User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2006, 09:56 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

What a GREAT picture. I've saved it as my desktop.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:30 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Photo must have been taken in Northern Iraq up by Mosul I'm guessing. Don't have those types of trees down south.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:39 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NascarFan
By the way my little brother who is 16 wants to be in air force and he is anything but stupid.
That I can assure you..............we have the most highly educated Military in the history of our country today...........97.5% of Commissioned Officers" are College Graduates.........an extremely high percentage of enlisted are College Graduates or have been to college............below are the Demographics of TODAY'S military.

The Demographic Characteristics of U.S. Military Enlistment, 2003–2005 (click here)
Old 11-01-2006, 10:47 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardmore Farms Forever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
Josh, I remember 2800 BPS :shock:

I was on AOL 1.0 :shock: :shock:
Heck yea................28.8K...............I also remember when I bought a
Commodore 360" from a guy who made me think it would do everything except bake bread.
What do you mean 28.8K? I guess I must be a really old fart. I started before the Internet using BB and a smoking fast 300 baud.

First computer was Radio Shack TRS-model 80. BTW I still have that computer it has serial # 7. Had 4K memory and loaded it with a tape recorder. The good days.

Back on topic. Kerry is a joke. Plain and simply.

kc0iv
Old 11-01-2006, 11:25 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoopr
Photo must have been taken in Northern Iraq up by Mosul I'm guessing. Don't have those types of trees down south.
exactly what i was thinking
Old 11-02-2006, 03:42 AM
Board Regular

used the punch card system while i was in army finance in the 80's, think it was called "five card"or something like that, took about an hour to get a LES (leave and earnings statement) from Ft Ben Harrison to Germany on the old JUMPS computer monitor we had, but we thought it was magic back then sure beat waiting on snail mail. Wish we could deport Kerry and Kennedy to North Korea think it might correct their attitudes but then again based on their records they would probably feel right at home.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:18 AM
Senior Board Member

"You know, education. If you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, uh, you can do well, if you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."

The key word here is stuck.

Now, what if he had said:

"You know, education. If you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, uh, you can do well, if you don't, you get sent to Iraq."

Is there any difference? Any at all?

The second quote is an obvious slam against troops. The first is much more ambiguous and because of that, the scrum around him is in full force. If he wanted to demoralize the troops, wouldn't option two have been the better way to go?

And for the record, it was a stupid joke, just the like "2 birds" joke from the Bill Maher show a couple weeks ago. Kerry needs to stop trying to be funny.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:55 AM
Board Regular

He was talking about Bush, get over it. Maybe Bush needs to apologize to the troops for sending them into that shithole with no real plan to win anything. Please Mr. President, tell us why our military has been turned into a police force for a country that doesn't even want us there. I guarantee that when we leave Iraq it's going to be a Muslim state no matter what we do. As far as the terrorist coming here, I didn't know camels could swim! I'm sure glad we got all of those weapons of mass destruction too, I couldn't belive how much was there:lol:

I have no party affiliation, but this president sucks!!
Old 11-02-2006, 07:25 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kintama
He was talking about Bush, get over it. Maybe Bush needs to apologize to the troops for sending them into that shithole with no real plan to win anything. Please Mr. President, tell us why our military has been turned into a police force for a country that doesn't even want us there. I guarantee that when we leave Iraq it's going to be a Muslim state no matter what we do. As far as the terrorist coming here, I didn't know camels could swim! I'm sure glad we got all of those weapons of mass destruction too, I couldn't belive how much was there:lol:

Yeah I don't like either... Bush or Kerry . I don't believe Kerry would use insults to our troops to further his political career ,So I would have to believe he was attempting to slam Bush with that statement ,But just like when a person tells a joke wrong and screws up the delivery ...he just looked stupid ,as I don't think to many people got where he was attempting to go with that statement . Bush has done this to himself a few times ,but if you are using the troops in the bashing you better make sure the public understands your joke ,or you will be looking stupid for awhile . Oh well they both suck one would suck as president ,and the other one does suck as president .
Old 11-02-2006, 07:32 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kintama

Well, I must say. You have used enough keywords in your post to draw the attention of the Internet police. Nothing bad but I'm sure someone will be reading this post now!!