User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2007, 01:16 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default werner, need some answers

I have orientation set for Monday the 18th in Fontana, Cal. i live in reverside which is 10 miles away.
I'm most interested in a dedicated account home weekends.
the recruiter that I've been working with (Renee C.) has promised that I will get a regional 11 western state trainer from my area and do my hometime when he does. (how often is that?) and said if open i will get dedicated when training is done. if not i will do regional untill one is open. just get on the list at 1st day of orientation. when I've done my 275 hrs training we will be routed to the nearest terminal where i will do a road test. then have my choice of tractors, pete 387, fdl, kw w900, columbia, century. and if not available at that terminal, i will be bussed to a terminal that has the unit i picked. then have an option to have them outfit with accessories such as cb, tv, fridge ect. for a price of course. then get my 1st load homeward and be off 5 days before next load. also have the option to outfit it on those 5 days off myself.

any truths here?
Old 06-17-2007, 01:20 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I haven't heard of any carriers furnishing a TV or CB. There may be a few who do have electric coolers or refrigerators. I suggest talking with other drivers who have been with them for a while. Your best source of information about any company will come from current drivers.
Old 06-17-2007, 02:05 PM
Rookie
Default Re: werner, need some answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Dave
I have orientation set for Monday the 18th in Fontana, Cal. i live in reverside which is 10 miles away.
I'm most interested in a dedicated account home weekends.
the recruiter that I've been working with (Renee C.) has promised that I will get a regional 11 western state trainer from my area and do my hometime when he does. (how often is that?) and said if open i will get dedicated when training is done. if not i will do regional untill one is open. just get on the list at 1st day of orientation. when I've done my 275 hrs training we will be routed to the nearest terminal where i will do a road test. then have my choice of tractors, pete 387, fdl, kw w900, columbia, century. and if not available at that terminal, i will be bussed to a terminal that has the unit i picked. then have an option to have them outfit with accessories such as cb, tv, fridge ect. for a price of course. then get my 1st load homeward and be off 5 days before next load. also have the option to outfit it on those 5 days off myself.

any truths here?
Hello, this is fireman932003.....had to log into this using a different name due to a computer glitch. I drove for Werner for right at 5 yrs and was a trainer for them for a few yrs also. Werner does have many dedicated runs available. The 11 western regional is a good regional. As far as the recruiter basicly garunteeing you a western 11 trainer......they cant do that. You can tell them your preferences as far as the trainer you want but most of the time they are on a fist come first serve basis.But, if you do get a 11 western trainer count your blessings. Most regionals get home weekly. If the trainer lives near you, you can go home on hometime unless they tell you otherwise. If the trainer does not live near you then they will put you in a hotel for the weekend. As for the truck goes. They do have different types of trucks but from my experience, you do not get to pick what you want. They just give you what's available at that terminal at that time. Now, sometimes a rookie gets lucky and if they beg and pleed enough they can usualy get to pick from the trucks available at that terminal. I have never heard of them busing someone to go pick up a truck just because it is the one they want. Now, for the goodies in the truck. They do not supply CB's, TV's or fridges. You have to get those yourself and install them yourself. The only thing that can be "hardwired" into the truck is the CB. power inverters are not allowed in Werner trucks. Once your training is done they will route you and your trainer to the nearest terminal to do your finishing paperwork and road test. If you pass, you will be assigned a truck and a FM. They will do their best to route you home to get your belongings in your truck. If you stayed out the full training period with your trainer and didn't take the break in the middle then yes you will get to go home for the week. If you took the break, then you will get one or two days at home then back out. I hope this helps!
Old 06-17-2007, 02:58 PM
Rookie

if a power inverter is not allowed, how do you hook up the tv and fridge, guess i'll learn all this in orientation.

Dave
Old 06-17-2007, 03:09 PM

Quote:
if a power inverter is not allowed, how do you hook up the tv and fridge, guess i'll learn all this in orientation.

Dave
You could use a 12volt tv and a 12 volt cooler or you could use an inveter
for a laptop single plug maybe 75-100 watts plugs into cig lighter don't see
that as a problem for any company
Old 06-17-2007, 07:49 PM
Rookie

Quote:

Dave
You will have to use the ones that plug into the cigarette lighter. Werner allows ZERO power inverters. Not even the ones that plug into the lighters. They will fire you if one is found. I personally think that their policy on this has gone a little too far. I can understand the hard wired inverters but not the plug in ones.