User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2008, 06:05 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by got mud?

that is where you are wrong. you CAN NOT use physical force to protect property. you may only use force to protect yourself. a person standing on your private property is not grounds for self defense!
You know nothing of Texas Law then!

I need to find the case number from a few years back, where some dipstick (polite term) decided he wanted to verbally assault me on the step of my truck!

First warning was calm and collected!

Second warning resulted in letting my healer out of the sleeper!

Third warning, wait, two was enough! The door was quickly forced open, the dipstick landed upside down on his head, and my sweat little healer took a nice chunk of flesh out of his leg, before the police showed up! She wanted his throat, but I though that would be too much!

The dipstick was arrested for assault, trespassing, possession of narcotics, and threatening a police officer! Resulted in an official deposition by myself and three other witnesses, that had also had issue with the guy! Last I heard, he was sentenced to a total of 10 years in a New Mexico state prison, and there was consideration of extradicting him to Pennsylvania to face Federal Charges! Feburary 15th, 2005 - Albuquerque, NM
Principles are, without question, the fastest way to what I want."
Author Unknown

OOIDA
Old 04-22-2008, 06:31 PM
Senior Board Member

countryhorseman: what ever happened to the man in pasadena, tx who rightfully protected his neighbor's property by shooting & killing the 2 thieving bastards?
Old 04-22-2008, 10:06 PM
Senior Board Member

Hmm, have heard of one similar, but do not remember it being in Pasadena! Do you have a time frame on the event you are inquiring!

We are in a rural area East of San Antonio, so unless it is really news worthy, with the exception of trucking stuff, I do not pay much attention to the Houston area!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncrosonix
countryhorseman: what ever happened to the man in pasadena, tx who rightfully protected his neighbor's property by shooting & killing the 2 thieving bastards?
Author Unknown

OOIDA
Old 04-22-2008, 10:25 PM
Senior Board Member

Ok, that is the one I was thinking about! Cannot find anything recent! The last thing I could find about charges is none had been filed, they were awaiting a grand jury to convene! That can take months, sometimes years!

Looks to me, the big reason that it stayed in the news as long as it did, was the two were illegals! Will shoot a message to a friend in Houston that keeps up with cases like that!

The New Castle Law has some confused about situations like that! Legally, in my opinion, he went too far! Personally, I would have done the same thing, except the 911 call would have come afterwards, not during!:twisted:

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryhorseman
Hmm, have heard of one similar, but do not remember it being in Pasadena! Do you have a time frame on the event you are inquiring!

We are in a rural area East of San Antonio, so unless it is really news worthy, with the exception of trucking stuff, I do not pay much attention to the Houston area!

Quote:
:twisted:
Author Unknown

OOIDA
Old 04-22-2008, 11:13 PM

Actually, a big part of why it was in the news was that he shot them in the back, if I remember correctly. Also, they released the 911 tape of him calling in, being instructed by the 911 operator to stay in the house, being told that the police were on their way and rapidly nearing, repeatedly saying that he was going to shoot them, and then putting down the phone and (and you could hear this) going outside and shooting them.

It sounded at times like he was really looking for a reason to shoot somebody.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:41 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whammo
Quote:
Originally Posted by got mud?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
there's massive gay activity at the klein's truck stop in fresno, california, at herndon & highway 99. my first time i rolled into there. it was about 0430 on a friday morning, and the only spots left open were the back row. i thought really nothing of it. i didn't see anything peculiar as you would at the world (in)famous t/a west.

after getting into the spot, setting the tractor brakes, and catching up the log book after 11hrs of driving, somebody parked their olive green jeep cherokee in front of me. he got out and i immediately knew it was one of those flamboyant types. my window was halfway rolled down since it was the summer and i like driving with my driver side window halfway down during the night time. he jumped up on the driver side of my truck without asking permission. i gave him three warnings to get the hell off or else suffer the consequences. he kept saying, "i justht want to asthk you sthomething." i didn't want to know what it was, and i let him have it. i let him ride the lightning with the ultra awesome taser. he let out a real loud scream, some others woke up and saw what was happening, mentioned they also got bugged by the same dude a few hours prior, and had to threaten violence against him for jumping on to their trucks. nobody called the police. 8)

after regaining his senses enough, he got up, got back into his cherokee, and booked it out of there. i realized then that those back row spots were left open for a reason. too bad there weren't any open up front. i slept for a few hours, woke up at about 1000, and moved the truck up front. it was funny to see that i wasn't the only one with the same idea in mind.

another run-in with gay dude was at a shipper in tolleson. this time it was a driver from a cousin company that i should leave unnamed. he was asking me about stuff i browse while online and then, suddenly, he asked if i had a webcam and if i would be willing to put on a show for him. all i said to him was, "our conversation is now over. **** off!"
Taser, eh? Sounds like a good thing to consider adding to my bag of tricks. A baseball bat might not be a bad idea either. Never know when you'll run across a pickup game

baseball bats are great only if you have enough swing room to use them. tasers are great because of the range, can be shot through an open window, and it's always fun squeezing on the trigger to constantly shock the bugger. also, unless you're superman or the flash, you won't be able to dodge a couple of taser darts once they've been let loose. a baseball bat can be dodged, ducked, and/or weaved.
you do realize that your walking a dangerous line tazing people just because they refuse to follow a verbal command. In most states that would be considered assault. while not considered a deadly weapon it is still a weapon. you can't just taze people because they refuse to listen to you. he was not threating you and he made no gesture to indicate he was going to harm you. I honestly doubt you tazed anyone! sounds like a story you should be telling on channel 19
I think that if someone is standing on your step next to your door and refuses to follow a command he is in fact on private property and subject to any countermeasures deemed neccessary.

according to one of my law enforcement friends, use of force was justified due to him refusing to follow a command and for being on private property. i gave him three f'ing warnings: 1) get off my truck or suffer the consequences.
2) get off my f'ing truck!
3) you now have three seconds to get the f--- off before i taze you!

how much more clear did i have to be? he refused to listen and he got to ride the lightning. he wouldn't listen to those commands, he wouldn't have listened to anything. maybe you take such offense to this situation because you're one of those truckers who answers those gay bj calls over the radio, and the dude i zapped was the same one some time ago who gave you a hummer.

many people don't make gestures that they are going to harm somebody, or be an immediate threat. i'd rather put a stop to it before it really becomes something more serious. just as in law enforcement, there's really no such thing as a "routine traffic stop." just one second of being caught off guard, and the criminal will try taking advantage of the situation. that's how police officers end up dead, in the hospital, or thanking whatever they pray to, that they were unharmed.
nope hardly offended. actually I'm secure enough in my man hood that someone being gay really doesn't bother me. you on the other hand should look at what your really afraid of? i'm still calling BS on you even doing it.

my point is simply you just cant do what you did legally. If you continue to do it and keep an ignorant attitude toward it you will end up in trouble.

"basic elements of any justifiable use of force in self-defense must be met. simply you must prove that you had no choice!

Ability
Your attacker must have the ability—the physical, practical ability—to cause you harm

Opportunity
while your attacker may very well have the ability to cause you harm, it means nothing unless he also has the opportunity to do so—right here and right now

Jeopardy
The most subjective factor of the AOJP analysis is the jeopardy requirement, sometimes called “imminent jeopardy.” This criterion requires that, in your specific situation, a “reasonable and prudent” person would have believed himself to be in immediate danger

Preclusion
It is the idea that, whatever the situation, you are expected to use force only as a last resort—that is, only when the circumstances preclude all other options.Preclusion is the factor that is missing in most self-defense arguments, and thus the reason most fail. You must remember that you bear the burden of proof; until you prove otherwise, the law merely sees two equal citizens in a dispute. You can say, “He tried to hit me,” but then the police and the courts will ask, “Why didn’t you _____?” You must have no options to offer to fill in that blank—there must have been no other courses of action you could have taken to maintain your safety except the use of force. Otherwise, you’re just fighting because you want to, and that’s a crime."

In the eyes of the law, life has priority over possessions—even a criminal’s life. You may defend your own safety with the use of force, but not your stuff
Old 04-23-2008, 11:09 AM
Rookie

I believe if we as a civilized society,can survive the ignorance,fear,and misrepresentation of reallity exampled within the pages of this forum,by a minority mind you,the upcoming proverbial apocolypes should be a cakewalk
Old 04-23-2008, 05:04 PM

:roll: C'mon guys! Wherever I go, if I run into another trucker I will ask how he/she is doing. Mostly I'm walking somewhere and I will say it as I'm walking and I'm not stopping, but isn't this all just common sense?
If I see someone I have my doubts about I stay clear away from him but most people out there are not out to hurt you, or rape you or whatever. I just have a rule not to go out to rest areas at night time (even if there was parking :lol: ), not going to bathroom in truck stop without husband etc. I guess the same goes with the gays. We were in Winslow at the Wal-Mart one time, I was right next to my husband and 1 came up and asked HIM if he wanted a party *yeah hello I'm invisible...* :lol: :roll: He just said no thanks and the person moved on. No need to make a drama when there is none.
So all I want to say to whoever started this thread: don't believe all the big stories you hear!
Old 04-23-2008, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyTulip
:roll: C'mon guys! Wherever I go, if I run into another trucker I will ask how he/she is doing. Mostly I'm walking somewhere and I will say it as I'm walking and I'm not stopping, but isn't this all just common sense?
If I see someone I have my doubts about I stay clear away from him but most people out there are not out to hurt you, or rape you or whatever. I just have a rule not to go out to rest areas at night time (even if there was parking :lol: ), not going to bathroom in truck stop without husband etc. I guess the same goes with the gays. We were in Winslow at the Wal-Mart one time, I was right next to my husband and 1 came up and asked HIM if he wanted a party *yeah hello I'm invisible...* :lol: :roll: He just said no thanks and the person moved on. No need to make a drama when there is none.
So all I want to say to whoever started this thread: don't believe all the big stories you hear!
Go Google "gay trucker" and tell us what you find.
Old 04-24-2008, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyTulip
Go Google "gay trucker" and tell us what you find.
:lol: Now why would I go looking for drama??