User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2005, 04:46 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Hi I am also a wife of a schneider bulk driver he has been driving now for 5 months and it hasnt got any easier i cry all the time we have been together 5 years and married 1 year next week may 13 which he is suppose to come home the 12 for 3 days i just pray he gets home this is so hard this is my 2nd marriage and he is a wounderful man as my 1st marriage was very abusive my husband now is loving and caring but very nice to every one that worries me alot i dream of lot lizards as some of my friends or so called friends say lot lizards ars every truck stop are they please help me get through this as im so depressed and i dont want to lose my new husband he is 50 and i am 39 please any one with advise please talk to me
Old 05-04-2005, 01:47 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

My wife and I have been married for 25 years and I have traveled much of that time. It was very difficult for her. In recent years, with the advent of cell phones, it has gotten easier. We were able to talk several times a day. We both got the same service and talk for free to each other. She has some health problems and is now traveling with me. I think it is more difficult for the wives and children than it is for the driver. It is a shame that he couldn't find something where he could be home more, especially with small children at home. If he continues to stay on the road he will miss much of their growing up. It can be good for the two of you in some respects. I have known of some couples who feel that they might not have made it without being apart. They have told me that it is like a honeymoon when the driver comes home. These wives learn to be independent and manage the home. It is difficult on both of you. Perhaps you can find some things to enjoy on your own or with friends and when you husband does make it home, you can really appreciate the time you have together. After he gets some experience, maybe he can get something where he can be home more often. Some companies run drivers about 250 miles out and back the same day and are home every night. They usually look for some experience. Good luck.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:07 AM
Rookie

hi-goodn4 --

Well dear, you are feeling what we all have felt one time or another when our men get into their "home on wheels" and left us for a few weeks. I again after 7 years will be torn up here in 3 days but I spend my time trying to think of something special for that 2nd night he pulls back into our driveway. (I always no the 1st is to stretch out and sleep) When the kids were small- just a short nap that day so early to bed with them- then I'd fix a nice dinner for the two of us and the rest of the night was spent as "newlyweds" and each time he comes in I try and make that one night a special night and we have both come to love it. Alot of time we just spend it talking about what the kids said that was "so cute" (I kept a little memo pad) then he tells me where he has been and the things he has seen. It's what you make it...

I hope this has helped you in some little way. Remember, he is out there making a living for his family and you need to be there for his support.
God Bless and Good Night............
Old 01-05-2006, 05:44 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by schneider wife
i dream of lot lizards as some of my friends or so called friends say lot lizards ars every truck stop are they please help me get through this as im so depressed and i dont want to lose my new husband he is 50 and i am 39 please any one with advise please talk to me
I went with Jester for a month OTR. Dispatch kept the miles coming so there was very little idle time. We traveled all along the west coast and north - west areas. While I was on the road with him I saw a total of about 5, with 4 of those 5 being at his home terminal in Dallas. Trust me when I say - ew! From the ones I saw I can honestly say, any man who wants anything to do with "that" isn't a man you would want anyway.

It will get better, just hang in there.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:17 PM
Rookie

Quote:
From the ones I saw I can honestly say, any man who wants anything to do with "that" isn't a man you would want anyway.

It will get better, just hang in there.
I totally agree!!!
Old 03-30-2006, 04:29 AM
Rookie

Get a camera phone! =) and enjoy the time witch each other when you have time!

The Solution to High Fuel Costs!
Save up to 25% or more on fuel cost!
In Any Vehicle!
http://gaspill.info/vgas/
[email protected]
Old 05-03-2006, 02:10 AM
Rookie
Default A truckers wife...

My husband was a live turkey loader before he started driving. He would be gone all hours of the night and come home maybe three or four in the morning smelling just awful!! I knew he wanted to do something else, so I suggested him drive a truck like his dad. He went to the school and got his cdl and has been driving ever since. It was tough at first; he would be gone 4 to 6 weeks at one time. I stayed home and raised our 2 year old while he was out. Our two year old is now an 8 year old, we also have a 5 year old and a beautiful two story house. This was all accomplished since he started driving. Yes it has been hard to take over the years but our marriage is strong and we are very happy. To make things easier, I like to work on any craft I can. If there is something out there I don't know how to do it, I learn it. I write truckers poems as well and have been asked by more than one person to get them published. Maybe if the moderators don't mind, I could post them here. It has helped me to read my own work from time to time. Keep your chin up, hun, cause someone out there is worse off than you are. Never lose your faith that he will always come home. Oh, Lord do they have to come home????
Old 05-03-2006, 03:24 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
schneider wife i dream of lot lizards as some of my friends or so called friends say lot lizards ars every truck stop are they please help me get through this as im so depressed and i dont want to lose my new husband he is 50 and i am 39 please any one with advise please talk to me
Fact is, yes, I do see them from time to time. But either I sleep through their advances on my truck or they are not at "every truck stop". I'd say that in the past year, I've seen about 3 of them.

You make it pretty obvious that you love him. When ever you get him in your arms, show him. You don't have to say a word, just put your arms around him and show him. If he's got something far better at home than he'll ever find in a truck stop, you won't lose him.

I have a very wonderful wife at home too. I'm out for 30 to 60 days at a time. But, I LIVE for the next time I can be home with her. It's not difficult to compete with them, and you do not have to stoop to their level to do that. When he gets home, show him what he means to you. You'll be fine.

Old 07-10-2006, 05:36 AM
Rookie

I am listening to the words in this forum. I hear cries for help, the same cries I had as a child. The only thing I hear as encouragement is "It will get better, hang in there". My question is, what will get better and when? Im the daughter of a deceased trucker. He was gone all the time and we were home trying to make the best of thing. It never got better. Yes we pretened as a family that everything was fine. But it really was'nt. Yes when he came home for the couple days or few hours it was great, but just to have your heart broke again as soon as he left. There is only one way to make things better and that is to bring him home, and believe it or not you have the power to bring him home. I wrote a short an article about what it was like being a child of a long haul driver. I would love for you to read it.

www.FreedomProsperity.com
Old 08-20-2006, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swan
I am listening to the words in this forum. I hear cries for help, the same cries I had as a child. The only thing I hear as encouragement is "It will get better, hang in there". My question is, what will get better and when? Im the daughter of a deceased trucker. He was gone all the time and we were home trying to make the best of thing. It never got better. Yes we pretened as a family that everything was fine. But it really was'nt. Yes when he came home for the couple days or few hours it was great, but just to have your heart broke again as soon as he left. There is only one way to make things better and that is to bring him home, and believe it or not you have the power to bring him home. I wrote a short an article about what it was like being a child of a long haul driver. I would love for you to read it.

www.FreedomProsperity.com
NOW YOU TELL ME THIS IS NOT TAKING ADVANTAGE!!! People like this should be banded from here for taking advantage of emotional depressed just to promote some GET RICH QUIK scheme!!! BOOO!!!