User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2006, 04:33 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I have driven mack cl700 and now in a 06 ch600 with fuller 10 speeds the reason you cannot shift into to 1st is the lo-lo gears a to be used in off road or soft ground and not used on the main road. I have hardly ever used the low gear except in mud. Been driving for 8 years. should be able to take off in 1st gear, i haul 78,000 to 81,000 lbs take off in 2nd or 3rd most of the time.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:09 AM
Rookie

is the fuller 10 speed the same as the mack 10 speed? I heard of a 10 speed where you split each gear. That would make a huge difference in my situation. If I have a full load truck and pony there is no way I can start in first on a hill, unless I were to rev it up a bit and start dumping the clutch, which is a deffinate no-no. Now when Im on flat ground fully loaded I can start off in first no problem at all. I love this truck the way it handles and hauls once youre moving. the only thing I hate is this dreaded shift to first because 9 out of 10 times it wont pull once the shift is made and your back into lo. I tried different ways of doing this shift this weekend and it still wont work. Im starting to think the truck is just not geared right for the hills and the weight we haul. Most trucks should with any load pull in first shouldnt they? Maybe the clutch needs adjustment or replacing? The boss said the clutch was done once already, and the truck only has 300,000kms.