Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Current Trucking Events (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/current-trucking-events-104/)
-   -   Not sure were i should turn........hope yall can help me out (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/current-trucking-events/19575-not-sure-were-i-should-turn-hope-yall-can-help-me-out.html)

PANELWRIGHTS 08-16-2006 01:43 PM

Not sure were i should turn........hope yall can help me out

I'm new to this forum but hoping i could get some help. I'm in the process of quoting a very large project for my company. We are looking at 175 - 200 step decks with full tarps needed over a 25 week period. Does anyone know a company that is capable of handling this. The pick up would be in Blissfield, MI and delivered to Cherokee, NC. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank Ya ll in Advance
Chrisie

Rawlco 08-16-2006 09:06 PM

Hmmm, 600 miles, stepdeck, full tarps, crossing Ohio, I assume not overweight or overdimension. . . I would expect that to cost between $1500 and $1800 per load. 175 loads at $1500 is $262,000, and 200 loads at $1800 is $360,000 for a rough estimate. You may be able to move it cheaper with some cut rate carriers, or it might cost more if you want one truck every day guaranteed and the freight into your area or out of the destination area is cheap/slow.

You have three choices for getting the freight moved.
1) You can call a flatbed company like TMC transportation. They will arrange everything and may even be able to set up a dedicated route with two or three drivers handling all your freight. This would give you the most predictable rate and delivery.
2) You can contact a broker in your area who will find trucks on a load by load basis. Some loads may be cheap and some may cost more.
3) You can look into posting your loads directly on load boards such as www.getloaded.com and www.internettruckstop.com. In this case you will need someone at your office to negotiate with carriers for each load on payment terms and such. This will require the most work on your part but you may be able to move the loads for closer to $1200 to $1500 per load.

Good luck.

PANELWRIGHTS 08-17-2006 01:04 PM

First off Thank you for your reply........we are actually looking at 6-8 trucks per week. I had not thought about using the on line postings for trucks since there were so many of them and not wanting to spend that much time but you have a good point about the savings it would bring the company. I will just have to keep that in mind when it comes time to start scheduling these loads.

Porchclimber 10-31-2006 03:35 AM

Good going Rawlco.
The worst thing that could happen to trucking is those online pimpboards and the second worst thing to happen is the people that use them.

GoldiesPlating 10-31-2006 09:58 PM

Personally, I liked the TMC idea best. Then again, I work there. :wink: