User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2006, 09:58 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Swift Trucks and Home

I was curious as I will be told yea or nea on this one during orientation, but If you live a considerable amount of miles from the nearest terminal, can you take your truck home? My home is Cincinatti OH. I dont have a car, as I havent needed one as I lived in NYC for a little bit.
Old 10-25-2006, 01:10 PM

im guessing you are out of Columbus Term. I am also and live about 3 hours from there myself and I drive the truck and normally an empty trl home also. Sometimes go home under a load. But yeah they let you take the truck home. Good Luck
Old 10-25-2006, 07:32 PM
Senior Board Member

I wouldn't have taken my truck home even if I could. Stevens didn't let us take our trucks home (unless we had property with a high fence, etc.) and provided a lot for us to park. I had no place to park my truck except in the street. I've had my cars burglarized in the past and the last thing I needed was some crackhead busting into my bobtail while I was at home and start ripping things out that he though he could pawn (CB, TV, tape radio, qualcomm, etc.). :lol: