraid they might be gay. if they are gay and they ask you out simply say no, just like the ugly chick at the bar. at least have the decency to say hi to someone that speaks to you. you guys probably don't say thank you if someone holds the door for you...that may be some kind of gay thing, and they are trying to get you to go have unprotected sex with them.

like I said you can tell by the way they say it, I always say thank you when someone holds the door, and respond when someone says hi in a normal situation, but a rest area bathroom isnt the place.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:45 PM
Senior Board Member

So...how you doin'? :shock: :roll: :lol:
Old 04-20-2008, 11:45 PM

well, i don't talk in the rest room...that is just akward even when you know the guy. but to not speak to people period is a little extreme. i try to be freindly and when walking through a service area or truck stop and you say "morning bud, hows things?" and the guy just looks at ya like you are a space alien..that really gets my goat. just because another man says hi, does not make him gay...he might be but he probably thinks your unshowered fat greasy truck driving ass is ugly, he was just saying morning cause you looked lonely and tired...sometimes someone being friendly for a change might brighten your day.