Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Food & Health (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/food-health-30/)
-   -   Kat's Lazagna (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/food-health/28932-kats-lazagna.html)

wildkat 08-13-2007 12:42 AM

Kat's Lazagna

This a very favorite & much requested in our home...hope you enjoy it. This freezes well & is 100 times better the second day. The batch is HUGE, but no worries about leftovers, there won't be any :-)

Ingredients:

1 1/2 lbs ground beef...browned & drained
1 large onion chopped
1 1lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
garlic, fresh, 3 to 4 cloves chopped or powdered or canned, use a much as you like, the more the better
Italian seasoning, I use Club House Spicy, again as much as you like, 4 to 5 tbsp or more
1 Large can diced tomatoes, juice & all
3 large cans (28 oz) spaghetti sauce
2 lbs grated mozzerella cheese
Lazagna noodle, UNCOOKED

Method:
Brown beef in large heavy pot, drain. Add onion, mushrooms & spices. Cook over med heat for 5 minutes, add tomatoes & spaghetti sauce. Cook over med-low heat for up to 1 hour, stir often.

In a large heavy baking pan put a small amount of sauce on bottom of pan to prevent sticking & starting with UNCOOKED noodles, layer noodles sauce, cheese (don't be afraid to use lots of cheese :-) ) until pan is full, end with cheese.

Bake uncovered for 45 minutes, until cheese is golden & sauce is bubbling. Remove from oven & let stand at least 10 minutes. DO NOT omit this step or the lazagna will not set.

GTR SILVER 11-03-2007 04:38 AM

sounds good :wink: :wink:

wildkat 11-03-2007 11:41 AM

It is, my family loves it! :D :D

superdave9 11-14-2007 03:42 AM

Don't mean to "jack the thread" but wildkat's recipe sounds good, although I mix sausage with the beef. Also, MUST have ricotta in it. Mix with mozzerella and parmesean/romano cheese kicks it up a notch. For another notch, get some fresh basil, mama mia. :D

BigSlim 12-03-2007 02:51 AM

Kat's Lazagna

:?: Wildkat, this sounds great @ home, but how am I to cook this in my truck on the road? Would I need a supertruck, the one with a refrig. or micro. in it? let me know. :

wildkat 12-03-2007 06:39 AM

Re: Kat's Lazagna

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigSlim
:?: Wildkat, this sounds great @ home, but how am I to cook this in my truck on the road? Would I need a supertruck, the one with a refrig. or micro. in it? let me know. :

Actually alll you really need is one of those lunchbox ovens...make it smaller or make small portions at home & reheat. If you use the lunchbox oven it will just take longer to cook, about 2 hours if I remember right...till the noodles poke soft... :D I've mixed up a batch for the lb oven & just put it on in the afternoon & it was ready for supper...