User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2010, 01:43 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default Strawberry Harvest

mmmmmmm fresh strawberries! :thumbsup:

One of my favorites, and I've made a ritual of each year getting a 2 gal. pail of fresh berries, and eat them everyday until they are gone. Some years I've even made strawberry pie.
But I'll mostly eat them plain. I'll cut up about half and mix them with sugar, and eat them with those sweet shortcakes fruit cups you always see in the stores this time of year.

I use to live right next door to a stawberry field, and my Farmer neighbor told me to help myself to all I wanted. I took wide eyed advantage of that offer. I had a yellow lab at that time. He would follow me as I went up a strawberry row, and I'd eat a berry and pass one to him.

He'd gobble his faster than me...as I liked to savor them more. He'd nudge me to say...come on... so I told him...to get his own. He did just that. He just started picking his own. (dang mutt) :lol:

I use to haul for a local fruit processing plant. They do all the local fruit, but specialize mostly in strawberries and cherries. I go there every year to buy the fresh picked ripe berries. This year they are selling at $1.30 per pound.

Old 07-24-2011, 01:36 AM
Senior Board Member
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up

Good stuff amigo! The harvest down here wasnt much to speak of, maybe nxt year well have us real stRAWBERRY festival, c'mon!
Old 09-29-2014, 03:21 PM
Rookie

It's apple picking season where I am!! Went to the grocery store this weekend to pick up some strawberries, though, and you could definitely tell they were out of season haha. Small and not as sweet as usual :P
Old 09-29-2014, 07:40 PM
Senior Board Member

girls food hog and Jeremy ,get a kiwi fruit into you they a day ahead of you fellas so never be out of season,haha