User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2007, 06:07 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default New Class A Driver, getting a first job, nervous!!!

To begin, I got my Class A license two weeks ago, I passed everything the first time I took it and take pride in that. I am only 21 years old with obviously no experience. Yet I have gotten a few interviews that are very hopeful and only thing stopping me now is a drug test. I will tell you honestly that I am clean, I haven't smoked pot in almost 1 1/2 years and don't plan on to, I just wanted to try it at the time. I don't smoke, just drink occasionally(once every month - month 1/2).
But in each interview, which they both seemed VERY interested in me, they exaggerated the fact I have to pass the drug test. While I know for myself that I am clean and shouldn't have anything to worry about... i am VERY NERVOUS.
The job i'm really wanting is Kraft Inc., they seem like a great company who takes care of their employees. Also, it's also a good beginning for me. I really want this job, i'm very nervous because this is a HUGE step, in fac the biggest thing in my life that I feel like I can't mess up because this will open up many opportunities.

Here's my concerns: I know I haven't smoked in a long time but they say that they test for 9-12 months, which I know I haven't done anything but just really nervous. I have hair on my body which I've had for years and years(ie. armpit, arms, legs) and would that be detectable even if I haven't smoke din a very long time? Or does that type of thing fade.
I really want to know, i'm not trying to clean myself I just want someone to reassure me that I shouldn't have anything to worry about given that what I've said is true.

Also, sometimes I do have trouble sleeping, and I take this Tylenol product Simply Sleepy, I wanted to know if this would decrease my chances in passing the test or it's ok. Sometimes I have trouble sleeping and I have to get up early for the test and another interview and I really don't want to hurt my chances of passing the test which is more important. But if they do not affect the testing results it will be ver yhelpful and convenient because I can get a whole nights rest before my first few big days.

Thanks again for your time!
Old 05-20-2007, 08:41 AM
Senior Board Member

If what you posted is TRUE, then take a step back, take a deep breath, and relax. You will do fine.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:57 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

They are not going to spend the money on a hair test to detect that far back. They will do the simple pee test and that's it. If you haven't smoked for a few months your fine. Don't drink any of those masking drinks. That's a simple test they do also and if they find that they will probably disqualify you or do the more extensive test.

Come back here and tell us how it went.
Old 05-20-2007, 12:23 PM
Senior Board Member

Ya, theyll do a urine test that wont detect THC further out than a few weeks if youre moderately active. So dont worry about a thing- they just scare you because they dont wanna pay for another failed drug test, so they want you to get clean and then come back- or not test atall.

The sleeping pills wont be a problem for passing the physical (disclose them)- a dying man can pass that- But the pills can turn into a problem on the road. Try to get to where you dont use crap like that.
Old 05-20-2007, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One
Ya, theyll do a urine test that wont detect THC further out than a few weeks if youre moderately active.
Moderately active!!!!! Man, when I smoked back in the 70's I sat for hours with a package of Twinkies wondering how to open it.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:07 PM

Every company that I have looked at that took hair samples for drug tests stated 90 days. They will ask you if you are on any meds, just be sure to tell them about the sleeping aids.

Take RR's advice and relax, and good luck to you!
Old 05-20-2007, 08:50 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBooth
Quote:
Originally Posted by One
Ya, theyll do a urine test that wont detect THC further out than a few weeks if youre moderately active.
Moderately active!!!!! Man, when I smoked back in the 70's I sat for hours with a package of Twinkies wondering how to open it.
yeah, that's the problem with smokin' too much weed.... it can make you inadvertently starve yourself to death!! :lol: :wink:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:52 PM
Rookie

I agree take a deep deep breath and relax. You will be fine..
Old 05-20-2007, 09:43 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
If what you posted is TRUE, then take a step back, take a deep breath, and relax. You will do fine.
'Course on the other hand if what you've posted is FALSE and you look like a druggie, then that explains why they emphasized the drug test. :shock: :P :lol:

Relax and BOL!
Old 05-21-2007, 02:37 AM
Rookie

you guys are the best. Thanks a lot very much!!! I am now a little less nervous and more confident. I guess that scare tactic worked on me! But yeah... this is a step in the right direction for me and will probably be one of the best opportunities to get ahead in life on my own!!
Man thanks a lot guys you gusy really helped me out.
That's all I wanted to hear, thanks so much!!!
No the sleeping pills won't be for on the road, but before I get used to the schedule I really want to get a good nights rest.
I'm glad, thanks!! I'm meeting with Kraft again this weekend, then after that when I meet with them again i'll be hired!
Like i said, thanks a lot, i am very excited now, and i'll let you guys know how it went!