Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Current Trucking Events (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/current-trucking-events-104/)
-   -   Anybody heard? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/current-trucking-events/27032-anybody-heard.html)

scania 05-19-2007 12:06 PM

Anybody heard?

At my job they were talking there is a bill in the making that allows illegal aliens to "buy" their papers for $5000.

Any truth to that??

golfhobo 05-19-2007 12:14 PM

Re: Anybody heard?

Quote:

Originally Posted by scania
At my job they were talking there is a bill in the making that allows illegal aliens to "buy" their papers for $5000.

Any truth to that??

Some truth, yes. It is the fine that must be paid by the illegals under the "proposed" bill. This was all over the news for the last 2 days, along with all the other provisions, requirements, etc....

Don't jump to conclusions that this is some kind of citizenship for cash deal.

DaveP 05-19-2007 12:27 PM

Just a way to raise a quick $60,000,000,000.00.

Teddy's shooting for it because he needs a piece of that for some highway money and a bronze bust of himself in the garden.

Fourcats 05-19-2007 04:44 PM

It won't cost them anything.
Our "representatives" are giving away the country... :x :x :x

Actually the "bill" is not finshed yet, they are still trying to translate it into ENGLISH

One 05-20-2007 12:34 PM

Heres all the info on that topic: http://candidatereviews.org/forums/index.php?topic=61.0

05-20-2007 01:30 PM

It's true but the head of the household must return to Mexico and file the papers there before they can come back along with the $5,000 fine.

Fozzy 05-20-2007 01:41 PM

They are talking about the people that are already here.. if they all stay.. what really has changed???

One 05-20-2007 02:40 PM

At least big business can charge them money for it and create an indentured servitude business...Im imagining work camps already...I dont know what to think about this bill right now...

Fourcats 05-20-2007 05:57 PM

This shows how far removed the "elite" Democrats AND Republicans are from is needed first, secure borders. Something like Mexico's south border would work.
As soon as this bill is signed there will be LOTS more people and ALL thier relatives "in the system" with Welfare and medical services overloaded. Just how much will that cost you, besides your job??

Need to call/Email your "representatives" and tell them to vote "NO" on it.

jnk2001 05-21-2007 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourcats
This shows how far removed the "elite" Democrats AND Republicans are from is needed first, secure borders. Something like Mexico's south border would work.

Have you seen the border at El Paso? It looks like a demilitarized zone...
nothing but dead space. really sad actually!

As soon as this bill is signed there will be LOTS more people and ALL thier relatives "in the system" with Welfare and medical services overloaded. Just how much will that cost you, besides your job??

Need to call/Email your "representatives" and tell them to vote "NO" on it.

Fozzy 05-21-2007 11:49 AM

I think if we had a contest on just who are the biggest drain on the system between the (if this actually becomes law) domestic welfare types and the immigrants.. I'm thinking that AGAIN the immigrants not even be a blip on the screen compared to the professional welfare/entitlement class we grew domestically.

bameyi 05-23-2007 12:05 AM

fozzy is right domestic welfare drain the system more in food stamp, section 8 and will not get a job. have anyone seen the sticker's on car keep up the good job people on welfare depend on you.

BigWheels 05-24-2007 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fozzy
I think if we had a contest on just who are the biggest drain on the system between the (if this actually becomes law) domestic welfare types and the immigrants.. I'm thinking that AGAIN the immigrants not even be a blip on the screen compared to the professional welfare/entitlement class we grew domestically.

What scares me is all of the people who aren't saving for retirement. In 20+ years they will be clamoring for the government to take care of them--that's after they receive their social security check--it won't be enough for them and the lifestyle they're accustomed to.

Unfortunately, the entitlement mentality will not fade away any time soon unless we all tell our politicians to stop the madness. Otherwise, nothing will change and you and I will watch a further erosion of our paycheck(s) in the future.

BigWheels 05-24-2007 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bameyi
...have anyone seen the sticker's on car keep up the good job people on welfare depend on you.

ain't that the truth! :shock: :sad:

Fozzy 05-24-2007 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigWheels
Quote:

What scares me is all of the people who aren't saving for retirement. In 20+ years they will be clamoring for the government to take care of them--that's after they receive their social security check--it won't be enough for them and the lifestyle they're accustomed to.

Unfortunately, the entitlement mentality will not fade away any time soon unless we all tell our politicians to stop the madness. Otherwise, nothing will change and you and I will watch a further erosion of our paycheck(s) in the future.

This is the working class / entitlement class merge. I try to explain the social security issue like it is FACTUALLY. The social security program is exaclty like car insurance. You pay premiums and hope nothing goes wrong. This is the way that the program was designed. It's another good intentioned program that has been perverted into what it is now. How many of us actually see any of the money that we pay into our insurance companies again? The only time that you should expect to see the money is if of CANNOT WORK! CAN NOT! We now have a system where able bodied and relatively healthy people are "retiring" and living off the rest of our money for 25-30 years! This is almost the same amount of time the spent working! There is no way that they have put that much money into the system, but they darned sure demand to spend it.

Ridge Runner 05-24-2007 02:32 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigWheels
Quote:

This is the working class / entitlement class merge. I try to explain the social security issue like it is FACTUALLY. The social security program is exaclty like car insurance. You pay premiums and hope nothing goes wrong. This is the way that the program was designed. It's another good intentioned program that has been perverted into what it is now. How many of us actually see any of the money that we pay into our insurance companies again? The only time that you should expect to see the money is if of CANNOT WORK! CAN NOT! We now have a system where able bodied and relatively healthy people are "retiring" and living off the rest of our money for 25-30 years! This is almost the same amount of time the spent working! There is no way that they have put that much money into the system, but they darned sure demand to spend it.

Fozzy, usually I disagree with you MORE than enyone else on this board ( usually on social issues ) but when it comes to business and money ( don't remember the exact post ) and now this one.....all I can say is WOW!!! I never really thought of it quite that way but that is what SSI stands for, INSURANCE. It is not a retirement plan, it is insurance in case the unexpected happens. The premiums have become so high because now it is treated like a retirement plan.

That just left me with a lot to ponder tonight at work. :wink:

Fozzy 05-24-2007 10:57 PM

Thanks.. This topic really always irritates me because those demanding to retire when they are 65 are also the types that usually love to bash the other entitlement babies.

Central Coast Driver 05-28-2007 11:31 PM

Ok, I'm learning a lot here finally on this forum about this topic. Until then I didn't here much about this topic. Let's get this ball rolling. Can someone give me a link to contact our Legislator's. We need to tell all of our friend's and family too. Scary Shit.

Central Coast Driver 05-31-2007 03:40 AM

Nevermind ^^^ I found out how to contact my senator's for my district. I could only leave a voicemail and a email. They most likely deleted them. Now I know why no one helped me out, because it's pointless. I'm starting to think that this is just another "Michael Moore bullshit story". Someone's just trying to scare us for political reasons I guess.