User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2007, 12:26 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default anxiety medicine

I take Clorazepate for anxiety does anyone know if that's allowed in commercial trucking regulations I can't find the website where they post all the prescriptions you can't take while driving.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:51 AM
Senior Board Member

Whether or not you can take any specific medication and still operate a CMV depends on whether the prescribing doctor feels it may be a safety hazard, whether or not the doctor who does the DOT physical feels the same way, and what the policy is of the company you want to work for is.

If all 3 agree the medication you are taking does not pose a safety concern, and the medication is prescribed to you and you are taking it as prescribed then you are good to go.

These long lists of "banned" medications that you see circulating around the net are ones that belong to specific companies like Schneider and USXpress.

So your first stop needs to be the doctor who prescribed the medication to you. Talk with this person about any safety issues of you taking the med and driving a CMV. If there is one then see if there is something else you can take. If not get the doctor to write a letter stating what you are taking, dose info, and that in their opinion it does not pose a safety risk.

Next stop is to talk to any company you are thinking about working for. If need be ask to speak with the safety department. Do this before attending orientation.

Finally when you do attend orientation be sure to take that letter with you and show it to the doctor who does your physical.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:00 AM
Senior Board Member

I hate to say it....but there is a good chance, based on the information contained on this site and several others:

http://www.drugdigest.org/DD/DVH/Use...zepate,00.html

....that you will have a problem getting and keeping a job driving a truck. Forget hiding the fact that you are taking it...if there is an accident, you would get found out....

Maybe your physician can put you on something non-habit forming and less likely to cause "drowziness".....

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 11-09-2007, 11:28 AM
Senior Board Member

Why would anyone with a anxiety problem want to get into trucking. I thought the whole idea of anxiety meds was to take the meds and AVOID anxiety???? :roll:
Old 11-09-2007, 11:33 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inmate1577
Why would anyone with a anxiety problem want to get into trucking. I thought the whole idea of anxiety meds was to take the meds and AVOID anxiety???? :roll:
Very true. Considering that being a Professional Driver in a semi is considered one of the most "stressful" jobs there is....

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 02-09-2008, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by inmate1577
Very true. Considering that being a Professional Driver in a semi is considered one of the most "stressful" jobs there is....
No,driver that's not one of the most stressful jobs there.......believe me.