Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Food & Health (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/food-health-30/)
-   -   Smoked Squirel (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/food-health/28119-smoked-squirel.html)

KATMANN 07-08-2007 06:59 AM

Smoked Squirel

Does anyone have a good receipe??? Is there such a thing??

A driver told me it was good... I think he is full of crap..

Sabine 07-08-2007 12:54 PM

Yuck.....Squirrel, possum, beaver, raccoon...Not much of a carnivore anyhow, but those things give me the heebeejeebees.

And no one please tell me where meat comes from, I know where, the grocery store.

Fredog 07-08-2007 02:41 PM

Re: Smoked Squirel

Quote:

Originally Posted by KATMANN

BLACK FOREST SMOKED SQUIRREL

Squirrels, cut into pieces
1 c. water
1 c. red wine
1/4 c. salt
4 tbsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 tbsp. monosodium glutamate

Marinate squirrel pieces in mixture of rest of above ingredients for 12 to 16 hours in non-metal container. If the squirrels are not covered, mix up more brine. After marinating, drain squirrel pieces on paper toweling. Place on cookie sheet to air dry for 1 to 2 hours.

Place pieces on oiled racks in electric smoker for 2 hours (2 pans of sawdust). Finish the squirrel in 225 degree oven, basting twice with butter for 2 hours. (I often make a pate out of smoked squirrel by grinding the boneless meat, mixing with an equal amount of softened butter and moistening with 1 to 2 tablespoons of brandy. Serve with crackers.)

mapleleaf_1 07-08-2007 07:44 PM

O.K. over the years I've eaten some different foods and usually when I check out the recipes on this board it makes my mouth water, but not now. I think I've just lost my appetite for a while. YUCK!!

Ridge Runner 07-08-2007 08:55 PM

I was going to try to smoke a squirrel once but I couldn't find any papers big enough. :? :wink:

Fredog 07-08-2007 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
I was going to try to smoke a squirrel once but I couldn't find any papers big enough. :? :wink:

wonder if it tastes like chicken

ladykatrina 07-29-2007 09:30 PM

LMAO!..smoked squirrel? sounds delish...and probably an urban legend too.. :P

KATMANN 07-31-2007 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredog
Quote:

1 c. water
1 c. red wine
1/4 c. salt
4 tbsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. minced garlic

Marinate squirrel pieces in mixture of rest of above ingredients for 12 to 16 hours in non-metal container. If the squirrels are not covered, mix up more brine. After marinating, drain squirrel pieces on paper toweling. Place on cookie sheet to air dry for 1 to 2 hours.

Place pieces on oiled racks in electric smoker for 2 hours (2 pans of sawdust). Finish the squirrel in 225 degree oven, basting twice with butter for 2 hours. (I often make a pate out of smoked squirrel by grinding the boneless meat, mixing with an equal amount of softened butter and moistening with 1 to 2 tablespoons of brandy. Serve with crackers.)

I just KNEW someone would post a receipe.......... :D

Fredog 08-18-2007 01:34 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredog
Quote:

1 c. water
1 c. red wine
1/4 c. salt
4 tbsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. minced garlic

I just KNEW someone would post a receipe.......... :D

you can always count on me :lol:

BiGG T33 08-30-2007 05:25 PM

Squirrel is decent..i used to squirrel hunt all the time ....so i smoked quite a few!
Recipe
Mossberg 12 Guage
Shells for Mossberg 12 guage

:)