Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Family Support Forum (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/family-support-forum-14/)
-   -   seperate or joint (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/family-support-forum/24137-seperate-joint.html)

SIR CHARLES 01-22-2007 10:35 PM

seperate or joint

Hello to everyone out there! I have a few thoughts and wanted n-e and everyone's 2 cents. I know that as a trucker that you will have your ups and downs, that's just how life is. Should a Trucker have a seperate account from there spouse? who's 2 blame if you get cleaned out??? Yours ,theirs or both. It may sound crazy but I'm sure it happened.

Mars 01-22-2007 10:48 PM

Re: seperate or joint

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIR CHARLES
Hello to everyone out there! I have a few thoughts and wanted n-e and everyone's 2 cents. I know that as a trucker that you will have your ups and downs, that's just how life is. Should a Trucker have a seperate account from there spouse? who's 2 blame if you get cleaned out??? Yours ,theirs or both. It may sound crazy but I'm sure it happened.

Need more info, why would you get cleaned out?

shyykatt 01-22-2007 11:30 PM

Um, yeah- if UR worried about it, get a separate one.

SIR CHARLES 01-23-2007 12:56 AM

Re: seperate or joint

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mars
Quote:

Originally Posted by SIR CHARLES

Need more info, why would you get cleaned out?

I was just curios because i've seen this happen in the military. Some people just don't have good money managing skills i supose.

mapleleaf_1 01-23-2007 02:47 AM

I do have a separate account. Actually I have 2 of them. One is for my paycheque direct deposit. The other is a savings account. It's not because I'm worried about being cleaned out by my hubby, it's there so when I want to buy presents for him for Christmas, birthday or anniversary or whenever I don't have to worry about him seeing how much I spent or where I bought them. He has a savings account also for the same reasons. We still maintain a joint chequings account for our monthly bills and groceries. Drive safe everyone. :)

P.S. Yes I know some of you might think I spelled the words paycheque and chequings wrong, but I didn't. I am after all Canadian and that's the way we spell it. LOL

BookBimbo 01-23-2007 03:27 PM

We have two joint checking accounts, both with savings linked to them. Although they're joint accounts, we call them mine and his to make things simpler. Since I'm around to deal with things, our paychecks get deposited to my account. I transfer money to my savings and his checking account, and pay the bills out of my account.

We do this because it's easier. He knows how much he has to spend. I keep money in his savings account for overdrafts, and larger impulse purchases. No more having him look at the checking account, seeing what he thinks is extra money, and spending it, when I've already written a check spending that money, it just hasn't cleared.

lnichols 01-25-2007 04:28 PM

We just have one savings and one checking in both our names - we both know what we can spend weekly and stick to it - sometimes he doesn't, if he has a layover somewhere, or an emergency, I guess I don't worry about him cleaning us out - it's our money after all and if he needs it he needs it, but no one touches the savings, that's there for when freight is slow or he breaks down.

BanditsCousin 02-02-2007 09:36 PM

Its good to have different acounts for business reasons, as stated above.

But if trust is an issue, you might as well have a pre-nup too :wink:

crankyazz 02-16-2007 05:25 PM

re

well who is better with money? if your wife is trust worthy she should have access, what if an emergency occurs?

hubbysontheroad 02-28-2007 03:10 PM

We have 3 accounts; a joint checking account, a money market account for emergencies, and an account just for him. 15% of his net goes into his account and that is for his expenses on the road. At the end of the year, we have a record of all his expenses on his bank statement...easier than reciepts. The joint checking account is for household expenses and then the mm account is there in case of an emergency (car broke down, whatever). It works for us.