User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2011, 02:34 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default anyone else do this?

lately i've been feeling like garbage. i'm gaining weight and just feel overall bad. i wish i could go to the gym 4-5 days a week but.. well it cant happen. so, starting tomorrow while i get unloaded/loaded i'm going to non stop walk outside. even if its in circles the way i figure it walking 20 min or so is roughly a mile. do that 2 times a day 2 miles not too bad! anyone else?

oh also.. if you use alot of sugar.. ween yourself off dont do a crash no sugar diet.. its brutal lol
Old 11-13-2011, 11:56 AM
Senior Board Member

I never had a problem with my weight until my thyroid had to be irradiated and destroyed a few years ago. Since then, it has been a constant struggle to not gain weight. I bought the below portable stepper a couple years ago. It may be a bit pricy (though $100 less now than when I bought it), but it’s light-weight, very portable and virtually indestructible. It’s great for a quick workout when the weather is less than optimal for walking outside.

Amazon.com: Xiser Commercial Portable Stepper: Sports & Outdoors
Old 11-14-2011, 02:08 PM

Thats one of the many problems with driving a truck for a living! All you do is sit and steer. Your not alone, I too have a weight issue, but mine, in part is due to some of the medications I take, they make you gain weight. I also have a sweet tooth for sugar, coke, cake, snacks etc. the one thing that has helped is to replace the sweet snacks with fruit, every truck stop now carries bananas and apples, and I try not to eat snacks at all if I can help it.

I also park as far away from the truck stop restaurant as I can forcing me to walk more because walking is great exercise. Now I will take a bicycle with me as well for when I am on my break and ride it around. Its better than walking and less problems for your knees than walking can be. I also have tried to cut out the cokes I drink, usually its for the caffeine because I dont do coffee. hang in there, your certainly not alone, have you looked at some of the guys walking in and out of the truck stops? Many have weight issues, I guess thats why so many truck stops offer lean meals on there menu's, I try to eat lean cuisines while I am out on the road just to cut back on some calories, and they are easy to heat up in the micro wave. (Saves you a ton of money too!)

Good luck!
Just an old school trucker, these kids today don't know how good they have it! Power steering, a/c, air ride cabs and trailers, air ride seats! I did not have any of these things when I started driving.
Drive an old Mack, White or GMC then tell me how good a driver you are!issedoff: :bow::lol2: Don't even get me started on backing in to a dock!ops:

Instigator!~
Old 11-14-2011, 03:17 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I'm one of those trucker's whose finally reached the point, I can be as fat, bald and stupid as I want...
and no one is putting pressure on me to do better.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:14 PM

I try to stay away from too much bread and carbs and more protein. Main thing i have learned is eat all 3 meals with like beef jerky, etc. in between. Little snacks between meals helps keep metabolism up. Add some b vitamins in the mix keeps energy levels up and helps keeps toxins moving out.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:49 PM
Board Icon

I used to think about things like that. Then, I remembered something I heard a long, long time ago.....

Don't take life too seriously... You'll never get out of it alive...

No matter what I eat or do, I won't live forever. So, I may as well enjoy myself.