User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2014, 11:35 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Its Funny How times they change

I remember joining this sight to help me cope with my husband driving. I remember all the support I got. (thank you all whoever you were). Since then went to school got a job and then a better job. In my mind I sacrificed for my husband so he could realize his dream or career. Being the single mom, while the kids were young. Being constant support and the rock that allowed him to drive and not worry about us too much. Only a few short years later, I thought it was my turn. I figured out how to get my education with little economic impact on my family. I raised my boys, I was a young mom. I wanted to find something that utilized my talents and strengths, while helping to provide for my children. He can say he was the 'provider' the truth is, Great Old Uncle Sam can attest that I have never not provided for my family. Some years more than others but still always a reasonable income. All this to say, when it was his turn to support me, his turn to encourage me, he bailed. He bailed in grand style that frankly should earn him an award for how almost unbelievably someone can screw another human being, especially someone he had once claimed to love. Change is necessary and difficult, I guess looking back on this board, it stings. Had I known then what I know now? Would I, Could I? Maybe..... I'm not nor will I ever be that selfish spineless coward that his.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:16 AM
Senior Board Member

WOW I'm really sorry to hear that Sharlie. I've been married so long that I can't even amagine being single. It's not much comfort but remember, what goes around come's around.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington
Old 04-21-2014, 11:29 AM
Board Regular

Thanks Repete, I don't think of myself as single, I cry thinking about the "d" word so I don't think of myself as that either. Our oldest will be 20 in a few days, had him at 16. You're a trucker so I don't need to do the math for you..... Everyone tells me " oh I will do fine" Haven't lost my figure or my looks yet. However, the thought of dating, being a part of the rat race meat market of singlehood, sickens me. Not interest, not for me. My boys worship their dad he can be out whoring around and its 'a guy'. I suppose the silver lining in can find, is having been married to a trucker for so long, a faithful wife knows how to self sooth.
Old 12-19-2016, 07:05 AM
Rookie

nice post thanks for sharing
Old 12-19-2016, 10:30 AM

sorry this happened to you. but it has been known that many times when one spouse supports the other for an education to better the family, the recipient of that support bails.

live your life to the fullest, with your off spring, and toss him to the side of the road like the torn up rag that he is. then someday when he "comes a knocking", slam the door in his face. let your child know how the dad walked out. do not sugar-coat it for the child's sake. do this of course when the child is older (unless you already did), and let the child know for him/herself how to proceed with the relationship with the dad.

from a male point of view, he is a cad. he deserves nothing from you.

here's another thought, if you 2 had been married for at least 10 years, you can actually obtain HIS social security......even if, you get divorced..

check on that.

just never tell him.

also, as you read the link, try NOT to earn as much as a trucker.....then you ""got him", by the short hairs.......he won't see that coming, when he retires....lol

even if he has to go out on disability...YOU CAN GET HALF OF THAT as well.......

Note: Your benefit as a divorced spouse is equal to one-half of your ex-spouse's full retirement amount (or disability benefit) if you start receiving benefits at your full retirement age. The benefits do not include any delayed retirement credits your ex-spouse may receive.

https://www.ssa.gov/planners/retire/divspouse.html

HOLY CRAP....she ain't been here since 2014....!!!!
thanks for bringing up a DEAD thread...@AliceArifova........!!!!!!!

did it ever occur to you, that DEAD threads are DEAD for a reason...???

now here i was, not paying any attention to the start date, trying to help this gal......

SHE WILL NEVER RETURN HERE.....>!!!!!

all for a DEAD THREAD...nice job...ALICE.....

Last edited by GAnthony; 12-19-2016 at 11:02 AM.
Old 12-23-2016, 12:10 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Well, sometimes the revived dead threads can help someone else. There are some real "cads" out here, but it isn't limited to truckers. I hope that she is doing well and has got her life back on track. An update would be great is she checks into the site.
Old 03-10-2017, 11:31 PM
Board Icon
Default I miss you, too.

I remember when you joined, too. Didn't understand all of what you were going through, but always found your "discussions" and posts very interesting. You're a deep thinker and a good writer.

Come back and let us know how, and what, you are doing.

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.