User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2007, 01:22 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I thought this would happen, mention Micheal Moore's name in a sentence and all he@@ breaks loose. I'm not interested in the politics. I was just wanting to know if current drivers approve or disapprove their current insurance coverage plans. :roll:
Old 07-02-2007, 01:30 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Some carrier's have more than one plan from which to choose. Others may only have a single plan. If there is a carrier that you are interested you may just want to get in touch with their human resources department and ask them.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:03 AM

I believe for those that think that nationalized healthcare is a bad idea because the government would have control over it are sadly misinformed. Guess what the government already has control over our health system. The special interests and the PACS of the insurance industry and the lawyers have the politicians in their back pocket that enables the aforementioned joe lunchbucket who paid his insuranse for 15 years without so much as a er visit, who now needs a surgery, to be told sorry bout your luck, but we can't cover that. Our government is in the healthcare biz allright but on the wrong end of the spectrum. Insurance points fingers at the lawyers, lawyers point fingers at the doctors and insurance folks, don't be fooled they all laugh all the way to the bank and tee up on Wednesday morning.

Ah yes , but we have the greatest healthcare system in the world you say. Do a google search and find out for yourself where USA ranks in several catagories,for instance like infant mortality, it was about 18th last time I checked.

Don't get me wrong,I'm not knocking the Doctors,RN's,LPN's,or any other profession that got an education and are dedicated to helping folks and true heros, but nowadays an upper tier insurance exec ,or a higher up HCA with an MBA makes more than the medically knowledgeable folks who really deserve it.

If national healthcare sucks so bad, why are blue-collar Canadians coming down to thier winter aka second home here on the expensive West Coast of Florida and driving nice cars. Leave it to your imagination .
Old 07-02-2007, 04:18 AM

Oh and to answer your question 40 shortie, I wasn't in the trucking industry at the time but Blue cross/blue sheild was good insurance, on the dental they did exactly what they said they would, free xray free exam, free cleaning and if I spent a $1000 they would match it. Years later i had a about a $ 5000 surgery they covered every penny and at first I got a bill saying we cover the surgery but not the anesthisia because about the time I had the surgery they just changed thier rules. I explained that they never notified me of the coverage change and even though they really didn't have to pay they reimbursed me a couple months later for the anesethia charge.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:41 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripplecreek
I believe for those that think that nationalized healthcare is a bad idea because the government would have control over it are sadly misinformed. Guess what the government already has control over our health system. The special interests and the PACS of the insurance industry and the lawyers have the politicians in their back pocket that enables the aforementioned joe lunchbucket who paid his insuranse for 15 years without so much as a er visit, who now needs a surgery, to be told sorry bout your luck, but we can't cover that. Our government is in the healthcare biz allright but on the wrong end of the spectrum. Insurance points fingers at the lawyers, lawyers point fingers at the doctors and insurance folks, don't be fooled they all laugh all the way to the bank and tee up on Wednesday morning.

Ah yes , but we have the greatest healthcare system in the world you say. Do a google search and find out for yourself where USA ranks in several catagories,for instance like infant mortality, it was about 18th last time I checked.

Don't get me wrong,I'm not knocking the Doctors,RN's,LPN's,or any other profession that got an education and are dedicated to helping folks and true heros, but nowadays an upper tier insurance exec ,or a higher up HCA with an MBA makes more than the medically knowledgeable folks who really deserve it.

If national healthcare sucks so bad, why are blue-collar Canadians coming down to thier winter aka second home here on the expensive West Coast of Florida and driving nice cars. Leave it to your imagination .
Thee is a pretty good article about the Health care ranking at: http://greatdivide.typepad.com/acros...alth-care.html

kc0iv
Old 07-02-2007, 03:57 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by i40shortie
I thought this would happen, mention Micheal Moore's name in a sentence and all he@@ breaks loose. I'm not interested in the politics. I was just wanting to know if current drivers approve or disapprove their current insurance coverage plans. :roll:
There's a difference between the plan and the level of care. I am quite satisfied with my plan- we pay for Blue Cross Blue Shield and the coverage is excellent. That doesn't address, however, that we have had some questionable experiences with health care providers. IMO it's always best to get treatment near home and always at the same place.

My husband had a recurring problem and, being on the road, kept getting different diagnosis/treatment plans. Finally we found someone who knew what the heck he was talking about and fixed the problem. That has nothing to do with BCBS, though. They paid through the nose for everyone else's mis-diagnoses and we didn't.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:04 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitshifter
Work for a union company.

Teamster health, vision & dental benefits are awesome.
I sure is and it's free!

Old 07-03-2007, 03:44 AM
Senior Board Member

I work for a company that is "self-insuring" as are most in this industry, but what makes ours good is that it is managed by Blue Cross/Blue Shield of IL, and thus far....we are happy with it and how they pay the bills.

I know the prescription side of the coverage is excellent, and our family deductible is only $500.00...and I only pay $37.00 a week.

Some companies have more expensive and lousier coverage, and others may have less expensive and better coverage. Me, I think mine is above average, and satisfies my needs all the way around.

And yes, Teamsters Health Benefits are probably the best in the land!!

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 03-13-2021, 07:56 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripplecreek View Post

what good that government would have control if we are in an era of technology and we still have 30 people in line at the hospital just for information, not to mention medical tests ...
Old 04-28-2021, 07:50 AM
Rookie

I think countries whose governments have and support healthcare systems have fewer healthcare problems compared to those countries that don't have. It is so unfortunate that poor individuals, poor families suffer the most because their government don't have any healthcare system.