Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by inmate1577
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's
Quote:
Just get a new birth certificate from the county where you were born.
And let it go

Ever heard of identity theft ? not to mention it cost me just shy of $100.00 to obtain that raised letter birth cert so Werner could send me to Canada .... And lettin it go is about all one can do , as it's not worth wasting good AMMO on useless people :wink:

Let it go, its gone. Some yard monkey probably tossed it out when they cleaned out your truck. Go get a new one. Plus, if you ever used a credit card in your life, your identity is already out there for all to steal. Better yet, next time you get a job with a trucking company, get a passport and make a laminated copy and keep the original at home.
An authentic birth certificate is gold to an identity thief. They can use that to get a new social security number, drivers license, bank account, etc.

Also, most employers and government agencies will not accept a laminated birth certificate. They typically require that they be able to feel the raised seal.

Old 10-04-2007, 10:32 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
You will sue them?
A megacarrier with more lawyers than you can shake a stick at?
And...you think your the first that has had this happen to ?
And...you think your the first to file a lawsuit?

Charge all the windmills you want, but they got the money and power that you dont. Dont sue, they'll bleed you dry in court. Just take the loss and get on with your life. The best thing you can do is warn others.

Hate to say this but you wont win unless you got proof that this has financially impacted your life. A tossed out birth certificate is not going to impact your life, its gone, let it go and concentrate on working for a company with a cleaner reputation. Add to that, you make waves with a megacarrier , the time you spent working for them will go down the toilet. Anyone who calls for a recommendation and asks "would you hire this person again?" will get a response that will go something like this "NO, we wouldnt hire him again" Its perfectly legal to say it and it can "F " up your chances for another job, even a McJob.

Black balling an individual when he/she calls fowl when ihe/she should can result in some very bad outcomes with right individual .
Old 10-04-2007, 10:52 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
You will sue them?

Charge all the windmills you want, but they got the money and power that you dont. Dont sue, they'll bleed you dry in court. Just take the loss and get on with your life. The best thing you can do is warn others.

Hate to say this but you wont win unless you got proof that this has financially impacted your life. A tossed out birth certificate is not going to impact your life, its gone, let it go and concentrate on working for a company with a cleaner reputation. Add to that, you make waves with a megacarrier , the time you spent working for them will go down the toilet. Anyone who calls for a recommendation and asks "would you hire this person again?" will get a response that will go something like this "NO, we wouldnt hire him again" Its perfectly legal to say it and it can "F " up your chances for another job, even a McJob.

well they lost my RAISED LETTER birth certificate while miss handling my personal belongings , And it's not like I'm pissed over a missing issue of PENTHOUSE , as this missing document could have negative complications for me further down the road , and 100% due to Werner . Now it's not like the truck was broken into and these items stolen it's just a matter of a them being shady with me because I expressed the desire to look for better pay and a better life style than I currently have wworking with them . And when I was finally allowed to acess my belongings the first thing I looked for was this document , and when i couldn't find it and kept searching the terminal manager wanted me tto just forget about it like it was nothing . Well I may have no real recourse , But in no way does this take away from my current hostility , and that isn't going to fade for awhile as I can't help but wonder where this important document is and this causes me some distress .
Old 10-04-2007, 10:58 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Quote:
You will sue them?

well they lost my RAISED LETTER birth certificate while miss handling my personal belongings , And it's not like I'm pissed over a missing issue of PENTHOUSE , as this missing document could have negative complications for me further down the road , and 100% due to Werner . Now it's not like the truck was broken into and these items stolen it's just a matter of a them being shady with me because I expressed the desire to look for better pay and a better life style than I currently have wworking with them . And when I was finally allowed to acess my belongings the first thing I looked for was this document , and when i couldn't find it and kept searching the terminal manager wanted me tto just forget about it like it was nothing . Well I may have no real recourse , But in no way does this take away from my current hostility , and that isn't going to fade for awhile as I can't help but wonder where this important document is and this causes me some distress .

Look, either suck it up and displace your anger only to relieve it on some Joe in the future for minimal reasons...... shoot up the place/or just the dispatcher..... or even strap a bomb to yourself and take out part of the plant.... do it Middle East style!!! Sounds crappy.... but these are your only options because threats to them are only a waste of your breath and their time.... 8)
Old 10-04-2007, 11:07 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkut2003
Quote:
Quote:
You will sue them?

Look, either suck it up and displace your anger only to relieve it on some Joe in the future for minimal reasons...... shoot up the place/or just the dispatcher..... or even strap a bomb to yourself and take out part of the plant.... do it Middle East style!!! Sounds crappy.... but these are your only options because threats to them are only a waste of your breath and their time.... 8)

I was thinking more along the lines of either a flamming bag of dog crap on the dipatchers front step or an order of 100 pizzas ....maybe both are in line .
Old 10-08-2007, 03:41 PM
Board Icon

Big Jeep said:

Quote:
well they lost my RAISED LETTER birth certificate while miss handling my personal belongings , And it's not like I'm pissed over a missing issue of PENTHOUSE , as this missing document could have negative complications for me further down the road ,

and 100% due to Werner .

Now it's not like the truck was broken into and these items stolen it's just a matter of a them being shady with me because I expressed the desire to look for better pay and a better life style than I currently have wworking with them . And when I was finally allowed to acess my belongings the first thing I looked for was this document , and when i couldn't find it and kept searching the terminal manager wanted me tto just forget about it like it was nothing . Well I may have no real recourse , But in no way does this take away from my current hostility , and that isn't going to fade for awhile as I can't help but wonder where this important document is and this causes me some distress .
Well, I usually stay out of these type threads, but I just can't resist. Big Jeep, I'm sure you're P.O.'d and to some extent, you have a RIGHT to be... but, I gotta wonder, man.....

If you took this "leave" with the intention of looking for other employment, and you've READ all the threads on here and other places about what companies have done to others in similar situations....

WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU LEAVE THAT DOCUMENT IN THE TRUCK????

If that thing cost what it did, and was so necessary for getting into Canada, and was such a threat to your identity security..... I'd never let it out of my SIGHT!!

Sorry, man.... but YOU gotta calm down and accept some of the blame on this one! That's just MY OPINION. :wink:

I don't even leave my LOG BOOK in the truck when I go home for the weekend!

Did you leave your WALLET with your CDL in there, too?? :roll:

I'm not defending Werner in the least, but neither can I accept your pleading of total innocence and "victimization."

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:19 PM
Board Regular

If this trivial little part of everyday life causes this much anger and misplaced waste of oxygen and energy for you.....maybe your in the wrong profession.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:50 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
Big Jeep said:

Quote:
well they lost my RAISED LETTER birth certificate while miss handling my personal belongings , And it's not like I'm pissed over a missing issue of PENTHOUSE , as this missing document could have negative complications for me further down the road ,

and 100% due to Werner .

Now it's not like the truck was broken into and these items stolen it's just a matter of a them being shady with me because I expressed the desire to look for better pay and a better life style than I currently have wworking with them . And when I was finally allowed to acess my belongings the first thing I looked for was this document , and when i couldn't find it and kept searching the terminal manager wanted me tto just forget about it like it was nothing . Well I may have no real recourse , But in no way does this take away from my current hostility , and that isn't going to fade for awhile as I can't help but wonder where this important document is and this causes me some distress .
Well, I usually stay out of these type threads, but I just can't resist. Big Jeep, I'm sure you're P.O.'d and to some extent, you have a RIGHT to be... but, I gotta wonder, man.....

If you took this "leave" with the intention of looking for other employment, and you've READ all the threads on here and other places about what companies have done to others in similar situations....

WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU LEAVE THAT DOCUMENT IN THE TRUCK????

If that thing cost what it did, and was so necessary for getting into Canada, and was such a threat to your identity security..... I'd never let it out of my SIGHT!!

Sorry, man.... but YOU gotta calm down and accept some of the blame on this one! That's just MY OPINION. :wink:

I don't even leave my LOG BOOK in the truck when I go home for the weekend!

Did you leave your WALLET with your CDL in there, too?? :roll:

I'm not defending Werner in the least, but neither can I accept your pleading of total innocence and "victimization."

Fact is it don't matter if i'm taking a leave to find work that pays or I'm just at home enjoying the fall for 30 days of leave ...I called my FM and he was ok with me unloading the truck on saturday the 29th in our phone conversation the 25th , But on the 27th the terminal decided to unload it , But couldn't even give a courtesy call asking why truck is full and key has not been turned in to shop , and give me a chance to attempt to empty truck out earlier than planned or end up having them do it .

Now a driver is allowed to keep their truck for up to 6 days on a leave , And I once again called my FM on the 25 th with plans of empty on the 29th ...that's only 4 days , and he did saty ok on the phone . So it is not my fault I thought my stuff to be secure in the truck only to have it rifled through by the shop to open it up on the 27th this is their fault As communication was supplied on my end , and on the phone it was OK with my FM not my fault they did something different than communicated .

Now why would i leave this document in the truck...Well it's no less safe than If it was left in cheap appartment in Denver . And because this document is suposed to be with me every time I go out just in case I'm sent to Canada I leave it stored in a folder with other documents on a shelve ...However because the Birth Cert has not been used in moths it's not exactly a fresh thing on my mind at midnight after a long day ,So I never thought to grab the folder B4 heading home.

Say what you will but the truck was left on gated security patroled property locked up tight , and it's not like it was broken into by thieves if this was the case it would be just an unfortunate instance and no ones fault after all these items can be stolen at your house by thieves breaking into your un guarded home . But that's not the case they were lost during the un-authorized handling of the shop , And this is not my fault , As it was Ok 'd with my FM , and I had no reason to think this would occour .

Now I have every right to be annoyed , But there isn't much that can be done now ...However I have my local job , and I'm just waiting on my drug screen to come back to start work , And I'm going to call the creditors tomorrow to see what I can do to safeguard myself from the stolen document should it find it's way into the hands of a person wanting to commit ID fraud , and hurt me credit wise .

And don't think that I don't kicvk myself in the A$$ for trusting Werner to do right ...That was very bad judgement on my part.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:56 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by century451
If this trivial little part of everyday life causes this much anger and misplaced waste of oxygen and energy for you.....maybe your in the wrong profession.

Hey slide me your Raised letter Birth Cert ,and let me toss it out in the streets of Denver ...And we will see how calm and cool you demeanor is when you realize how many ILLAGAL there are in the Area that would love to this document that will allow them to get a social security card...Drivers license....Credit cards ...loans Ect in your name . Maybe you are one of those drivers that is smart enough to lease a TRUCK ... :wink:
Old 10-08-2007, 10:07 PM
Board Regular

I wish the ignorant wouldn't even post!!! Hell, who in their right F'n mind wouldn't be PISSED had this happened to them??? These are the SAME drivers you hear on the radio preachin laws and giving directions they themselves only heard shortly before!!! IDIOTS!!!
Closed Thread