User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2007, 04:27 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default surly not all co work like this

ok had to go to a swift term to get a sensor replaced to keep this pc of crap opti idle running so i don't either freeze or sweat to death. but at this point either one might be better than sitting here. got here fri 9am was told it would be sat before they could look at it ok i figured that anyway. well at 6 am sat they took trk inside after a hr they called me to the shop i thought great ready to rock and roll nottttttt did not have the part so for a $70 part been sitting way to long. they said hey no problem parts guy coming in they will have him go get one well notttttt he did not come in. they said yep, no problem they will call guess what nottttttt cummings not open i would have to wait till mon or tue most likely tue to get it fixed i said nope not making those big bucks ha ha ha sitting here. but wait cant get a pp with no trl none in the yd. so it just gets better. and its the weekend so i like i said at the top i hope not all co run so well i wonder sometimes how they get freight to where it has to go...
Old 03-31-2007, 06:14 PM
Board Regular

While I can't comment about Swift, my assessment about any issues with a carrier would be, that the bigger the business, the more issues you will have. You stop being an individual and become just a number. While they want to keep their trucks rolling, a smaller company will stand behind you and work with you when needed. They seem to realize the importance of keeping a good employee happy, much more than the mega carrier who will just go on to the next candidate if you are gone.

I work for a Company that imports food from Europe, we deliver our own product and have broker loads for back hauls. It is hard work, but they accommodate all of us when needed.
Old 03-31-2007, 07:08 PM
Senior Board Member

Our company is not like that. All our trucks are maintained by Penske and the local Freightliner dealer.
Mine did have a skipping/missing problem and it took three trips for them to find it, but they did. And now all is well.....next month - at 425,000 miles I'm going to have the windshield replaced. My oiginal is sandblasted.
Old 03-31-2007, 08:31 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: surly not all co work like this

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickstephens
ok had to go to a swift term to get a sensor replaced to keep this pc of crap opti idle running so i don't either freeze or sweat to death. but at this point either one might be better than sitting here. got here fri 9am was told it would be sat before they could look at it ok i figured that anyway. well at 6 am sat they took trk inside after a hr they called me to the shop i thought great ready to rock and roll nottttttt did not have the part so for a $70 part been sitting way to long. they said hey no problem parts guy coming in they will have him go get one well notttttt he did not come in. they said yep, no problem they will call guess what nottttttt cummings not open i would have to wait till mon or tue most likely tue to get it fixed i said nope not making those big bucks ha ha ha sitting here. but wait cant get a pp with no trl none in the yd. so it just gets better. and its the weekend so i like i said at the top i hope not all co run so well i wonder sometimes how they get freight to where it has to go...

why didnt they just give you one of the other 3 million pieces of crap they own?
Old 04-01-2007, 01:06 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredog
Quote:

why didnt they just give you one of the other 3 million pieces of crap they own?

Makes you wonder....doesn't it???

If Cyanide or I has a mechanical problem.....all we do is call an 800# for an outside service to find out where we can get a repair done...then "WE" the drivers authorize the repair. On a problem like yours, we would head for an International Dealer and get it fixed. We don't have to jump through the same hoops other people do. Seems a company like ours that hauls a good bit of Hazmat in tankers doesn't want their trucks sitting on the side of the road...

I would think that would have at least one wreck they could cannibalize :shock: 8)

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 04-01-2007, 03:07 AM

i agree i also asked if they knew if my trk had ever been wrecked as i have a loose wire harness and im burning up low beem on right side they just laughed and said every trk they have has been wrecked. pretty bad. o well on my way dn to albany ga and as i get closer to the south its getting hotter in the cab guess i will a full list of things to fix next home time.
Old 04-01-2007, 03:35 AM

Quote:
First of all im not sticking up for swift in any way... lol But I use to work on trucks myself and on weekends it is hard to get parts especially if the dealers are not open. And alot of people do not stock parts that they do not use all the time. I do know at swift you can call your dm not sure where you are out of and get a loaner truck to keep you rolling that is what I did sorta. Im guessing you where at decatur terminal when this happened my truck broke at the decatur terminal had to go to the volvo dealer. So I called my dm and they had a truck to be recovered so I did that if you don't ask or anything they WILL let you sit. Also in atlanta area there is plenty of local work. If you go to the window. Well best of luck to ya. :wink:
Old 04-01-2007, 11:31 AM

I hear ya Rick. I had very similar issues getting my truck repaired. On average I spent 1 day in the shop for every 6 rolling. Some of the Swift mechanics were very nice and helpful, others were contemptuous to say the least.
The final straw was when I was broke down in the Phoenix terminal for 5 days.
Good luck getting the breakdown pay as well, they hold onto them pennies like they're glued to their hands.
They say at 6 months you're supposed to get a new truck. I have not seen this to be the case. I firmly believe all those new Volvos you see at all the terminals are a tax write-off or something.
Old 04-07-2007, 09:13 PM
Senior Board Member

I always call ahead to schedule an appointment and see if the parts are in stock to avoid sitting.
Old 04-08-2007, 04:44 AM
Rookie

I guess those sensors for the opti-idles or icons, or whatever, go out all of the time. I'm surprised companies don't have those parts stocked full in a trailer for as much as they need to replace them, at least on Volvos. Mechanic said it's a regular replacement part. The frustrating part about Swift is, when you're sitting at the Phoenix term, waiting for truck repairs, you get to look over at all the brand-spank'n new trucks sitting there waiting for... what?