User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2007, 07:08 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default high bp and colestoral, need some ideas

hey all, I am haveing a problem with High bp, my last reading was 180/119 and high colesterol, last reading was like 360. Does anyone have any recipies, ideas, websites that can help me fix up some good foods for my condition, thx.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:13 AM

You might check out www.otrchef.com . He as some basic ideas for eating on the road. BOL and work hard at getting it down for you and your family!

Old 03-19-2007, 11:50 AM
Rookie
Default Re: high bp and colestoral, need some ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeshock
hey all, I am haveing a problem with High bp, my last reading was 180/119 and high colesterol, last reading was like 360. Does anyone have any recipies, ideas, websites that can help me fix up some good foods for my condition, thx.
Two tips for you - Olive oil, specifically extra virgin. The cold pressing extracts more of the good cholesterol which actually "fights with" and reduces the bad cholesterol. Nutritionists call it LDL and HDL, but I forget which is which. At any rate, get rid of all your other cooking oils and switch. Doctors even recommend drinking down a spoonful per day like medicine but I say just cook with extra virgin olive oil. IF not available, regular olive oil still reduces cholesterol levels, just not as much.

Fish oil also has the same effect. You can eat fish or take fish oil in supplement form. Either works. IF eating fish from a box, remove the breading. That stuff is death coating and absorbs a boatload of the cheapest and worst oils known to man.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:35 PM
Senior Board Member

sounds dumb but stop eating all the junk food, that will help some and realy stop eating SALT that will help with the high BP..

btw how do you still have a cdl with BP that high...!
Old 03-19-2007, 03:34 PM
Rookie
Default BP, etc.

All good advice from the other posters. First of all, see the doctor! You obviously know these number are too high. No salt, and that includes all the food that we have out there with high sodium. Just avoid it. Eat fruit, low sodium bagels, no white bread. Gradually increase your cardio exercise. This is the BEST way to lower BP and you will see it immediately. Do NOT trust the BP machines that are around. Buy a good cuff and calibrate it with a doctors machine. Cholesterol is all about diet and exercise too, but you need to get that BP under control too. Nothing wrong with meds either, but you gotta do all this stuff. Some cholesterol drugs make you sore, but others do not. My total Chol. went from 210 to 111 in a year. BP from 180/100 to avg of 117/67 nowadays. In the process, my weight went from 194 to 172. I'm in nearly as good a shape as I was in the Army 35 years ago. Now that things are where they need to be, I eat a steak, hamburger and things occasionally. I know this: no person could tell me to do these things; it took a long time for me to decide. I never thought it would be worth it, but it is. Good luck and again, seek advice of a medical professional. (all kinds of tricks I've found to eat what I like.....e.g. sprinkle bacon bits in my eggs vs. eating 4 or 5 strips)
Old 03-19-2007, 04:14 PM
Senior Board Member

Eat lots of fresh fruits and veggies, and avoid drenching them in butter and sauces.

Fish oil capsules, take 4-6 per day will help a lot. Also eat whole grain breads, cereals, etc.

Check the product labels on food you buy.

Avoid beef. Even the very lean stuff has lots of cholesterol in it.

Take potasium (sp) supplements per the directions on the bottle, will help with the BP.

Be careful of high sodium foods. A real BP killer.

Excercise will do wonders for both. At least 30 minutes 4-5 days a week. Get your heart rate up above what it is during normal walking.
Old 03-24-2007, 05:29 PM
Rookie

A little over a yr ago I had a pre-dot physical with my private doctor who practices holistic medicine. My BP was well into stage 2, my Cholesterol was 275 and I was borderline diabetic. I was showing symptoms of the onset of sleep apnea; I had been getting kidney stones; my arthritis was really getting worse and I was 102 lbs over the desire weight for my height.

Since I was coming up for a DOT physical in two weeks we took drastic measures that still avoided prescription.

1. I ate celery as a snack as often as I could. It is a natural diuretic.
2. While home I made a huge pot of leek soup using a skinned whole chicken, water, unsalted broth, carrots and any veggies. Leeks are a great diuretic and full of iron. The soup was filling and I ate it til full. Throw lots of herbs and garlic in.
3. I ceased eating read meat, pork, sausages, bacon, all dairy (except low fat activia yogurt) for that two weeks.
4.I took 2 regular strength aspirin every morning with food and 2 more in the evening with dinner. This thins your blood out, taking pressure off your arteries.
5. I took Lycopene 4 gel caps a day. Lycopene is found in tomatoes. It is a rich antioxidant and has been found to lower your blood pressure and cholesterol in two weeks.
6. Take a high potency multi-vitamin. Your body needs all the help it can to heal.
7. I took a cinnamon tablet with each meal. The JAMA magazine reported that 1/4 tsp of cinnamon taken daily for 40 days drastically lowered sugar levels and cholesterol in test subjects.
8. I drank .5 oz of water per lb of my weight each day. The benifits are countless. Your bowels will get regulated, your kidneys will get the fluid they need to expell stones and toxins, your blood pressure will drop as a result of taking a diuretic and flushing out your body. Make part of that water a lemonade made of 1/2 cup lemon to 7 cups water and sweeten with Stevia or Splenda both found at Walmart. Also alternate some Diet Green Tea by Arizona Tea company. They due not pump tons of artificial additives and salts into theirs and they use splenda to sweeten. You can get Gallons jugs at supermarkets. Green Tea has tons of disease fitting antioxidants, natural diuretic.
9. Stop drinking diet sodas. Read contents of sodium on everything. Diet soda is killer in salts.
10. Reduce how much caffiene you take in, it wrecks havoc on BP.
11. I took two Sennakot tablets in evening. It is a natural fiber laxative. The more fiber you take in the better your body will expell waste and your will lose weight and fell tons better.

To eat, I concentrated on homemade soup or taking along roasted chicken. I cut down and eventually elemenated all bread, proccessed foods, all wheat products and potatoes. I rarely eat rice or corn products and only if low or free of salts.
I eat beans and chili often and substitute beans for potatoes due to the high fibre and protien in them.
I avoided all products that show Sugar, High Fructose corn syrup, partially hydrogented oils or enriched flour, salt. These are killing us.
In truck stops I order a grilled meat and then substitute all the potatoes and breads with any vegetable and sliced tomatoes. I carry a mixed dressing I make from olive oil, balsamic vinegar and a pinch of sea salt (sea salt is best) and dried herbs. I use this dressing on salads and carry Stevia Sweetener for when I order a plain ice tea.

Two weeks of this regimen and my BP was perfectly normal, my cholesterol was dead on healthy range, my sugars were normal and I felt great. Slept through the night rested. As of today I have lost over 68 lbs, have healthy blood work ups, and rarely feel joint pain. I must say I have involved Bowel cleansings, liver cleanses and and deworming (yeah, gross) and the results of those processes brought maximum results. My next step is getting a hormone work up and using bio-natural hormone cream to get my levels to a healthy level.

Go to curezone.com and spend time for yourself researching all that is available. I believe there is a cure put on this Earth by God for virtually every disease we suffer from. Good luck, let me know if I can be of anymore assistance.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:50 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flood
sounds dumb but stop eating all the junk food, that will help some and realy stop eating SALT that will help with the high BP..

btw how do you still have a cdl with BP that high...!
Thnx, I don't eat much salt. I am curently on the meds and my bp has droped down to 140/90 still high but much more managable. As far as why I have a CDL my BP was 120/80 or something like that when I took my DOT physical
Old 06-21-2007, 01:15 AM
Rookie