Many people at hearing favor Exit 150 change - Roanoke.com
Discuss.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:18 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Personally I think the 143 is worse, driving along South and all of a sudden you got vehicles merging in from the left instead of the right. I've never used the 150 for anything, what exactly is the problem currently? Too much signage and ramps?

I really wish our locals would get their act together and get on the same page for Fredericksburg. They had a proposal to put in a new exit ramp at the Welcome Center just below the 133 that would lead to a special parkway along with a feeder road moving traffic from the 133 to this parkway without actually getting on I-95. The new BOS for Spotsy repealed what the previous BOS voted, which was for it. It would have alleviated all that local traffic that works up off the 133 from having to mix in with regular I-95 traffic.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:27 AM
Senior Board Member

Well, the 143 is worse for those ON the interstate heading southbound, being a left-hand exit and entrance. However, the 150 is horrible once you get off the interstate. The problem is that the intersection of US-11 and US-220/220A is always crowded until late at night. Traffic on 220 southbound gets really messed up right under the interstate, and it's just a general cluster.
I do have a vague idea of what you speak of at the 133 on 95th Street, but I don't get out to that part of the world enough to notice how it would be a benefit... and no, I don't want a memory refresher in the form of a load going up 95, hahaha.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:45 PM
Board Icon

So another one of those, approve everything for building and then we will figure out the road mess later if it becomes a problem with traffic. Only problem is, if you build the area up and create all that traffic, your landlocked from really doing anything. These are the exits that I write down in my notes to never stop at again. I have several in WV that I refuse to ever exit at. Beckley as a whole is just a cluster. Exit 42 is just a nightmare for getting off then back on again on 77 and it's just because of how the ramps are. Go up to the next exit, 44 and it's a traffic nightmare a lot of times.