User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2007, 08:36 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckerTony
I wonder if it is possible to request a copy from your current employer if they ran one before hiring?
My boss pulled one for me. even though he doesnt use it.. companies can get them free on line, but drivers cant.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:12 PM
Rookie

i have gotten a copy of my dac, the info on it is vague. companies that use it will ask you to verify the info. and unless you have 1 you can't. if you get terminated you need to get a copy to see if the info is accurate. 1 company told me i was terminated for something, got the dac report and listed something else. i'm in the process of getting it fixed but everything is done by mail no fax's. and if you quit the company you might want to check your report THEY DO MAKE MISTAKES and could screw you.

dealing with it now
Old 10-19-2007, 03:24 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

its really amazing to me how easy it is for a company to put something on there but its so difficult to just get a copy for yourself.....and you would be surprised what can get on there besides saftey issues....I currewntly have an entry on my DAC for complaining to much. Seems that my first dispatcher from my first company didnt like me complaining about sitting for days at a time and running 1400miles a week....he put down on my DAC that I was a habitual complainer, I had to answer to this and explain it when I was getting on with BARR-NUNN....interesting stuff has a way of making it on there
Old 10-20-2007, 02:49 PM
Rookie
Default Libel

If you have access to a lawyer; as him if such an entry on your dac report is grounds for a libel suit.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:07 PM
Rookie
Default Re: dac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Road Warrior
I've heard if you're late for a load this will show up on the dac. Is this true?
There is a category that employers may check on the job performance section titled "Late pickup/delivery."

Senorjhawk
Old 10-24-2007, 10:02 PM
Rookie
Default Is it true?

If it a fact he was late then there is little that can be done. But as the employer has made it a matter of record, he might challenge them and ask them nicely for documentation. If they cannot or will not provide it; I think that may be grounds for removal of comment from the record. If they can provide documentation and logs are still available; he may show that an 'on time' delivery was impracticle or unsafe to attempt. At the very least he can make himself a real pain. Fight man FIGHT!
Old 10-25-2007, 03:38 PM
Rookie
Default Re: Is it true?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldrookie
If it a fact he was late then there is little that can be done. But as the employer has made it a matter of record, he might challenge them and ask them nicely for documentation. If they cannot or will not provide it; I think that may be grounds for removal of comment from the record. If they can provide documentation and logs are still available; he may show that an 'on time' delivery was impracticle or unsafe to attempt. At the very least he can make himself a real pain. Fight man FIGHT!
Agree. If the info is disputed with DAC and they cannot verify the info with the previous employer within 30 days, off it comes.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:51 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senorjhawk
Quote:
Agree. If the info is disputed with DAC and they cannot verify the info with the previous employer within 30 days, off it comes.
Might be a little off on this.

YOU have 30 days to dispute the info. A Problem may not arise for years but after thirty days its on the report forever.
Hence why its so difficult to obtain the report or to keep tabs on it.

Plus most companies will not ever tell you that it was something on your DAc that caused them to not hire you. They will just turn you down and give no reason. If they dont hire you becaue of info on a DAC THEY have to supply you with a copy of the info and jump through hoops allowing you time to dispute
Its far easier to just not return your calls or make up a different reason to not hire you.

Its a huge racket and a closed doors network.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:42 PM
Rookie
Default DAC report

Applying for work has gotten yo be a real pain. After I wrote that I mailed a request for my report. It took about 3 weeks. The fact that you have to mail for it at all tells me they don't want you to have it. I guess your only real defense is to periodically send off for it. That and suck up if you have a suck employer. The REAL answer is to get some experience and go to work for a GOOD company. In other words get out of the truckload end of the profession. There ARE better deals out there. You have to actively look for them.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:02 PM
Rookie

[quote="jamesinge"][quote="Senorjhawk"]
Quote:
If it a fact he was late then there is little that can be done. But as the employer has made it a matter of record, he might challenge them and ask them nicely for documentation. If they cannot or will not provide it; I think that may be grounds for removal of comment from the record. If they can provide documentation and logs are still available; he may show that an 'on time' delivery was impracticle or unsafe to attempt. At the very least he can make himself a real pain. Fight man FIGHT

Might be a little off on this.

YOU have 30 days to dispute the info. A Problem may not arise for years but after thirty days its on the report forever.
Hence why its so difficult to obtain the report or to keep tabs on it.
We may be saying the same thing, but just to make sure. Drivers may dispute any information on their report regardless of when it came to DAC or how long it's been there. Example: employer reports info to DAC Jan 2005, driver finds out Jan 2006, gets around to disputing in Jan 2007. DAC has 30 days from the day of receipt of the dispute to verify the info with the past employer. If they cannot do it. the information comes off, sometime in Feb of 2007. Incidentally, even if the information does not come off, drivers have the right to submit a rebuttal that provides their version of events.

Needless to say, and I think this was your point, the sooner you discover, dispute, correct or rebut infomration on the DAC, the better.