User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2007, 03:00 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Thanks for getting this thread back on subject, ben.... :lol:

The elevators in our office are slow.....I wish I was paid for waiting on them.
Our parking lots are really big and I have to park far away.....I wish I was paid for parking lot to office commute time.
The guy who sits beside me eats ice from our ice machine all day. I hardly use any ice from there......I should be paid a "ice consumption bonus"
Old 05-02-2007, 03:08 PM
Default Re: OTR Drivers deserve better PAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvan
Quote:
companies can't pull freight via India
That's always been my thinking too, but these days I can't say I really believe this business is immune from the effects of the economy either.

I watched our old product line go from 90% American to 90% imports to 100% imports, and kept thinking that even while all my friends in the factories were out of a job, at least I still had something to haul.

Now look at me. They still have something to haul, but I'm not hauling it anymore. Meanwhile I got out of the really rocky furniture industry and now I'm on the path to True Stability.
How is the furniture business rocky? Ashley furniture was a company i was considering. I would like to know if this is a bad idea.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:15 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

hmm, why do people bitch about this all the time. by the way cold frosty, 85 hours a week, cmon man?? let me see, i was a grocery store manager before i started driving...salaried position. so i drove an hour to work, did i get paid? i took an hour or so lunch every day, did i get paid? i had to go to meeting all the time..drive my own car to them, did i get paid? i had to go in at different hours...my time off, to deal with store problems, personel, etc, did i get paid? these all all in addition to the 55 hours i was scheduled to work...and also most salaried jobs are based on 45 hours a week, not 40. so why when i drive truck should i get paid to sit in traffic, eat, sleep, shit, shower, and shave. Is it because buster brown does? more power to them. why does any of this matter? it doesen't. i think people should be happy and blessed with what they have. or we can get greedy just like the automotive workers, or should i say former automotive workers. they got greedy and now some guy in mexico is doing there job...and i bet he is content with what he has. lets just price ouselves out of the market placew so we can all sit on the porch and bitch about the mexicans up here, stealing?? our work.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:23 PM
Senior Board Member

Oh man....I forgot about the most important one.
About every three months or so they mix things up around here and they make us switch cubicles. I have a lot of stuff, computers, a huge filing cabenet, books, shelves ect...........I should be paid cubicle relocation pay of .40 cpf (40 cents per foot).
Also I just remembered that Im typing on this message board while at work........I should be paid per keystroke for my messages.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:38 PM
Senior Board Member

I love it when company drivers brag about how they get paid for everything.

When it comes down to it, an independant or owner/op will always make more $ per all hours worked. Unless they don't know how to run a business.

It's ALL about making the most $ per hour worked, not getting paid for every little thing.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:05 PM
Senior Board Member

:roll: awww man here we go again. someone is gonna fix all our complaints for us whether they need fixin or not. if ya can't make it when others do, too f*%#@g bad. not my problem. the pay for any job is never enuff. suck it up and do a little more to make it work. i do not want an equal pay. if i bust my butt and you won't i want more. period.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:23 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdancer
Thanks for getting this thread back on subject, ben.... :lol:
I didn't read the previous posts I just jumped in, but glad to help get it back on track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh
I love it when company drivers brag about how they get paid for everything.
Hope your not directing that towards me, I have nothing to brag about. I work for a good company but I'm at the bottom and there are many other people on here making alot more than me, going to be a while till I can get a good run. I'm sure I'll get layed off again this winter and go work for a OTR outfit till I get called back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh
When it comes down to it, an independant or owner/op will always make more $ per all hours worked. Unless they don't know how to run a business. It's ALL about making the most $ per hour worked, not getting paid for every little thing.
Agree a %100!!!!! It's also about being happy with what your doing.

Old 05-03-2007, 08:11 PM
Senior Board Member

I get paid for every little thing i do a fill a time sheet out get paid by the hour. That is the #1 reason why i will not go OTR. i do every once in a while get on one of my OTR kicks but when i see 35cpm i get over it fast. Every one chooses there job so they cant bitch about it later.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 05-06-2007, 07:10 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: OTR Drivers deserve better PAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandits44x
How is the furniture business rocky? Ashley furniture was a company i was considering. I would like to know if this is a bad idea.
I don't think Ashley is a bad idea. I work for Action (Lane Furniture) and we lose a fair number of drivers to Ashley because Ashley doesn't bother with back-hauls the way we do.
I'm not leaving, though. Action and Ashley pay about the same and the Action yard is about two miles from my house.