View Poll Results: Hillary or Condaleeza - who would you vote for president?
Hillary Clinton 21 31.34%
Condaleeza Rice 46 68.66%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2005, 02:36 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepete
Who do the Republicans have as President material?
My Mother is a news/political junkie. I asked her about this last night. The front-runners at this point in time are:

Bill Frist Senator from TN (He's also a heart surgeon)
Rick Santorum Senator from PA (Put a mustache on this guy and mess up his hair a little and he'd be GORGEOUS)
Rudy Giuliani Former Mayor of NYC (in office when 9/11 happened)
Newt Gingrich Former Speaker of the House
George Pataki Current Governor of NY
And Arnie - if the laws are changed Arnie's Bio
Old 01-30-2005, 02:51 PM
Senior Board Member

Powell is definately a long shot for President. He has been approached so many times already and has repeatedly said that he does not want the job. The only reason he came out of retirement to be the Sec of State was as a big favor to George Bush (Daddy Bush).

As far as Arnold S. goes, if the constitution does get ammended to allow him a chance at the Presidency he might not be a bad choice. He is far from stupid.

On the democratic ticket there has been a lot of early talk about a Hilary/Obama ticket. One thing here. If Hillary does run in the top slot and is elected she will be the 1st woman president and the first 1st term president who has experience at running the oval office. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 05-17-2005, 01:54 AM
Senior Board Member

If Hilary gets into ofice I will move to Austraila. Hillary as president scarry :shock:
Old 06-18-2005, 01:48 AM
Senior Board Member
Location: Somewhere between Western Canada and Texas/California

A few comments from a Canadian.

I have heard that Calgary, Alberta is the largest city of Americans, outside of the US.

There are more Canadians living in LA than Americans living in Calgary. (this one I am not sure of either, but it sounds right)

50% of Canada's GNP is directly related to trade with the USA.
5% of US trade is with Canada.

You guys sneeze, and we get pneumonia.

I will not comment on who I think POTUS should be, except to say, please elect someone who actully KNOWS where Canada is.

And our Prime Ministers name is not Poutein, it is Martin.

How many Canadians does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Three, One to see how they do it in New York, One to see how they do it in Los Angeles, and one to do it.
Old 06-18-2005, 02:02 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Who
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchez498
Ok call me dense but who is Condaleeza Rice.
What??????

Ms Rice is the Shrubs "back up the L.I.E." person.

Actually Ms Rice would make a good Vice something or other, the Gobs Of Puke still have a long way to go before the idea of a very well educated female obtaining the rank of president will ever come to pass.

Just ask Rush....
What has he Lied about?
Old 06-23-2005, 12:14 AM
Senior Board Member
Location: Somewhere between Western Canada and Texas/California

I am not going to vote for either one of them.
Old 08-22-2005, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Who
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchez498
Ok call me dense but who is Condaleeza Rice.
What??????

Ms Rice is the Shrubs "back up the L.I.E." person.

Actually Ms Rice would make a good Vice something or other, the Gobs Of Puke still have a long way to go before the idea of a very well educated female obtaining the rank of president will ever come to pass.

Just ask Rush....

More hate from the "tolerant" left.

Personally, I'd like to see a Newt/Condy ticket.
Old 11-12-2006, 05:07 PM
Senior Board Member

I thought that it might be a good idea to re-visit this thread, given that the U.S. mid-term elections are behind us.

First, I think that Condi Rice has one of the most gifted (male of female) minds in Washington. Unfortunately, I think that she chose to become a politician instead of a stateswoman.

By and large, the American voters have stated their opposition to the way that the war in Iraq has been executed. Rice has aligned herself too closely with Bush, and so I think that her chances of becoming the first woman POTUS have now been significantly reduced.

As for HRC, I'm no fan of hers, but I think that she does have the makings of a successful Presidential candidate, in that she has the Democratic party's support, and she has proved herself to be an extremely successful fundraiser. Her (sort of Ex-)Husband, but convenient bed-fellow, (that is, when he's not in bed with someone else) Bill Clinton, also has enormous power as a powerful fund raiser as well.
Old 11-12-2006, 06:16 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
Arnie for POTUSator. What about Rudy Guliani? I've heard his name batted around now and then.
Rudy said he will announce in the next few months whether or not he will run. I, for one, hope he does. I would love to see Rudy vs. Hillary. Rudy would obliterate her.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:43 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago

Rudy said he will announce in the next few months whether or not he will run. I, for one, hope he does. I would love to see Rudy vs. Hillary. Rudy would obliterate her.
Well, Rev.,

If Giuliani had been able to complete his bid for the Senate back in 2000, I think that he would have gone on to defeat HRC. I also think that he would be on a solid path for a run for POUTS. Sadly for Giuliani, cancer is an equal opportunity employer. Unfortunately, while I believe that he has the makings of a good candidate, I'm afraid that due to his battle with Cancer, he is now too far behind the curve in terms of fund raising abilities.

Now, after the mid-term elections last week, it has clear that the dynamics of political power have shifted, but at this point, no one knows how the Republican party will deal with the changing political atmosphere.

One problem is that HRC has now established herself as a formidable political force, and when you combine her fund raising abilities with those of her husband, and add their political base to the equation, the possibilities of her running as either a Presidential candidate, or as a running mate have to be viewed as quite strong.

Another problem that I see is that unless the Republican party adopts a more centrist, moderate tone, then Giuliani's chances of being able to get the Republican nomination will be severely compromised. The Ultra Conservative, hard right factions of The Republican party, and particularly the more fundamentalist Christian right, are not going to suddenly become silent, and they will remain as a substantial economic force within the party.

Consequently, the Republicans seem poised for some serious trouble. Unless the Republican party is willing to moderate many of it's positions, and allow the more moderate Repbublican voices to speak freely, then it is unlikely that the voters who turned them out of office less than a week ago will suddenly embrace them and return them to office two years from now. At the same time, given that The Republican party relies so heavily on the extreme right for financial support, the prospects of The GOP being able to moderate it's tones and positions for the run in 2008 are reduced before they even make it out of the gate.

The Democrats are now showing significant signs of allowing more centrist positions. This was shown when several conservative Democrats were elected, but even more so by the fact that The Democratic Party realized that they were going to have to fund and support them in order to recapture Capitol Hill. For that reason, like it or not, agree or disagree, for better or for worse, I think that the Democrats will be left with a very strong upper hand going into the race for the Oval Office.

Speaking for myself, I think that Ret. Gen. Colon Powell and former Mayor Rudolph Giuliani would make an awesome ticket. Both would make excellent choices for President or Vice President. Sadly, as it now stands, I don't believe that the Republican Party will allow it to happen.

One good thing that has happened is that John Kerry has irrevocably flushed his own prospects for The White House down the toilet!!