User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2007, 02:40 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatman
I'm willing to bet that you can find a company that will pay you 'training pay' (usually $350-$450/week) while you shake the rust off.
Depressing thought there. That's exactly what my training pay was 10 years ago. My (base) phone bill is double, my electric is about 30% higher, cable is 50% higher, gas for my fourwheeler is 150% higher, and even starting pay at Whacky World is up by $2 an hour compared with when I was there.

Yet training pay for a truck driver remains the same as it was 10 years ago. That's the worst part of this biz. The longer you work, the more feasible it becomes to earn the same money working double shifts at Burger King.
Old 04-07-2007, 02:48 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatman
I'm willing to bet that you can find a company that will pay you 'training pay' (usually $350-$450/week) while you shake the rust off.
Depressing thought there. That's exactly what my training pay was 10 years ago. My (base) phone bill is double, my electric is about 30% higher, cable is 50% higher, gas for my fourwheeler is 150% higher, and even starting pay at Whacky World is up by $2 an hour compared with when I was there.

Yet training pay for a truck driver remains the same as it was 10 years ago. That's the worst part of this biz. The longer you work, the more feasible it becomes to earn the same money working double shifts at Burger King.
I don't know about you, but for me the thrill of traveling on the open road is better than working 2 fast food jobs and sweating your ass off behind the grill with the manager over your shoulder. Been there, done that and hope I never have to go back to flipping frozen cow parts again.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:10 PM

Check with the organization where you got your license...sometimes they will give a refresher course for little to nothing. BOL