User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2007, 02:37 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Regardless of who was at fault, the driver and his company are the ones who will be sued and pay the piper. The truck driver is always assumed to be a fault, or so it seems. One or more lawsuits will be filed and the insurance company will settle before going to court, in most cases. The insurance company will settle rather than going to trial if they think it will be less expensive than fight.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:38 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by for4roses
greg ..... Come On ... you weren't there? .... Have you ever been in a truck accident? .. I have- back in 95' and NO it wasn't my fault.

People need to stop being so judgemental with others. Some of you think your perfect and have all the answers ... :roll: One day you will be in a spot ... and want others to belive you. I tell ya what - if you can tell me that You never speed or do anything wrong while driving or make any bad decisions ... then maybe I will listen.

Have a good day Mr Perfect's with all the power to judge others.
You're right I wasn't there. But a SUV going 75 doesn't come to a screaching halt when it runs out of gas.

The driver wasn't paying attention and was tailgating. Had he had been looking ahead and leaving proper distance in front, this would have never happened. He caused a really bad wreck with significant injuries. Anytime someone is airlifted, that usually means critical injuies.

Just because he's a "fellow driver" doesn't mean crap in my book. So no I don't feel sorry for him. It's guys like this that make us look bad.

Old 08-14-2007, 08:38 AM
Board Regular

I wasn't there, but I can kind of figure out how this happened.

The SUV ran out of gas more than likely in the hammer lane or middle lane and once it stalled tried to steer it to the left or right shoulder with no turn signals or 4-ways of course, because car's and trucks don't come equipped with those any more. And the SUV pulled in front of the T/T and the driver of the T/T didn't reconize that the SUV was stalled and coasting AKA losing speed rapidly, and by the time he got on the brakes it was too late and he had to pedal the brakes to try and stop.

There is ALWAYS more to an accident than "oh it's his/her fault because they did this wrong." Now this trucker is going to go through hell because some asshole didn't know how to read their fuel gauge.... stupidity kills....or it should any way.