User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2007, 02:18 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Here is a job that was advertised locally:

Line Drivers - $0.46 to $0.5125 cpm

You only need a year of experience to get a gig like this.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:48 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

what do you do CFM?
Old 11-03-2007, 03:48 PM

nope, not too good with english. just a hillbilly.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:08 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedfxg
well,to be honest i was doing a test to show what i might love others may not. thank you for explaining the reason you like trucking and showing others that there are different things you can do and still enjoy every minute of your job, and hopefully your entire life. i have done this run for 3 years, actually pays 2610 miles, all d/h, no touch, terminal to terminal. i leave tue at 4am get to nj at 1pm, lay 10 and go home. do that again on thur. sat i leave at midnight go to somerset, pa, swap trailers and go back,in by 930am. off till tues. i just wanted to show that there are mny different aspects to driving that some new guys may not see, and may never try because some people assume that if they did not like it then no one else would either. i make good money for my area and my lifestyle, and it really does not matter what others think of my pay. that is something else new guys need to understand. thanks, any input from others that may actually help people would be appreciated.
Jed: I think it's a good gig! Sounds like you are making enough money for YOU, and that is what is important! CFM is the MORON! If he needs 5 grand/mo to live in a fiberglass box..... he's overextended! :shock: :lol:

I like the hometime you get. Personally..... like Coastie, I'd get a bit bored with the same routes, but maybe you can vary them a bit? Anyway.... I got into trucking to see the country (again,) but there's a day coming when I will want someting EXACTLY like you've got!

Then.... a few years later, I'm gonna want someting like COLT has up in Canada! I get restless! But, 2610 miles/wk guaranteed ( in this slumping market) is GOOD! And anything around .38 cpm is decent pay for those miles and THAT MUCH time off!

I agree with the "premise" of your post, but did you get this right out of CDL school.... or after paying your dues? Let's not fill the newbies heads with delusions! :wink:

I agree completely, that there are MANY "niche" jobs that will give a driver the best of all worlds. But, I wouldn't want everyone getting into the business expecting to FIND such jobs right out of the gate! Reality is the best "expectation." But, NEVER quit looking for the "golden run!"

Congratulations, and good luck in the future!

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:27 PM
Senior Board Member

Sounds like a good run. Your still pulling for fedex? Which terminal do you run in Columbus?

Old 11-07-2007, 02:53 PM

ben, yes columbus to woodbridge. yes i paid some dues. but with one year experience anyone can get into something better. and some people like otr. CFM just constantly misses the point. i have been on this run for three years or slightly less maybe. i was just trying to make a point and only 2 or 3 of you guys got it. thamks for the help. and golf hobo, i play every sunday and sometimes more in the warm weather.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:57 AM

Yeah that sounds like a pretty good run. Pays decent, hometime is decent, no touch. The only drawbacks I see and why I'd hesitate to do a run like that is what kind of equipment?....and thats just far enough east coast for me to pass on that kind of gig. And b-o-r-i-n-g.
I'd have my hands full just trying to hold onto the steering wheel on those rough roads bouncing around inside the cab like a superball. No thanks.
But I don't live in that area either, maybe if I did it would be a no-brainer I guess. Give me something like that running west, say from Cleveland to Houston and back or something for that pay and bennies and I could handle it. Just keep me off the north east coast and I'll run the rims off if you pay me a good fair wage.

"Never say never because you just never know"
Old 11-08-2007, 11:14 AM

claw hammer, are you ready for your wolverines to get their asses handed to them hre in 2 weeks? we run the pa pike all the way to jersey and up. to hell with that rough i78