User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2006, 12:49 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimland
Hey AFF I had hernia surgery twice, The second time was for continuas pain, and Now I have NERVE damage, and the Worst kind, Inguinial Nerve Damage. Soo be carful! And if you have continuas pain after surgery it is probly nerve's trapped in scare tissue, etc.
I REALLY wish you hadn't posted. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Slim................but, I must fess up, I am a full-blown WUSS...........I hate even having blood drawn...........much less having my body cut............thanks for the heads-up.

I was joking about wishing you hadn't posted. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh yea............my company RUSHED the workman's comp through.............all I need to do is take a drug test in the AM and fill out an accident report................my company owner is awesome, he came up to me this morning with his checkbook in hand........asked if I needed any money, no matter how much it was, he'd write me a check right there......even offered to pay my $2900.00 for me..............I just couldn't take any money from him, I said "No thanks"........that's why I love working for this company...............I've not really had that many bosses in my life, me and authority figures do not get along well..........but, this man is a class act as a human being......I have nothing but respect for him.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:14 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardmore Farms Forever
Quote:
Hey AFF I had hernia surgery twice, The second time was for continuas pain, and Now I have NERVE damage, and the Worst kind, Inguinial Nerve Damage. Soo be carful! And if you have continuas pain after surgery it is probly nerve's trapped in scare tissue, etc.
I REALLY wish you hadn't posted. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Slim................but, I must fess up, I am a full-blown WUSS...........I hate even having blood drawn...........much less having my body cut............thanks for the heads-up.

I was joking about wishing you hadn't posted. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh yea............my company RUSHED the workman's comp through.............all I need to do is take a drug test in the AM and fill out an accident report................my company owner is awesome, he came up to me this morning with his checkbook in hand........asked if I needed any money, no matter how much it was, he'd write me a check right there......even offered to pay my $2900.00 for me..............I just couldn't take any money from him, I said "No thanks"........that's why I love working for this company...............I've not really had that many bosses in my life, me and authority figures do not get along well..........but, this man is a class act as a human being......I have nothing but respect for him.

What side was it on? Left or Right?

I am not trying to make you nervious just cascious, because this has realy screwed me up. I went from pushing pallets of 1500 to 3000 pounds, and 500 pound drums, to not being able to lift over 30 pounds and pushing or pulling more than 60. Not that I am not able, but the pain wont let me...
Now you must realize I am in a 5%, "Go figure" Most people Normal People have no problems after hernia surgery.

Just remmember, DONT PISS OFF THE SURGEON :lol: :lol:
Or the Anastesiologist :lol: :lol:

TRUST ME!!

My first surgery was Nothing but Women, and I told them "THis is not right" Now look where I am, I swear they used a chisle on my pubic bone.
The second, I told the Anastesiologist that I like the other one better, He didn't think it was funny, so I ended up with a sore throat and pissing fire, form the cathader. ops:

So dont Piss them off.

:lol:
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 11-01-2006, 01:38 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
I ended up with a sore throat and pissing fire, form the cathader. ops:
WTF................................there is NO way in Hell I am going to let them insert a Cathader in my PP :lol: :lol:.................I'd rather have the GD Hernia.........Homey, don't play that game. ops: ops: ops: ops: ops:

Oh yea.......right side.
Old 11-01-2006, 02:14 AM
Senior Board Member

MY dad had 3 back surgeries and I know a lil about the Workman's comp thing.

First off, get a lawyer. Do you like being on the backburner? If not, then get a lawyer. Workman's comp will cooperate and settle quicker, a LOT quicker.

Second, you shouldn't have to pay a dime. If I remember correctly, you're a company driver? The only reason you were picking up a piece of freight was because you were on the clock. The employer is liable.

Best of luck on the surgery. With such a common surgery you'll be fine....but NO drugs?? :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8) 8)
Old 11-01-2006, 02:59 AM

Hey Ardmore, if they are trying to sell you on the cathider, ask them to put in in during surgery. It only hurts going in (holy crap! :shock: ), but coming out it dosn't hurt at all. Seriously, cause if you get up after surgery and can't pee, they'll be jamin' that thing in pretty quick. I used to work in a hospital as a Nursing Assistant, and used to have to assist in putting them in (no thanks!). But people that had them put in after getting knocked out for surgery were much much happier with that choice. Good luck and get well soon!

West_Coaster
Old 11-01-2006, 04:03 AM
Senior Board Member

When I was huge into bmx I crashed on a 26 foot double in the woods and ripped my nutsack and saw my nuts. I didn't get a catheder :lol: Same when I had my broken arm operated 3 separate surgeries (yes, bmx related) 8)
Old 11-01-2006, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditsCousin
When I was huge into bmx I crashed on a 26 foot double in the woods and ripped my nutsack and saw my nuts. I didn't get a catheder :lol: Same when I had my broken arm operated 3 separate surgeries (yes, bmx related) 8)
Thats pretty rough to actually see your nuts. OUCH!!
Old 11-01-2006, 05:15 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

On the insurance issue...
When my wife had cancer, she went through the surgery with Blue Cross, and had a $3,000 annual cap. That was in Nov. of 01. For New Years, they switched to Humana with straight 80% coverage, and we're still paying for the radiation and chemo. Doesn't sound like your coverage is any better.

I hate insurance companies. They continually want more money, and MORE MONEY, but when it comes to paying, they have several "BANKS" of attorneys to tell then how they can get out of paying the claim. Good luck to you.

Old 11-01-2006, 06:24 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamster
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBooth
Join the Small Business Association and get Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO and never see a bill in your life, go to any doctor you feel like without a referral.
The only insurance to have!
Yeah but what is the cost for family coverage.
I don't know about family. I pay $378 per month and I would bet family would be over $500. I don't have any caps on what can be spent in one year. The only bill I ever got was for like $178 when I had surgery on both knees at a cost of over $12,000 and I wanted a private room.
Old 11-01-2006, 07:01 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crete_drvr
Anyone know if Mutual of Omaha is any good?
Wild Kingdom! I remember that show. Jim Fowler,and that old man that stood beside that painting,describing what all they were doing for that show. It was fun watching that. :P