Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Current Trucking Events (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/current-trucking-events-104/)
-   -   The next attack on America..what will it be. (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/current-trucking-events/6556-next-attack-america-what-will.html)

Uturn2001 02-03-2005 09:49 AM

The next attack on America..what will it be.

So what do you think the next attack will be?

Something along the lines of 9/11 again where 1-3 highly visable targets are attacked in some spectacualr way?

Something on a smaller scale, but with a greater psychological impact?

Something indirect where it will be days or weeks before we know we were even attacked like a with a bio-weapon?

Personally I am split between the bio attack theory and the smaller scale attack, but I am leaning towards a smaller scale attack, but one that will attempt to strike fear into the hearts of the population.

A lot of people think they are safe if they stay away from highly visable targets here, and for this reason I can see the next attack occuring in "small town" USA in the form of a direct assault on a mall, or a school or several of them at once in many towns and small cities across the USA.

So what do you think.

Twilight Flyer 02-03-2005 01:27 PM

Dirty truck bomb. It would likely be the cheapest to construct, the most mobile, and the easiest to keep hidden until it was too late. Terrorists aren't stupid. They may be psycopathic hell-heading butchers, but they are intelligent.

Well, except for the insurgents threatening to behead the G.I. Joe doll tomorrow. :roll:

But back to being serious. What's really scary is that with the elections taking place in Iraq and the insurgents getting so desperate as to air video of a captive G.I. Joe toy, things are actually beginning to show signs of winding down in Iraq. News story yesterday had only 3 provinces in Iraq still classified as unstable. The insurgency as lost and they know it. Aside from a few more random attacks here and there, they have no cause to fight for anymore. So what do you think they're going to do?

I think part of the reason we've been terrorist-attack free in the past several years is that we've had them tied up over there. If we succeed in breaking the insurgency, the leaders aren't going to need the 30,000 suicide idiots anymore. They'll only need a dozen or so of the more intelligent ones to carry out some major attacks over here.

yoopr 02-03-2005 03:20 PM

like it's been said-the terrorists only have to be lucky Once-We have to be right 100% of the time.

kreeper01 02-11-2005 06:41 PM

Darn terrorists, i'm wondering if they love there lives less :?:

nightprwlr 01-08-2007 04:06 AM

Maybe a container in little Cuba. What a joke they was lost,only one in the truck yeah right...... :dung: stuff 'em in a container and light the fuse. :asta:

classicxl 01-08-2007 11:31 AM

wipe them all out and round up all the illegals in the country and kick them out or put them in a camp that is what we did in WWII

Lewis friend 01-27-2007 12:11 AM

Well first, remember that tim macveigh may be gone but there are others to take his place. Think about that sht for a minute.

I feel the next attack, unfortunately, will be chemical/biological. It's too easy to go to a buffet/cafeteria line and sprinkle agents into the food.

The statement about rounding them up like we did in WW2 is a statement of sheer ignorance.

wot i life 01-27-2007 11:20 AM

True story: A British schoolkid virtually brought America,s defence capabilities to a standstill while hacking into government computer systems to look for E.T or evidence of their existance. May not be related answer but scary nonetheless eh?

yoopr 01-28-2007 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wot i life
True story: A British schoolkid virtually brought America,s defence capabilities to a standstill while hacking into government computer systems to look for E.T or evidence of their existance. May not be related answer but scary nonetheless eh?

Don't believe it

wot i life 01-28-2007 07:56 PM

believe Not quite how I remember hearing the story, but I knew there was some truth in it. Sorry Yoopr mate. An infallible defence system does not exist.

BanditsCousin 01-29-2007 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lewis friend
The statement about rounding them up like we did in WW2 is a statement of sheer ignorance.

Maybe to you :roll: The guy behind me (muslim family) were removed from my upscale chicago suburb for trying to smuggle 600,000 in cereal boxes out of the country. In an emergency situation, history might have to repeat itself.

kjax 01-29-2007 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BanditsCousin
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lewis friend

Maybe to you :roll: The guy behind me (muslim family) were removed from my upscale chicago suburb for trying to smuggle 600,000 in cereal boxes out of the country. In an emergency situation, history might have to repeat itself.

Good luck with that one. There are millions and millions of muslims living here today.

One 01-29-2007 04:40 PM

You didnt list the option i was thinking of. it envolves a totalitarian govt. in the US with an attack on our freedom.

Useless 01-31-2007 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One
You didnt list the option i was thinking of. it envolves a totalitarian govt. in the US with an attack on our freedom.

Errrr.....One????? That has already taken place; it's called "The Patriot Act"!! :evil:

Slimland 02-02-2007 03:00 AM

I personaly think the next attack will be a Nuclear one, and I believe it will be more than one nation attacking the USA.

Mack2 02-02-2007 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slimland
I personaly think the next attack will be a Nuclear one, and I believe it will be more than one nation attacking the USA.

I don't know I think it will be another hijacking type thing where they fly a plane into another building.

As for the Nukes isn't they're only 2 countries that would attack us that have nukes? And if they do that it would probably start World War III.

Twilight Flyer 02-02-2007 01:30 PM

No country will attack us with nukes for the simple matter of M.A.D.

Mutual Assured Destruction

A terrorist with a suitcase nuke, on the other hand, is another story.

bulldog2036 02-02-2007 02:02 PM

I thought this thread was about a "terrorist" attack not an attack by another nation.....any way it will probably happen in the in one of our subway systems....

Slimland 02-03-2007 06:43 AM

If we where to get attacked by any other Nation or group of Nations and it being Nuclear. Yes I think it would end up as WW3. But the M.A.D I think is theory, what I mean is. Yes it can happen that We if attacked, would surly attack in return. But what if something stopped us from a complet return of fire.

If I remmember correctly there are some that believe a war could be one, by using nukes in strategic places, etc and so on. But it was just an opinion and thought.

As for Terrorist attack, Acouple of nations attacking us, does strike some terror, Exspecialy if they have nukes and are pretty much on the same level of tecnology as the USA!

big trucker 02-06-2007 11:08 AM

it will never happen

Mackman 02-06-2007 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicxl
wipe them all out and round up all the illegals in the country and kick them out or put them in a camp that is what we did in WWII

I AGREE 100%

Mack2 02-07-2007 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big trucker
it will never happen

Want to make a bet?

It is my personal beliefs that the USA will fall one of these days or there will be all out war mabey in the next 30 years.

shyykatt 02-21-2007 01:34 AM

Jest heard about a tanker that was blown-up in Iraq; the scums hid it under the belly- hope that never happens here, very scary. (I'm sure thats not the 1st time over there, jest the 1st I've heard of it). :sad:

BanditsCousin 02-22-2007 04:15 AM

I think we should prosecute robbers and drive-bys as terrorist activities. After all, isn't that what they are? Instilling fear on innocent civilians? One's country of origin shouldn't dictate whether its 'violent crime" or a "terrorist" operation.

Thats my .02

Slimland 02-22-2007 11:25 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by BanditsCousin
I think we should prosecute robbers and drive-bys as terrorist activities. After all, isn't that what they are? Instilling fear on innocent civilians? One's country of origin shouldn't dictate whether its 'violent crime" or a "terrorist" operation.

Thats my .02

IMOP, that is some good 2 cents!

PackRatTDI 02-25-2007 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicxl

62% of the people put in Japanese interment camps were American citizens.

Quote:

Sadly this forum is full of that lately.

Cluggy619 02-26-2007 12:10 AM

The next attack will be economical.

1st, the will start out by making the illegal immigrants legal....

2nd, they will send drivers into our country to take over what is left of the transportation business away from Americans......

Seems like they started already.......

Useless 02-26-2007 01:19 AM

Couldn't agree with you more, Cluggy619!!

The next attack on America will come from within, compliments of The Bush Administration.

It will be carried out through the use of big trucks, rolling down America's highways, being driven by Mexican drivers who hold what used to be American jobs.

And GWB and his buddies will laugh their way to the banks, while the drivers struggle to find some line of work that will pay a sustainable wage.

NevadaJim 02-27-2007 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slimland

I would have to lean this way too. History has a way of repeating itself. It's just a matter of time before the end of the cold war comes full circle and Nukes are back in everyones focus. It's only been 20 years and we're already starting to see this pop up again in certain countries. Hopefully, it will be controlled, but who knows. Some seem to think Mexicans driving trucks is our big threat...go figure.

sweepwing 03-01-2007 06:01 AM

As previously mentioned, the Patriot Act along with the Military Commisions Act and an updated version of the Sedition Act where GWB and his brown-shirt assistant Alberto Gonzales can arbitrarily label any US citizen a traitor and have him imprisoned or executed with secret evidence and trial.

Welcome to Amerika. Who needs terrorists?

Fozzy 03-01-2007 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweepwing
As previously mentioned, the Patriot Act along with the Military Commisions Act and an updated version of the Sedition Act where GWB and his brown-shirt assistant Alberto Gonzales can arbitrarily label any US citizen a traitor and have him imprisoned or executed with secret evidence and trial.

Welcome to Amerika. Who needs terrorists?

Where was and is all the historical concern over what FDR did and his laws continue to do? The Nazi / brownshirt thing again.. is just childish and disingenuous.

sweepwing 03-01-2007 02:53 PM

Where was and is all the historical concern over what FDR did and his laws continue to do? The Nazi / brownshirt thing again.. is just childish and disingenuous.[/quote]

If you made any sense at all, I would reply. You might want to buy a dictionary when you try to use those big five syllable words. It sure is embarassing when you use the wrong big word.

Fozzy 03-01-2007 03:17 PM

dis·in·gen·u·ous (d?s'?n-j?n'y??-?s) Pronunciation Key
adj.

1. Not straightforward or candid; insincere or calculating: "an ambitious, disingenuous, philistine, and hypocritical operator, who ... exemplified ... the most disagreeable traits of his time" (David Cannadine).
2. Pretending to be unaware or unsophisticated; faux-naïf.
3. Usage Problem Unaware or uninformed; naive.

sweepwing 03-01-2007 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fozzy
dis·in·gen·u·ous (d?s'?n-j?n'y??-?s) Pronunciation Key
adj.

1. Not straightforward or candid; insincere or calculating: "an ambitious, disingenuous, philistine, and hypocritical operator, who ... exemplified ... the most disagreeable traits of his time" (David Cannadine).
2. Pretending to be unaware or unsophisticated; faux-naïf.
3. Usage Problem Unaware or uninformed; naive.

I still fail to see where you've used the word appropriately. You will impress more people by arguing the subject matter rather than impugn the messenger. Don't behave like an intellectual coward.

Fozzy 03-01-2007 04:58 PM

I think you fail to see plenty that is real.. and see plenty that only resides in your little happy place.

sweepwing 03-01-2007 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fozzy
I think you fail to see plenty that is real.. and see plenty that only resides in your little happy place.

Very impressive. You reveal more about your character with every post.

Fozzy 03-01-2007 11:44 PM

Coming from you that's complimentary...

com·pli·men·ta·ry /?k?mpl??m?nt?ri, -tri/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[kom-pluh-men-tuh-ree, -tree] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation adjective, noun, plural -ries.
–adjective
1. of the nature of, conveying, or expressing a compliment, often one that is politely flattering: a complimentary remark.
2. given free as a gift or courtesy: a complimentary ticket.
–noun
3. something given or supplied without charge, as lodging, transportation, or meals, esp. as an inducement to prospective customers.

terrylamar 03-04-2007 02:30 AM

We have been under attack for many years now, mostly by liberals, but weak conservatives with their own interest taking priority over the country's best interest. Eventually, this will all correct itself when the country (world) goes to hell in a hand basket. Once again strong men and women will step forward and deal with our problems making our country strong again.

coastie 03-14-2007 08:37 AM

While Bush is in I do not think we will be attacked again, but if A Democrat get's in and we are pulled out of Iraq before the job is done like the Democrats wants, I know we will. Why did we get attacked in the first place? Let's go back to the 90's. America and Americans were attacked 6 times. 2 of them within the USA. OK City, and WTC in 95. Then many times over seas. What was done? Besides sending a few missiles in to the desert where nobody was at, nothing.. So that was the invite to attack again. SO 9-11 happen. President Bush showed them he was different. He was going to take action. We are keeping them busy in Iraq and Afghanistan we will not.

What the News is not telling you that the Iraqis are glad we are there and want to help us. They are still learning. Its not a over night deal. But we Must remain Strong and do Not Budge a hair or we will lose for sure. The Democrats are working hard to have that just happen, cause us to lose the War. They have no clue at all about how to fight the War. Hillary stated recently she was against the War and it was Illegal, remember, well why did she vote for it? Why did she push for it while Bill in? Yes it was being planned out way before Bush went into Office..... Desert Storm was being planned out in 1988 but did not happen till 1991.

Remember in November when the Democrats won, the insurgents in Iraq then stepped up their Operations against us. Why? They know the Democrats are in their Favor.