User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2007, 03:14 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

You are correct! Reguardless of how long the information has been on your DAC, once you dispute it, they MUST verify the entry. If it is not verfied in 30 days it MUST be removed from your record. If it is not verified and it is still on your record then you have legal grounds for suite. If it is verified and wrong then you also have legel recourse.

If DAC says it was verified ask for names, dates, copys, ect..... of who verified the entry. They MUST provide you with that information or face stiff penatlies.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:12 PM
Board Regular
Default DAC

Does anybody know if it costs anything to receive your DAC report, and does it show up on your DAC that you have checked your DAC status??? You guys got me curious now on whats on mine.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:49 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokk
its $8 USD and a photocopy of your CDL and SSN card along with the written request.
You can also get one free copy per year. Call them at 800-331-9175 to request. You will have to mail in your ID.

If you're in a hurry, these guys www.dotjobhistory.com get your driving record, criminal record database scan and if you give them authorization, they will get your DAC via computer much faster.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:16 PM
Board Regular
Default Free DAC

Tthe address that I said to write to sent me my DAC for free. I didn't check out the website addresses that other drivers provided but mine was free!!! 8)
Old 01-01-2008, 09:03 PM
Board Regular
Default Re: dac

People worry too much about DACs.

Consider the routine TELEPHONE call for employment verification:

All you are going to get is the DOH and DOS. They aren't going to ask questions like is he eligible for rehire, did he play well with others, etc. It opens the company up to risk, company's are risk adverse.

Now consider, if a company will not divulge anything of substance on a telephone call - why in tarnation would ANYONE think they are going to put it in WRITING.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Road Warrior
I've heard if you're late for a load this will show up on the dac. Is this true?
"He knew who I was, at that time, because I had a reputation as a writer. I knew he was part of the Bush dynasty. But he was nothing, he offered nothing, and he promised nothing. He had no humor. He was insignificant in every way and consequently I didn't pay much attention to him. But when he passed out in my bathtub, then I noticed him. I'd been in another room, talking to the bright people. I had to have him taken away." -on meeting George W Bush at Thompson's Super Bowl party in Houston in 1974

Buy the ticket. Take the ride.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:28 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
They aren't going to ask questions like is he eligible for rehire, did he play well with others, etc. It opens the company up to risk, company's are risk adverse.
When one trucking company calls another for employment verification both companies are required by law to provide employment dates, safety information, and any information pertaining to negative drug screens.

In addition to this, many states have passed laws where they (past employers) can pretty much say anything about a past employee so long as they can prove it.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:00 AM
Board Regular

Employment Dates - Objective Information
Drug Screens - Objective Information and a matter of statute.
Safety Information - Gray area. He had an accident on xx/xx/200x, police report on file is ok. Overspeed via qualcomm 70% of the time, didn't maintain 3 points of contact entering or egressing the cab - that would not be ok.

Saying what you can prove is still a dicey proposition and is not recommended. You can easily fall into the blurry line of perception and opinion. HR doesn't want the hassle (or expense) of proving something a grunt dispatcher - oops I mean Driver Manager - said during a harried moment.

You are dealing with an industry that has 100% turnover and "supervisors" that have 40+ direct reports. DAC gives the employers a chance to prescreen information and dump it to a central repository. It is plain vanilla and designed to keep the company's a$$ out of court.

If the dispatcher liked the driver and they actually had some personal contact the dispatcher may add a few cliches - nice guy, great guy, hate to see him leave, blah, blah.

If it's just another driver on the board, it's going to be a conversation with Detective Sergeant Joe Friday.

Trucker's sure are a paranoid bunch :wink:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uturn2001
Quote:
They aren't going to ask questions like is he eligible for rehire, did he play well with others, etc. It opens the company up to risk, company's are risk adverse.
When one trucking company calls another for employment verification both companies are required by law to provide employment dates, safety information, and any information pertaining to negative drug screens.

In addition to this, many states have passed laws where they (past employers) can pretty much say anything about a past employee so long as they can prove it.
"He knew who I was, at that time, because I had a reputation as a writer. I knew he was part of the Bush dynasty. But he was nothing, he offered nothing, and he promised nothing. He had no humor. He was insignificant in every way and consequently I didn't pay much attention to him. But when he passed out in my bathtub, then I noticed him. I'd been in another room, talking to the bright people. I had to have him taken away." -on meeting George W Bush at Thompson's Super Bowl party in Houston in 1974

Old 01-28-2008, 02:39 AM
Board Regular

I signed up for dotjobhistory. I think they are a bit of a rip-off. Been waiting a couple weeks for the DAC report. Still nothing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senorjhawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokk
its $8 USD and a photocopy of your CDL and SSN card along with the written request.
You can also get one free copy per year. Call them at 800-331-9175 to request. You will have to mail in your ID.

If you're in a hurry, these guys www.dotjobhistory.com get your driving record, criminal record database scan and if you give them authorization, they will get your DAC via computer much faster.

Old 02-05-2008, 07:00 PM
Senior Board Member

Back a few weeks ago I went to orientation ,and they give you a copy of your current DAC/USIS report , so you can "accurately" fill out you application form ...I was surpised to see my file is very clean ..The Big Blue only put on my DAc that I was discharged ,and am eligeable for rehire ,and that's it ...As for incidents Werner does not report non-ptreventable to DAC/USIS ...And they do not report UNDERTERMIMED incidents ,so I had 1 at fault parking lot non dot preventable with no damages over a year ago that is the only incident on my DAC ...And the Undertermined incident that never happened that I'm trying to get werner to remove from their personal file on me is not reported to DAC/USIS ...I have to say the only problem I ever had with Werner was the dispatcher I got when I came from 11 western to 48 state ,and he tried to drive my truck from his keyboard ,and instead of insisting on a new DM we just bickered over Sh$T ,which resulted in a decline in my attitude /performance leading to my discharge , Which is technically my fault as I was capable of realizing I was never going to get along with my DM ,and should have kicked him to the curb rather than argue like a child ...Heck if I could get a good DM like I had on 11 western ,and get on a good dedicated account I'd go back to Werner ...